TaliBAM: Medal Of Honor Launch Trailer

By Quintin Smith on October 12th, 2010 at 9:41 am.

I fired a real gun once but it was dreadfully loud.

Oh snap. Us Europeans might be getting Gothic 4 first, but the Americans get Medal of Honor first. It’s out today in North America, Thursday in mainland Europe and Australia, and Friday in the UK. I wonder if this news is also upsetting to that one Mexican reader, and will cause him to throw his huevos rancheros out of the window in a rage. Maybe I’m being unfair to him. Maybe he’s quite restrained.

Wot John Thinks of Medal of Honor will be hitting this very site when the review embargo lifts at 2pm, GMT. Until then, feast your eyes and whatever gland it is that produces testosterone on the launch trailer below.

, , .

1. Yargh says:

mmm, Huevos Rancheros, breakfast fit for kings.

2. MacBeth says:

Technically Mexico is part of North America… by many or indeed most definitions anyway… perhaps not to EA (or indeed to RPS)

Oh and testosterone is primarily produced in the testes, funnily enough…

Wait, are we supposed to be talking about some game or other?

3. earsauce says:

I’ll pass on this one.

4. Rich says:

It’s still looking better than CoD: BO, in this reader’s opinion.
    Also, what’s with these damn review embargoes?

• Freud says:

Information is the enemy of impulse purchases.

• poop says:

this turd looks less disgusting than this other, identical turd

• Rich says:

Hmm… It does sound suspicious doesn’t it. I can understand not being allowed to review the multi-player until there are actually a few people playing it, but the single-player campaign isn’t going to change. Also, if my PC were up to the task, I know I’d be more inclined* to risk a day one purchase if some reviewers have tried it out for me.

*Note that ‘more inclined’ compared to ‘not at all inclined’ doesn’t mean much.

• Man Raised By Puffins says:

When I saw a compressed version of this trailer as an ad (sans EA splash obv.) I actually thought it was CoD:BlOps until beardy man strode into the scene. Which says it all really.

5. bleeters says:

Medal of Honour.

Medal of Honour.

Damn yanks and their removal of superfluous U’s we jam into our words.

• chokoladenudlen says:

Indeed. I am not British, but I am also in favour of the U’s, as they IMO add some extra colour to the text. :)

6. Gap Gen says:

At 1:00 – GUN THAT FIRES A-10S. WANT.

• stahlwerk says:

what? a gun that fires airplanes? Want indeed! :-D

However, that farting noise at 0:56 was not produced by a warthog, but a spectre gunship. If you pause the trailer you can see the 2 prop engine nacelles on the wing.

• Rich says:

I want a gun that fires air planes that fires guns

7. StingingVelvet says:

I had this pre-ordered on amazon and forgot about it, so now it’s coming whether I like it or not. My wife will be pissy, as I told her no more games until Fallout NV after Civ5 came out. Oh well.

The multiplayer in beta one was ass, but I want the singleplayer anyway.

8. neofit says:

There was a free beta on Steam. You can head to their forums for information that does not fall under any embargo. Or not, if you want to buy the game :).

In short, from memory: generic short-range runner-shooter like BFBC2, half a clip to the head for the guy to feel hurt, choke point based small maps. Arma2 it is not, so purchased it was not.

9. Item! says:

Is there any reason to pay attention to the new MoH if I already own MW, MW2 and the excellent (in multiplayer at least) Band Company 2?

• Item! says:

Hm – small speeling error leads to intriguing new cross-over concept: gritty, FPS music/rhythm games.

:-/

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

It gave me a chuckle, at any rate.

10. VonFIDDE says:

I kinda hope it goes well for em, there gotta be more good shootergames out there :). Got both CodMW2 and BFBC2… I guess my pick is MW2 beacuse of the speed and feel, it runs so freaking smooth. However BC2 got way better sound and i do love the big maps.

So i really do hope that this game got the speed and smoothness of MW2, but have the sound and big maps from BC2 :O.

But i wont buy it… at the moment atleast perhaps later when its on sale or something or if it gets very good reviews.

11. Demon Beaver says:

Oof… it slightly depresses seeing this on the top sales on Steam… well, waiting for the WIT.

• Demon Beaver says:

Thinking about it, I conclude that sometimes the best thing a game does is inspire a good RPS Wot I Think…

12. Wayward says:

I thought the multiplayer beta was pish. Take BFBC2, take away the destructible environments, retain the questionable hitscan that sees you hit by bullets even after you’ve moved into cover, take away vehicles, further homogenize the classes, make it even more beige…

Admittedly I only gave it about 30 minutes, but I couldn’t see the point in it when BFBC2 is on the market.

• Man Raised By Puffins says:

Yes, I got a similar impression. It sits in an odd space between the Frostbite Battlefields and Modern Warfare, with the odd hit detection and hangs of the former but none of the ‘splodey fun and vehicular compensations (bar some Bradley trundling).

13. jti says:

People are saying they played through the campaign in 4 hours in hard difficulty, so I can understand why they don’t want this to be reviewed too early. Who pays full price for 4 hours of single player?

AndrewC says:

In the race to boast about things on the Internet, people are likely to do and say very stupid things.

Also the game has multiplayer.

• StingingVelvet says:

Most times when people say 4 it means 8.

Except for Kane and Lynch 2, that was actually 4 hours.

14. PureUncut says:

It’s the adrenal gland. My second favourite gland.

• Brumisator says:

Failboy. Testosterone, not adrenalin!

It’s the testicles’s interstitial tissue that makes testosterone.
      I thought everyone knew that testosterone comes from the balls.

15. Optimaximal says:

Eurogamer have already released their review… EMBARGOES BE DAMNED!

16. Navagon says:

So this isn’t Black Ops? Which one’s Black Ops then? *looks at Black Ops* And this isn’t it?

17. mavvvy says:

So is this an expansion for Counterstrike?

18. BALHAZER says:

MEXICO LOCATION IS IN AMERICA, AND INDEED THE COUNTRY IS PART OF NORTH AMERICA AS WELL OF CENTRAL AMERICA (IT’S QUITE BIG)!

Usually USA dont give a damm about geography and state America, as a whole IS USA.