Demo: Letters From Nowhere

By John Walker on October 15th, 2010 at 10:58 pm.

Can you find the lobster at home, children?

If we posted every time there was a new hidden object demo, we’d become Rock, Paper, Hidden Object Demo. Although by that logic we’re a website exclusively about shotguns, which probably isn’t the case. However, I really liked the name of this one, so it gets a link, despite being identical to all the others. It’s called Letters From Nowhere. Which makes me want to start an organisation which arranges for people to write letters to complete strangers. That would be amazing. This game – it’s ordinary. It’s a mix of objects hidden where they should be, and those disguised against the background. And of course there’s all the torn up pieces of paper and barmy attempts at a narrative as you’d expect. My husband’s gone missing! I’d best search the street outside for a dragonfly, baseball bat and lobster.

(Alternative joke for this post: “Dear Mrs Trellis, I’m writing to you to ask you to stop parking on my lawn. Yours sincerely, Mr Simon Nowhere.”)

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Eamo says:

Well, to be exact were that the case this would be a site about Paper Shotgun’s since the site logo in the top left lacks a comma.

• devlocke says:

I am extremely amused by your errant apostrophe.

• Eamo says:

Well then you will fall out of your chair when you realise it is actually a missing quotation mark before the P.

• Inglourious Badger says:

@ Eamo

Surely by that logic the site is about ‘Paper Shotgun PC gaming since 1983′?

And the errant apostrophe in Shotgun’s is in fact the very comma you were missing after Paper! It just fell through the floor onto the end of shotgun.

Or something

Good night

• BAReFOOt says:

Except it’s not a quotation character, but a generic replacement character for those puny keyboard layouts that don’t have a real one. ^^
      Here’s a comparison:
      Replacements: “” ” – - – …
      Proper ones: “” ‘’ – − — …

Here in Germany we just have a higher standard in grammar Naziism. For obvious reasons. ;))
      And yes, I have all those on my keyboard. Plus the German ones.

2. Ricc says:

If you had the web-magic to turn small squares of the post’s image into tiny clickable links, I’d totally read RPHOD! “Can you find the link to this demo?”

3. Drug Crazed Dropkick says:

“Dear Mr Sainsury,

Please can you pass on this message to your shop clerks:

NO I DON’T HAVE A BLOODY NECTAR CARD

Sincerly,
    Mrs Trellis of North Wales”

I believe that ISIHAC quotes are needed.

• Stu says:

“I’ve just received this note from Samantha to say she’s been delayed meeting a gentleman beekeeper friend near Warrington. Samantha’s just started keeping bees herself and has three dozen or so, and she says her friend’s an expert handler. Apparently he carefully takes out her 38 bees, and soon has them flying around his head.”

• Harlander says:

Ahhh, this is why I love RPS :D

• cliffski says:

Ahhh, its posts like this that make me proud to be British.

• MrThingy says:

Who will ever forget the show’s, now famous, commonwealth tour, when Lionel Blair jumped up and displayed his Passage To India for the full two minutes!

• Stu says:

“Possibly the most versatile performer was Lionel Blair, and no one will ever forget the occasion he was given A Town Like Alice, when he chose to do a silent impression of the author. Such was the performance, Una Stubbs gasped in amazement when she saw Neville Shute in Lionel’s face.”

• Rinox says:

I have no idea what all this meant. :-/

4. Dances to Podcasts says:

“Which makes me want to start an organisation which arranges for people to write letters to complete strangers.”

Alternatively, an anti-facebook where you can only interact with total strangers.

5. Ed says:

I was wondering if people would get that reference. I’m glad to see that the listernship of ISIHAC crosses over with the readership of RPS :)

6. noobnob says:

Where’s the lobster?

7. DMJ says:

Hidden object games?
    Monkey Island with no laughs.
    What a waste of time.

8. bill says:

I think the point of this post has gone over my head. Does the new professional *cough* RPS have a daily post quota that someone is behind on?

9. the wiseass says:

Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute, this Website is not about shotguns? What’s next, you’re telling me you’re not all members of the NRA?

10. lazarus says:

More news from nowhere.

11. Passerby says:

But what an enormous and encyclopaedic brain

Comment on this story