A Dirty Go-Test: Nail’d Gamescom Trailer

By Kieron Gillen on August 20th, 2010 at 1:30 pm.

Yay and similar!

Also at Gamescom was… actually, I’m having trouble writing this. Part of me thinks it’s a good idea not to cover this at all, because of one of the most egregiously awful titles I’ve seen in my fifteen or so years of gamesjournodom. The other part of me really likes the bit where you’re flying through the air on your ATV and flipping between the enormous rotating blades of a wind-turbine. Fuckity yeah, etc. I’m posting about – hnnngh – Nail’d, as I have a terrible weakness for the awesome. It’s out before the end of the year, you can find more details on its site, look at new, oddly grainy shots over at Worthplaying and see the trailer below…

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Hensler says:

That looks pretty epic – all my motocross and quad games are on console, it’ll be nice to get one for PC.

2. Xercies says:

Stronger, Faster, Harder…then what? Explain!

3. AndrewC says:

Awesome is a nice place to visit, but i wouldn’t want to live there.

4. H4NNiB4L says:

“Pure”, anyone?

• Duoae says:

That’s what i was thinking… except Pure was a pretty terrible game (at least for me the handling and feel of the ride was just too loose and cartoony)….

• anon says:

re: Pure

Handling wasn’t great but it wasn’t awful.
      Developers made absolutely no attempt to help foster a community around their game.
      The visuals could have looked 4x better with a little tweaking to the bloom settings.
      The menu system wasn’t bad it could use a lot of improvement.
      The music sucked.
      The load time between tracks and menu was ridiculous.
      The jumps were epic.
      The tricks were good.
      It lacked a free-ride/practice mode.
      It needed 2 more track environments.
      There were lots of places off the track that looked like a lot more fun than the actual tracks.

Still, it’s my favorite racing game behind GRID

• Manley Pointer says:

@anon: Has there ever been a racing game with good music?

5. Diziet says:

Can someone tell me why I should be attracted to this instead of Motorstorm, Pure or even Fuel? Then again I’ve been having a wail of a time revisting dirt 2 online recently.

• Flimgoblin says:

lots of vertigo-inducing drops by the looks of it?

• Diziet says:

From the camera angles they choose yeah but there’s a stack of stuff like that in motorstorm and pure. I doubt you’ll see that sort of thing in the average play through. I must admit though I’ve only played the demo of pure, didn’t buy the game as I had the aforementioned other two.

• DrGonzo says:

There is nothing like that in Pure. It looks like Pure exaggerated by a thousand. Which is great because Pure was rather dull to be honest.

Though I agree that Motorstorm looks better. But that’s no reason to dismiss this. It still looks like a laugh.

6. Jedibagpipemaster says:

Are they using the same engine as Just Cause 2? Since those Wind Turbines look suspiciously like the ones in JC2, red paint on the Propeller blades and all.

• DrGonzo says:

I presume it’s the engine they made for Call of Juarez. Which is a very sexy game. Also, it’s reeeeally easy to make maps for.

7. Freud says:

I’d buy it. If I could play as a wind-turbine slicing up those silly motorists.

8. SirKicksalot says:

FlatOut with quads and motorbikes?

9. Gregg B says:

Is this a flying game or a racing game? ATV: Airborne Travel Vehicles.

And what’s with ‘Nail’d'? Why did the ‘e’ have to go? Where are the nails? So many questions.

10. Corrupt_Tiki says:

I Much rather MX vs ATV Unleashed, but I am a whore for two wheelers =)

PS RPS, more racing games! XD

11. Famous Hats says:

That was a great piece of information., I enjoyed reading it..,

12. red bull new era hats says:

I like the website http://www.hats-trade.com ,you can buy anything anytime.

13. Monster Energy Hats says:

Recommend you to take a look at it, is now being discounted, Monster Energy Hats Collection in hot! Fashionable 59fifty baseball hats

14. shoes wholesale says:

but I want to tell you there is a execting website dollar stores ,everything just be sold a dollar.yes ,it is true,my friend