Arma II: OA Event Tomorrow. Or Not.

By Jim Rossignol on August 28th, 2010 at 2:15 pm.

Men and their guns, together at last.
UPDATE TWO: Oh dear. Problems with the server for this means we’re going to have to postpone. Again. I know, apologies! I’m going to have to get RPS its own games box for these kinds of eventualities! Sorry about this. We will get our Arma 2 game soon. More details later.

UPDATE: Apologies for lack of information! I’m having some last minute problems with the server for this. If you have a private OA server, now would be a good time to speak up. More information soon!

Just a quick reminder for folks who won copies of A2OA in our recent competition that we have having a little multiplayer event tomorrow from 2pm BST. I will be editing the server details into this post a bit closer to that time, so come here for organisational whatnots.

Also! If you are an A2OA owner and want to come along, there will likely be additional spaces to play with us later on, and we’ll probably open it up on the Steam Group once the winning posse are all connected. Needless to say, everyone should get the latest patch, and places for non-winners can’t be guaranteed.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Senethro says:

I’ll be putting small rings on small woodland birds at 6am that day, so I’ll be in a mean mood by the afternoon. Just you see if I salute the Sgt.

2. Nullkigan says:

Will probably rise late tomorrow morning, as today is my birthday and I am liable to stay up very late with a bottle of wine.

Hopefully I’ll be clear headed enough by 1400 to not embed any cars in walls. Failing that, I’ll blame the mission designer.

Speaking of which, what will we be playing? A custom made mission, default capture the island, or something along the lines of domination?

3. Alexander Norris says:

Huzzah for patching to 1.54! I can now play with the shiny new artillery computer!

4. TV-PressPass says:

The new patch is essentially a demo of the British DLC. Its an astonishingly clever idea to keep the community from being fractured. Those who don’t buy it can still access the low rez models and weapons for multiplayer, meaning we won’t end up with a secluded island of brit players all on their own.

I’ve been on the fence about this DLC, and getting a chance to dust off the flight sticks and play with some new British choppers without having to slap down the $10 right away is a fantastic deal.

5. Nilokey says:

I’ve been practising my weaponz skillz.

By skillz I mean the ability to no longer hit my fellow teammates and by weaponz i mean rocket launchers.

6. Bas says:

Can’t be bothered to Google, did they fix the gui in the expansion?

7. Turin Turambar says:

Oh, i already bought the British DLC, so i suppose i don’t need to recieve a copy anymore. XD XD

It’s nice, the campaign is short but well done, new choppers, new tank, new cars, new weapons, soldiers really british (faces, voices), a new little semi urban scenario in the middle of the desert, 9 varied standalone single player mission and a few multiplayer missions. For 9 euros, it’s a good amount of content.

8. The Tupper says:

Will be there. Apologies in advance…

9. blargh says:

What aspect of the gui are you referring to?

• blargh says:

le sigh…so much for replying. that was @Bas

• Nullkigan says:

Hmm. GUI tip for everyone.

Don’t use the mouse buttons to select items. Use return/enter. This is of VITAL importance to medics! You don’t want to accidentally shoot your charge because the menu has just timed out.

• Alexander Norris says:

A better tip would be not to let the menu time out. :P

10. darkrei9n says:

What time is that in EST?

11. HexagonalBolts says:

No server here. I’ll keep watching this page.

12. Fringe says:

Arse Biscuits.

13. Web Cole says:

Sad face.

14. Jim Rossignol says:

Sorry. I will get it sorted out soon. I really want to play!

• darkrei9n says:

Could always just find a empty server and hijack it for a few hours.

• Nilokey says:

I’m good with hijacking.

• Jim Rossignol says:

We debated using a public server, but decided against it. Without admin rights to run the particular co-op mission that we want we think the experience will just be messy and limited. If we’re going to do this, I want to get it right. Arma II is challenging enough as it is, and we need to get the best out of it.

Of course if people want to find a server to play on this afternoon, then do so. That would be great. I still want to orchestrate a proper co-op session for us, however.

• darkrei9n says:

As long as there’s a majority of us on the server we could vote kick anyone before they even thought of doing something wrong, but I’ll send a email to the owner.

• Nullkigan says:

And ideas on the maps? The options by default are 6,10 or 18 player, with the exception of CTI. None of these are particularly awesome. The lack of arma2 base really restricts what some people can play.

A good custom map would be awesome.

15. Scott Kevill says:

Well, now that you’re all available, there’s always the event at 5pm BST. :)

16. Frantics says:

was all pumped and ready for this hooah. Ah well :( Was playing around with the game last week it’s pretty cool. I can move and shoot and yell stuff now sometimes! Like the editor thing. Playing as an A10 bombing the shit out of uk and nato troops while they engage insurgents is fun and you get flagged as an enemy so it’s not boring. Clicking cool sounding stuff on the map and making them fight is strangely fun.

Some of the british voices they have in that dlc are so funny. Especially anyone ranked.

17. EBass says:

So did this ever happen? I was on the RPS steam group earlier but no one seemed to be in Arma2

18. browna3 says:

Hi there, my name is browna3 and im an ArmA2 admin from tacticalgamer.com. I see your trying to hold an event but have had trouble with servers ETC,
    If you want, we could talk about the possibility of using one of our servers for a private event, we also have a vast library of custom made missions that we could use for an event like this

give us a shout if your interested :)

(you can also message me here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=24091 )

19. Sammfer says:

Awww sucks to hear! I was looking forward to this! I guess I’ll check out the Public gaming session event I’ve seen being advertised by the guys over at Operation Reality – http://operationreality.org