Coffin Up: Trapped Dead

By Jim Rossignol on October 12th, 2010 at 2:56 pm.

A tactical zombie game might usually slide past my twitchy reptilian attention, but this one is called TRAPPED DEAD, which I am not sure makes any sense, and it also boasts that locations that include “the church, cementary and crematory.” Hmm! I probably shouldn’t make fun of the language wobbles, because I can only just about ask my way to the train station in German. A “making of” piece of the game, entirely in German, but with a snippet of game footage, can be found below. And the full website has a smattering of details over here.

No release date on this yet, and it looks kind of interesting! Although not quite as ambitious looking as Dead State’s full-on survival RPG, it could provide some tactical amusements. (Possibly a Freedom Force vibe to it?)

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Snall says:

Sounds to linear to me from what I remember reading. Dead State looking forward too though.

Oozo says:

“Kim Lange stöhnt die Rolle der Krankenschwester.” (“Kim Lange moans the nurse’s role.”) Stay classy, German journalism! Apart from that, the focus is on the community structure of the “Games Factory” in Mühlheim – with the apparent idea of showing an audience of outsiders “how a game is made”. So, not much information about the actual game… which, frankly, does not look that exciting (yet).

3. Ian says:

Spieleentwickler is my new favourite word.

• Ian says:

Actually, no, sorry, I’m now all about the Geschäftsführer Crenetic.

• viper34j says:

We’ve all had dreams of becoming Spieleentwicklers at one time or another.

• Ian says:

I may move to the country and raise free-range, organic spieleentwicklers. They could call me geschäftsführer.

It’d be totally crenetic, I suspect.

4. Lucky Main Street says:

Looks a little like the earlier S.W.A.T. games, which always had a lot of promise but were dragged down by bad AI and clunky controls. This could be really cool! Like the idea.

5. wm says:

“I probably shouldn’t make fun of the language wobbles”

Yes, you should. I German-English dictionary is *not* hard to come by. Proof reading is part of being professional. Yes, in computer game making too.

• Cat says:

“I German-English” ?

Jus’ sayin’

• wm says:

Proof reading, she is my downfall.

• Starky says:

It’s clearly the Roman numeral I, one German-English dictionary.

• Cpt. Sqweky says:

As a professional translator, I can tell you that not finding a bilingual dictionary is not the problem. In this case, the problem is that they probably used a dictionary and nothing else.

6. Monkeybreadman says:

Rob the illustrator…..with his hair…… and his mono-glove. He’s cool

• RogB says:

kept reminding me of the ‘hair product’ scene from Theres something about mary..

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

I wondered about the glove at first, but I guess it’s just to avoid smudging the screen of his Cintiq instead of a fashion statement.

• Starky says:

As someone who does a lot of technical drawing I do the same thing – a glove on one hand (my right drawing hand) to prevent unwanted smudging. Not with tablets though, but with pencil/ink drawings. As I tend to rest my wrist little finger (and the bit of hand below it) on the surface.

Just a cheap cloth fingerless glove does the trick.

7. edosan says:

RTS? Hmmm, somewhat interested. If someone made a game like this buy turn-based like the Jagged Alliance games, I’d be all over it.

8. PatriotMan says:

I’m fairly postive, albeit by looks of the graphics and gui, that this is using the 7.62 game engine, a spin off of Brigade E5: New Jagged Union, which is a spin off of Jagged Alliance… any thoughts?

I happen to love Brigade E5, provides an excellent tactical game with some interesting features and a huge amount of guns. If this game uses a lot of the same tactical elements, I’ll be all over it.

9. nuh uh no way says:

woah, what’s up zombie nurse. how you doin’?

10. NicoPonk says:

Isn’t that just some Escape From Zombie Hotel clone ?
    Might just be a good thing though :)

• NicoPonk says:

Just sayin’, just is just a cool word. Don’t just you think ?

11. Alexander Norris says:

This serves only to remind us that Dead State isn’t out yet and probably won’t live up to our expectations. Thanks a lot, Jom Rissignol.

12. Headup Games says:

Nope, this is actually the Trinigy Engine

13. luckystriker says:

Try googling ‘cementary’. You’ll be surprised…

14. Shadowcat says:

That’s where the Mafia bury their enemies, right?

15. Nethlem says:

A zombie game made in germany… i don’t really know what to think of that…
    Consider this: L4D is censored in germany, Dead Rising is BANNED in germany, remember carmageddon? how the UK version had zombies instead humans? The german version had robots instead of zombies….

Sure gore isn’t everything, but to me gore is part of an zombie movie/game. I don’t see that happening with this game, germany is an horrible location to make any action based video games because of the public and political prejudice against action video games or any video games without an educational purpose.

• Araxiel says:

Dead Rising is not banned. There is not such a thing as a banned video game in Germany. It’s being put on the ‘index’ which means you’re not allowed to sell it and you’re not allowed to advertise it. You can buy it on amazon.uk and import it for example.
      And the public doesn’t really care about video games. It’s during election and after a disaster that the conservative party(/ies) use Fox-like channels to recieve some votes.

And this game doesn’t seem to have a lack of gore. Geschäftsführer Crenetic indeed.

16. Sam says:

Hiya! There’s a very pretty trailer available..take a look here: http://www.trappeddead.com/EN/videos.html :)

17. MadeOfWaaagggghhh says:

Seems to be about running away strategically, not about slaughtering zombies with joy, dismemberment and gore.

Not my kind of zombie. I much prefer the Zombieland type of Zombie fun.

18. afriendlycow says:

Enter a chance to win for free until 10/30/2013 6pm pst!