Tardiss? Dr Who: Tardis Available

By Kieron Gillen on August 27th, 2010 at 1:00 pm.

Get off our ceiling.

It’s time for another chance for all the female-fancying members of the audience to be disturbed by fancying a lady with a very similar name to mine. The third of the four Doctor Who adventure games is now available to download. You can get it from here, on the Internet. The USP of this one is that you actually get to control the Tardis. Those who played the first two are beginning to suspect that’ll mean a minigame or a stealth-sequence where you somehow sneak the Tardis past a temporal anomaly, but you never know.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Dean says:

If it’s confined to the TARDIS it could be decent. I quite enjoyed the second one after finding the first to be pretty poor. I can’t see how they can elbow in a stealth section if it is all in the TARDIS. But you never know.

2. Daniel Johnston says:

Is it ok to fancy Karen and Kieron?

• TonyB says:

It’s not only OK, it is in fact the recommended way to avoid confusion over the appropriate response when you see one of them.

• CMaster says:

It’s fine with me.
      They might ask you to choose and stop toying with their emotions however.

3. hahaha, oktoberfest! says:

I’m pretty sure it is.

4. Alexander Norris says:

Images of Kieron in drag still haunt my darkest nightmares. :(

5. Klaus says:

Where are the Sontarans? Needs more Sontarans.

6. Brumisator says:

*sigh* I wish I didn’t hate the 11th doctor so much.
    I just can’t stand his damn face, voice and acting! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    But apparently I’m in a minority.

• MrThingy says:

I liked Charlie Brooker’s description of Matt Smith, likening him to an Easter Island statue… but I do actually like Matt Smith. Reminds me a bit of Peter Davidson a little bit, making me a little nostalgic for the 80s.

• Magnus says:

You’re not, trust me. My favourite of the post 2005 has been Christopher Eccleston, though by the end I did enjoy Tennant and in comparison to bloody Smith he is quite good.

I don’t blame Smith so much as the people that cast him, it isn’t his fault that hes too young for the role – he just does not have the capability to play such a unique and diverse character.

As for the games, I played about 5 minutes of the first episode, I am not an adventure fan to begin with and stealth sections destroy it for me.

• Schadenfreude says:

Richard Herring had a nice description of Matt Smith. Something along the lines of ‘a quite handsome man who has had his face flattened by a shovel’.

Personally I go for Eccleston>Smith>Tennant though I think this newest series has been the strongest so far.

• DrGonzo says:

I really think Eccleston is the worst ever Dr. The whole time he was on screen I would cringe. He actually took it seriously and was acting. It’s like no one told him it was Dr Who, I found the whole thing rather cringy. That’s why I like Tennant and to a lesser extent Smith. They seem to understand that Dr Who is pretty awful and needs to be a bit camp and silly.

• Klaus says:

Yeah, I think Eccleston took it too seriously. Tennant and Smith are more fun to watch.

• Zyrxil says:

Eccleston was terrible, though to be fair, it could’ve just been the shitty writing of the season he was in, with extra extra low budgets. Tennant of course was awesome, and I am so disappointed that there was never a season where Moffat wrote every single episode with Tennant acting.

I can’t really stand Karen Gillan. Her mannerisms are just so annoying, and as a pretty face she doesn’t do much for me. My favorite companion was Catherine Tate by a very large margin, even though I fully expected to dislike her.

• Klaus says:

Yes. This. Most of it was because she wasn’t fawning over the Doctor, and actually had some considerable growth as a character. Have to say; hate her end, though. =\

7. sharpshooterklj says:

Anybody have an alternate download link? One that doesn’t require that I’m in the UK?

• Klaus says:

You could use a proxy, which worked for me once. But even if you get the game, the installer checks whether you are in the UK anyhow.

8. fuggles says:

This was really bad unfortunately. On the plus there is no stealth, on the minus it’s about 45 minutes long, consists of two rooms and has a room full of facts which you must read to then answer a multiple choice quiz in the middle, followed by a trial and error puzzle. You don’t even get to defeat the villain, the doctor does it all in cutscenes…

Is this a leak for the full thing, or merely a filler episode for a spectacular finale?

*sigh*

• Phlebas says:

I’m not sure it’s intended as a trial and error puzzle – you get to examine the console as much as you like beforehand, so I think it’s meant to be a memory test like the trivia quiz.
      A memory test performed while running in a tight circle trying to focus on things in the middle of said circle. With a fairly tight time limit. Oh well.

9. The Magic says:

I really liked this one. The writing by James Moran (I love that guy), the quiz on Dr Who trivia, the part where you explore, and then have to remember what does what to start the TARDIS. The acting was better, the minigame puzzles were more varied (even though they’re the same puzzles from previous games, but the writing makes it make sense that they’re there.)

Yes, there should have been more puzzles and things involving the entity and things like that, and the first puzzle wasn’t a puzzle, it’s just doing what you’re told “Press the red things” duh, OKAY! But the writing for that section was cool though. I liked it.

It woz funs

10. Hoshi says:

Ahhh, no way too load this for free for us poor Grosfurters….sad story

11. Nathan says:

I couldn’t quite believe how short this episode was. Even compared to the previous two it was… pretty damned short.

12. thedoctor says:

Amusingly I know both a Karen Gillen and a Kieron Gillan, and they’re also both attractive.