Watch First 20 Minutes Of Super Meat Boy

By John Walker on October 5th, 2010 at 11:11 am.

I too love punching meat.

Super Meat Boy is due to reach the PC on the 20th November. (A month after the XBLA release, sadly.) Team Meat have gathered together (that’s Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes) (and not even together, it’s by robo-Skype) to present what must be the least professional commentary of the first twenty minutes of a game I’ve ever enjoyed. Not being able to see the same screen makes it especially fun. It’s below.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Snall says:

Is Adult Swim getting any scratch? Meatwad is patented!!

• Eclipse says:

Meatwad? You probably never played any of the Jumper serie! http://mattmakesgames.com/games.php
      :P (btw, I know that Ogmo is also in super meat boy as unlockable character, still, meatboy itself is a bit too similar to him)

• BAReFOOt says:

Don’t you mean trademarked or something? Patents are for inventions. Meadwad is not an invention.

• Snall says:

Who says trademarked? No one! Leave my jokes alone damn you. Also why the hell are the MoH Beta servers not responding…

• Snall says:

…also since he was made through SCIENCE…he IS an invention!

• SquareWheel says:

Team Meat and Matt Thorson are well aware of each other. Ogmo came first, but there is no bad blood between the two.

2. Dominic White says:

Ed Mcmillien is an awesome dude. Really looking forward to this game. I think I’m going to grab the 360 version, as that’s supposed to be getting some free DLC early on.

Deliciously dorky commentary. Nice that they really make no pretense at being professionals in the slightest.

• Delusibeta says:

Apparently, the PC (and Mac) version is getting a level editor after release, and *apparently* everything in Teh Internets (read: the 360-exclusive free DLC: now there’s a string of four words you don’t see together often) can be recreated in the level editor.

Incidentually, it’s looking likely that the only exclusive content the Wiiware version is getting is the honour of being 38Mb. Which is the maximum Nintendo allows.

3. the wiseass says:

Looks like Gearbox isn’t the only one to make awkward jokes.

• BAReFOOt says:

The “I didn’t go to college”, combined with pauses and stuttering when he answered, was especially bad.
      The wrong answer to it is: “OK, I’ll support your being a failure, by explaining it to you, and thereby reinforcing that that’s just OK”.
      The right answer is: “Well, tough shit. You should have gone to college then! Cry me a river.”

• The Walker says:

I dunno guys, I was giggling the entire time. The awkwardness made it hilarious.

4. pakoito says:

Much love poured in this game.

5. Peter Radiator Full Pig says:

It looks excellent. I hope it runs on netbook level laptops.
    Id buy it, and i dont buy many games.

• Delusibeta says:

Considering that it was initially announced for WiiWare as well as PCs and Macs, I would forecast that the minimum specs for this will be similar to World of Goo’s.

6. Simon says:

This does look like fun. I think I’ll investigate it when it comes out and possibly change my desktop background to Dr Foetus flipping you off.

7. The Pink Ninja says:

Looks great

Worry I may need to get a gamepad

(I have one, but I worry it sucks).

8. Armyofnone says:

I’ll be buying this day one when it reaches PC’s.

9. Aerozol says:

Haha I loved that commentary so much. Sold.

10. adonf says:

I suck at platformers so I won’t buy this game, but I’d like more videos of theses guys speaking of Megaman’s pubes. Please.