A Competition To Win Global Agenda Codes?

By Jim Rossignol on September 1st, 2010 at 1:37 pm.

UPDATE: Sorry, I forgot to close this. Consider it closed! Keys going out now.

Oh, what’s this then? I’ve got a few Steam codes for Global Agenda. They’ve arrived to celebrate and/or promote the retail launch of the game in the UK. Give them away, you say? To you guys? Well, I suppose I could. Oh, what the hell. Send an email over to this address (and keep the tagline “Globaliser, Globaliser” on there) with a reason why I should give you the code. Best reasons win codes. I’ll edit this post when they’re all gone.

I rather enjoyed my time with the colourful sci-fi shooter, although the big strategic game never managed to drag me in. It’s also changed a fair bit since launch, culling the subscription and introducing some open world bits. The most recent trailer for that open world bit is below.

, , .

Schaulustiger says:

Everyone willing to play this should get a code. Global Agenda seems to be dying a slow death according to those who still play it. They need an influx of fresh players to save it.

• Barrow says:

A large amount of that is older players getting bored and spreading ill word of the game. They actually hit their peak population a week or so ago since launch.

That said, in a game like Global Agenda, more players are always necessary to introduce more competition.

Schaulustiger says:

I honestly don’t think they hit their peak population with the new addon. The all-seeing Steam stats (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/) list a peak of 1,400 players. Granted, not everyone will play it via Steam, but given their license key system, a majority of people will.
      That said, those are pretty bad numbers.

• Tei says:

Is a great game …if you are into TF2-ske games. But probably all the people that want TF2 is already playing TF2.

2. Devenger says:

Hope whoever gets a code puts it to good use. I’ve only played the trial and tried Medic, Assault and Recon (briefly) characters; it’s always going to be an odd balancing act between being a shooter and being a persistent-advancement MMO, but from what I played of the 12v12 mode, it can be cracking good fun. I recommend the trial to anyone who thinks they might like this sort of thing – it will give you a good flavour of the basic game.

3. John B says:

Because I’m only on the verge of having carpal tunnel and all I need is this one more game to take me all the way!

4. Dyst says:

I totally forgot to mention my username on the e-mail. That kind of sucks.

It’s jimmybarrett(at)live(dot)co(dot)uk. Pathetic entry though.

5. Mike says:

When I think “I never win anything:(” I usually dont win anything. This time im going to try “I always win everything! So give me some more!”

• Frankie The Patrician[PF] says:

I know the feeling…I actually won Bioshock 2 in Gamersgate Facebook giveaway (the usual “First 5 gets the game” and I won…Pity I already own it on a dvd…I thought I write too late :)

6. Heliocentric says:

I’m a big old natural selection player so games where you can customise your playstyle but still allow for an action and are multiplayer are my breakfast lunch and dinner.. I don’t really know what to expect because i find that almost no one can express what i find critical about multiplayer action games in a way meaningful to me. Sure, i hear alarm bells when i hear “no dedicated servers” and the bigger the player cap the better. But things like how slippery slope, griefing (not just teamkilling), dynamic balancing (5 vs 5 isn’t always even), persistence of empowerment etc. All really important and never in a review.

7. Mac says:

I bought it for £8 when their 10% off code actually gave me £10 off – i’ve had my £8′s worth and more – actually a good fun game that you can dip in and out of give that they now have a F2P model.

8. Dyst says:

Just wondering, when is this competition over?

9. RKB says:

Its over when all the keys have been given away. Read…

10. IcyZephyr says:

I just sent in my entry. This game reminds me of Starsiege: Tribes — a game I have many fond memories of — so I’d love to give it a shot.

11. Toby says:

I really hope I get one. It has been updated but well.. so far it looks like I lost. :(
    Damn, really wanted this.