Snakes And Ladders: Corporate Climber

By Quintin Smith on October 22nd, 2010 at 11:29 am.

That's how I dress when I go out, you know. Except the suitcase says RPS.

It’s Friday. You’ve had a long week at the office. The boss did that thing with his mouth and his fingers again this morning, the thing you hate. So why not relax with cathartic browser game Corporate Climber? It’s a bit great. You’re tasked with climbing a tall office block, and each new floor you reach means a promotion and a new challenge. Wonderful payoff of an ending, too.

Oh, wait- you’re in an office. Of course, there aren’t any games allowed in the office. Whoops! How silly of me. Back to work with you. Well, the rest of you should have a play.

, , .

stahlwerk says:

This is great fun, thanks! A friday coffee break well wasted! :-) The arbitrary objectives reminds me a bit of ye olde Alley Cat, which is a good thing.

2. mlaskus says:

Fun game, I loved the ending.

• BAReFOOt says:

By the way: How do you kill the end boss? There’s no key or anything to throw those stones.

• mlaskus says:

SPOILER

Just jump over him, your character will automagically drop them on his head.

3. Da5id Jaz says:

GARTH MARENGHI!!!!!
    Oh Britain why is your comedy so superior to our dour American fart jokes and Carells

AndrewC says:

Because you don’t watch Community?

• Quintin Smith says:

OH MY GOD I totally didn’t realise IT Guy was Garth Marenghi. British comedy is so inbred.

• karry says:

“Oh Britain why is your comedy so superior to our dour American fart jokes”

It was, but for the last 15 years its either exactly the same, or WORSE. Now its all sex and shit and faggotry.

• plugmonkey says:

It makes me sad that all people seem to remember from The Office is Ricky Gervais’ clowning rather than the other brilliant characters. Yes, the silly dance was mildly amusing, but nowhere close to “He’s put my stapler inside a jelly again.”

I used to work in an office with someone EXACTLY like Matt Holness’ character in that clip. It’s uncanny.

4. Eslut says:

Yes I am in an office you bastard. I will have to wait until I get home to give this a go. I am however much more excited about Super Crate Box, and I hope we hear more about it later today!

5. Ian says:

I’m in an office but played it anyway.

Some bits were fun, some bits were about as much fun as DIY urethra surgery.

6. JonFitt says:

Bah, went left instead of right at the end. Is it worth going through again to go right?

• BAReFOOt says:

The second time you will be trough pretty quickly. But down in hell it’s hard. Also, the end-boss is unkillable, as there is an inventory, you can take things by running over them… but there is no key to throw or use them.

• Wilson says:

Spoilers!
      @BAReFOOt – Actually you can kill the end boss. When you pick up the rocks, just jump above Satan’s head (e.g. between the two top platforms). Arrows appear to show you where to go. Maybe they don’t appear if you have the in game hints/help turned on. I didn’t know there was an inventory :)

7. Noviz says:

Reminds me of an old Dilbert game lol

8. A-Scale says:

Can’t figure out how to beat the furnace level.

• plugmonkey says:

Stand on the coal scuttle and jump over the open furnace mouth. I got stuck on that too.

9. Hmm-Hmm. says:

That very last area.. agh! Maybe I’m just not good at platformers, but that one drove me crazy, especially after I found it could be done.

10. Zogtee says:

Iron out the rough bits and focus on the fun bits, and this can be a contender.

11. TCM says:

So, there’s a darkened level that I can’t figure out how to access.

12. Baf says:

Come back after winning the game once and it’ll be open.

13. jon_hill987 says:

The graphics make me think of the IT Crowd opening titles.

14. Thomas Sabo says:

Thomas Sabo ist auch beliebt für seinen Charme Sammlung, dh Charme Armbinder. Lassen Sie mich mit

Ihnen über das Besondere an Thomas Sabo Ohrringe. Was ist so auiergewihnlich und

ungewihnlich, wenn es um thomas sabo charms Bettelarmbinder kommt ist, dass Sie

eine Option zu wihlen, und Thomas Sabo Ketten wihlen Sie ihre Reize auf das

Armband Ihrer Wahl angebracht werden müssen.