Finite: Incy-Bit Of Bioshock Infinite Gameplay

By Kieron Gillen on September 19th, 2010 at 10:14 am.

Just a quickie here. The full Bioshock Infinite gameplay footage video which I saw in August on the game’s unveiling is going live on 21st. However, they gave Gametrailer TV a few short snippets in their latest show. So you can watch that, or just go to the cut-for-youtube snippet Phill found below…

EDIT: Actually, Viacom have pulled it, as it’s a fragment of one of their current shows. Of course, if they actually provided an embeddable version which would link to the interesting bit of their show, far less people would be doing this. Hell, even the “chapter heading” which says it’s for Bioshock Infinite needs several minutes skipping until you get there.

Anyway – here’s another rip…

And a third if that goes.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. N says:

Looks… very scripted?

2. goatmonkey says:

Wow didn’t expect to actually be impressed, wonder how much control you actually have on the rail bit

• JohnnyMaverik says:

I’m guna guess probably not much seeing as you’re on rails… probably control over camera and whether or not you wanna let go, at most.

3. toni says:

so another trailer. bummer. this and deus ex impress with bad marketing in “how they present their material”, not that I think the games/gameplay/sims themselves sound particulary bad

• Xercies says:

Thats the thing though, to get enough money they have to advertise to the crowd that wouldn’t normally buy this kind of game like the MW2 crowd. So they choose a trailer to go for that crowd. Dragon Age did this I think. Of course if you do that many people will be dissapointed because the trailer kind of misadvertises the game

• BlooDeck says:

I loved the disconnect between the early advertising for DA:O (epic fantasy, incredibly nerdy, heavily rifting off the LotR films…) and the later advertising (Blood! Sex! Gore! More blood!).

For Bioshock Infinite… it well, err, I like to play games and not watch them play themselves. I’ll hold back judgement for now until I see more of it.

4. Mithrandir0x says:

Still, dystopic like environments with (I hope for) cleverly-done stories are always welcome.

Also the art style is pretty neat, hope they don’t reuse much of both last Bioshock assets.

5. starclaws says:

That’s what I thought lol But the first 2 were the same way… Just less noticeable.

6. Tei says:

The voice over that presents the video is very american-y. Is totally appropiate in a meta level to introduce a game about 1800 america :D

The game sequence, well.. even for us, gamers, is predictible but interesting. I wonder what differences will exist in this game against …say… bulletstorm.

7. teo says:

That looked completely uninteresting

8. Bowlby says:

I’m surprised at how good it looks despite being so far off. They’re really taking their time over this, which I’m hoping is a good thing.

9. SnakeLinkSonic says:

Yah—I totally want to ‘Big Daddy drill’ that narrator. It has to be intentional.

10. Navagon says:

Plenty of eye candy, but impossible to get any important info from that, such as gameplay. The stupidity of using such building materials for an aerial city still kinda grates, to be honest.

• Zenicetus says:

Well, maybe the building materials are all styrofoam, and it just looks like conventional materials?

They’re going pretty heavy on the bloom lighting; see the the screenshot at the top of the article, in particular. I hope there’s a user setting in the graphics menu for that. Also, was that a brief bit of bullet time when the guy gets knocked off the rail and hits a building? I hope this doesn’t have bullet time. I’m getting really tired of that effect. Otherwise, keeping an open mind here. I want to like this.

11. A-Scale says:

So you get hook hands that can catch onto elevated rail lines? Awesome.

Also, the guns look superb.

12. Seamus says:

I must admit, that looks significantly cooler than anything in the original BioShock.

13. DrGonzo says:

I’m not sure I understand the hype. It looks like a scripted on rails shooter with an irritating bit titted sidekick and an Indiana Jones style cliched hero.

• Dominic White says:

I’m… really not sure how you can read that from the 15-20 seconds of gameplay footage there mixed in with the teaser trailer.

14. CMP5 says:

Anyone else think of Ratchet and Clank with those tram lines?

15. Zwebbie says:

What is up with the bloom in this game? I wish bloom was never invented, no bloom is a closer approximation to real life than the absurd levels games use are. And then this particular game seems to be ten times as bad as the average one. It’s a shame, because I’m sure there are some nice assets buried underneath that overkill of reflected light.

• Theblazeuk says:

This.

Though in some games it fits as a more stylised representation in my book, even if its not strictly meant to. Is way over done a lot of the time though.

• Bungle says:

It looks totally realistic to me. Bald people always have huge shining balls of light radiating off their heads.

On a side note, I remember how nice the graphics looked for Bioshock 1 in their advertisements. The actual game looked nothing like the ads, even on the PC version with the graphics maxed. In fact, most advertisements for UE3 games look better than the actual games. I wonder if it’s a feature built into the engine.

• BAReFOOt says:

Why exactly would you want a game to be like real life? I thought we all learned by now, that the point of a game is, that it’s not real life. And that it’s fun instead.

But my thought about the bloom is, that’s it’s eyewash to make up for the bad graphics.

16. august says:

Wow. Do you watch a different, longer trailer than the rest of us? Or did you pass out from some cold medication and dream up all that characterization? I’m guessing the latter.

17. Patrick says:

Took one look at the amount of bloom in that screenshot and vomited all over my keyboard. Still cleaning it off with one hand as I type with the other.

18. Csauli says:

The video won’t play for me. It tells me “Viacom” has blocked it, due to copyright and all that shit.

• v.dog says:

Ditto. I don’t get how they can pull this sort of shit with something that clearly doesn’t belong to them.

• Thants says:

How are the game companies suppose to make money with people like this blatantly pirating an advertisement for a game!

• MycoRunner says:

So Viacom took it down, interesting. Does Viacom own Take Two? (Take Two owns 2K, Bioshock: Infinite’s publisher). A quick google search reveals that Viacom was thinking about it, but most of the articles are old and none mention that they ever got bought out. Also Wikipedia has not mention of Take Two under Viacom’s assets. So do they own them or not?

• Tei says:

I think that the Viacom vs Google has proven that no one knows what Viacon own or not, not even Viacom, or speciallly NOT Viacom.

19. Forceflow says:

Why exactly was this content blocked by Youtube?

20. sink257 says:

Ok, seriously, fuck Viacom.

21. Kieron Gillen says:

Viacom own Gametrailers who presumably blocked it as it’s a snippet of their show which they’d rather you watched on their website.

KG

• BAReFOOt says:

Well, we don’t. We’ll re-upload it till the end of all times. And there is nothing they can do about it. It’s…

Rule 1: The Internet always wins. No exceptions.

Comment on this story