Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga Dated, Shot

By John Walker on October 21st, 2010 at 4:30 pm.

It does seem improved.

Earlier this month Jim posted about the re-release of Divinity II, with overhauled graphics, and a whole new campaign called Flames of Vengeance. The pack, titled Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga now has a release date, and some shiny new screenshots. It’s out at the beginning of November, in two weeks time. Which is either the 4th or the 5th – for some reason they’re being ambiguous. Take a look below to see if it will tempt you. It didn’t tempt us at the beginning of this year, but there’s a lot that’s new this time around.

The new shots do look rather remarkable. The concern is that the game will remain as much of a grind. Still, feast your eyes on these, and click your mouse buttons on them for hugeousness.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Gundrea says:

I gotta say that’s a nice ass.

I hope I never have a career in politics and have this comment used against me.

2. lu says:

just say ”I experimented with ass a time or two, and I didn’t like it. I didn’t inhale and never tried it again.”

worked for bill Bill Clinton ,

3. Steve says:

Divinity was always one of those games that looked pretty good, but I didn’t really want to play it. Divinity II seems the same, but in higher definition! Story of modern life, eh?

Oh, and John, how do you feel that the Phillies are going to lose the NLCS? :)

• John Walker says:

Well, Halliday will beat Lincecum tonight – that’s only fair. And then it’s just a case of winning two games at home!

It’s not so much their losing the NLCS that bothers me. It’s losing it against the *Giants*. It’s like being beaten by the Pirates.

At least the Rangers are going to beat the Yankess, though. We can all taken solace in that.

4. Latro says:

Overhauled graphics cant revive a hollow, repetitive, boring long journey of a bad game. This was very, very, very uninspiring then, I would think they would not waste more work on it.

5. Wolfox says:

In Sean Connery voice: “buns of steel”.

On a somewhat related note, Divinity 2 is the loyalty offer this weekend on Gamersgate. 50-75% off, IIRC. Should I get it for that price?

6. clive dunn says:

mmm, dappled light falling on proud buttocks….

7. BobsLawnService says:

I actually really enjoyed the first third or so of Divinity 2 up until they gave me the power to turn into a dragon. From there the game became a festering blight. They allow you to become a dragon and then the very next zone suddenly sprouts no-fly zones over 90% of the map. Then they don’t allow you to attack ground based enemies in dragon form by suddenly removing them from the map. Then the bugs kick in and when you go from dragon form back into ground form they don’t respawn.

Then you quit.

8. Temple to Tei says:

Are they armoured butt-ocks?
    They do seem very…
    Why are we talking about buttocks so much?

9. Mr Wonderstuff says:

Enjoyed the original incarnation of this. Not groundbreaking but fun.

*waits for Latro to post something about him not liking the game for a nth time”.

10. hamster says:

The expansion supposedly overhauls alot of stuff including the fundamentals such as mechanics, balance, etc. NOTE: confusingly, there are two versions of the game on offer. One of them is the expansion by itself, which requires the original game to play and the second is the original game + expansion integrated. NOTE however that the second package is MORE COMPLETE than the first one. This is because the devs wanted to keep the saves from the original game compatible even with the expansion installed afterwards. This means you do not get stuff like better eye candy and some of the more bigger changes. So what if you want to start a new game? Unfortunately, the extra stuff from the COMPLETE version isn’t in the expansion-only version. The extra stuff may or may not be made available for download for free in the future but even if it is, expect gigs of data to download.

TLDR: DO NOT buy divinity 2 (by itself) from gamersgate now or you will kick yourself. Buy the COMPLETE package when it becomes available.

11. LintMan says:

I narrowly passed on it first time around, but now I’m tempted. Any chance you fine fellows at RPS will take take a look and provide your thoughts on this revised version?

12. Shaun Maguire says:

I wonder if I could bum this off of anyone. I just don’t want to look like an arse.

13. Ted says:

I loved the original and have played it through often, as recently as earlier this year, but I gave up on this one pretty quickly after the tutorial combat sections in the demo. Just god awful, terrible combat mechanics. With this and the atrocious Beyond Divinity, it seems like the original Divine Divinity is going to be a real outlier for these guys.

14. Alistair says:

This was pretty good, with a sense of humour and some of original elements – the pet, dragon form, and battle tower. Flames of Vengeance reviewed better than the first part on Euro sites I think.

15. warth0g says:

Having been seduced by Arcania Gothic 4′s screenshot loveliness then hugely let down by the gameplay in the demo, I’m suspicious of this..

16. Cooper says:

That man in the third screenshot has an incredibly nice arse. Even through all that leather armour. Impressive.

17. Navagon says:

Is there some kind of discount version for people who bought the first one? Something like the Loyalty version of Stalker Pripyat would make rebuying that bit more tempting. It’s just that I recently bought a brand new copy of this for the whopping great price of £5.70!

18. hamster says:

Guys PLEASE read my post above to avoid getting SHAFTED.
    TLDR: DO NOT buy divinity 2 (by itself) now or you will kick yourself. Buy the COMPLETE package when it becomes available.

Comment on this story