Battlefield 1943 Not Out In US

By Jim Rossignol on September 9th, 2010 at 9:54 am.

Error! EA say not. Oh well, at least we can expect it to cost $15.

ORIGINAL STORY: Our hawk-eyed chums over at Eurogamer have spotted that Battlefield 1943 has turned up on the US EA store for $15. (Actually, can we have confirmation of that, American readers?) No sign of it on the EU store at the time of writing, but presumably it’ll be a long in another year or so. Only joking, it’ll probably out.. uh… Look, a bee!

Anyway, the game has been pretty popular in console land, so perhaps it will find its audience here, too. I’ll pick it up and have a play as soon as I can get my doughy, sweaty, shivering hands on it.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Bornemannen says:

RPS progress goes ‘Boink’

2. Heliocentric says:

I can’t wait for more not news stories. Gears of war: Babies for the ds NOT announced. Richard Garriot and Dr Smart have NOT teamed up to fight crime.

I could do this all day.

3. Ricc says:

This must be some kind of secret cry for help. Maybe some people at DICE still want to see this happen.

4. apa says:

BC2 is better anyway.

5. Po0py says:

Why am I supposed to care about this? It’s over a year late and still there is confusion over the release. Meanwhile I have played and become bored, played again and again become bored with BFBC2 which, in all honesty, is a brilliant game. I just don’t see why I should be interested in this anymore. You need to treat a game with dignity and release it when the buzz is still high and they missed the mark on this by well over a year.

6. Heliocentric says:

Can’t bring myself to care about this walled garden when bf3 is coming. But, if bf3 doesn’t have proper indepentb and modable dedicated servers that can can go to hell as well. Who is the great hope of combined arms shooters these days?

• Davee says:

Red Orchestra: Ostfront and coming Heroes of Stalingrad is what I’m opting for. Sure, they lack naval and (usable) air-units, but so does BC2 compared to the original BF1942. And the tank combat in RO is priceless.
      My BF-fandomness has started to dwindle a bit in the later years, I’m not even sure I’ll be getting 1943 at all now :(

• Tei says:

* sound of tanks on the background * well.. It seems I have to pay Red Orchestra another visit.

• Heliocentric says:

I guess arma 2 is a good candidate. But i can’t stand playing it against AI and getting sniped by an enemy because i stumbled into its cone of vision when no real human would ever have seen me so fast. And games are too slow and brutal for player vs player combat.

Hopefully the arma 2 project reality will (ironically) make combat a little more punchy.

• DrGonzo says:

Well I really enjoyed 1943. One thing it has over BC2 is awesome aerial combat. And weapons that aren’t as effective at range.

As for BF3, well I’m sure it will be awesome. But it’s probably quite a long way away, whereas this is either coming out soon or going to be cancelled I imagine.

• TheFlyingWooly says:

Certainly looking forward to the next Red Orchestra.

It’s quite funny to look back about five years and see how naive I was about future games. With Joint Operations, BF2 and Planetside on the scene I was expecting some online shooty games around this time to have over a hundred players per server with fully destructible terrain, day/night cycles, random weather effects and vehicle driven chaos.

Oh dear :P

7. Dak says:

At this point, it is a $5-$10 Steam title in my opinion. Coming out a full year later, and with better games on the way or out already, I’ll pass.

8. Brulleks says:

“Only joking, it’ll probably out.. uh… Look, a bee!”

Ah no, it is in fact a missing ‘be’.

9. Bas says:

Why on Earth would you buy this if Bad Company 2 has been released and is a far better game?

10. A-Scale says:

So what the hell is the story here? You’ve made this into a frankenstein article that says nothing. Is it coming out? When? WRITE CLEARLY YOU LIMEY.

11. Lavitz says:

I am waiting for PC gaming Is dead because this game didnt sell like the Console Version. :) Just EPIC did with GOW and every developer that ports game a year To late.

12. B0GiE-uk- says:

EA and DICE can suck my balls, they have left PC gamers in the lurch. PC BF1943 went AWOL, PC BFBC2 is still a buggy mess and still does not support joysticks. And I am not holding out any hope for BF3 as it will also be on a console engine. More than likely PC gamers will be shafted by a later release on BF3 as well.

13. XM says:

BF1943 has been on EA store with a pre-order of £9.99 for over 6 months now.

Comment on this story