No Euphemism: The UnderGarden Demo

By Jim Rossignol on November 11th, 2010 at 8:56 am.

Lovely ambient underwater explore ‘em up The Undergarden has a demo out, and you get can it here. It’s time limited to thirty minutes, so I suppose you have one chance to speed run the entire game. (The full thing is just $10.) It’s looking really lovely, incidentally, as I noted when I watched John playing the full game yesterday. We should have some thoughts on that for you very soon. In the meantime, why not try it out for yourself?

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Lewie Procter says:

I played it on the console toy yesterday.

It was tooooo sloooow for my liking, but certainly had lots of pretties.

2. frags says:

Looks like Aquaria. Might give it a try later.

3. mcwizardry says:

It looks like the demo won’t install on Windows 7 64-bit. Played it on the console yesterday and it’s a pretty interesting concept.

4. wm says:

If by “you can get it here” you mean “can’t if using Firefox” then you are correct.

• Recomposer says:

Actually, you can dowload it using Firefox. In a brilliant piece of web design you don’t click the huge button that says ‘Download Demo Now’, you click the little Atari logo underneath! Impressive.

• wm says:

I so love Atari.

5. rei says:

Are the animations any smoother than in the trailer they released earlier in the fall? That’s sort of important in a game that mostly seems to go for a visual experience. 64bit Win 7 here so apparently I can’t try for myself.

6. TheBlackBandit says:

Wait – it’s underwater? I thought the little dude could just fly.

7. Pony Canyon says:

Is that… a teletubbie?

8. truths33ker says:

I’m running Win7 64-bit and the demo installed just fine. Disappointed to see the full thing’s not up on PSN, yet, tho. My daughter’s gonna flip when she sees it

9. superspeck says:

I’d like to watch the trailer, because my girlfriend might enjoy this game, but I can’t turn the page’s soundtrack off using safari, and the video (with no link to youtube or anywhere else) plays choppily because of the shitty little snowflakes or whatever in the background on the webpage.

The web page designer should be hauled out back and beaten with copies of a Netscape 2.0 manual.

10. Kevbo says:

I get an Aquaria vibe which would be amazing since I absolutely loved that game. I should check out the demo but I have so little time to game anymore and so many games on back log. Geez I feel ashamed that I am complaining about that…

• MarkSide says:

Yeah, it’s like a re-purposed Aquaria, on a less daunting scale and more focussed on puzzles. It has a similar underwater-chill vibe and some of the mechanics are very similar.

11. Poo Bear says:

Works fine on Win7 64bit for me – might be worth updating your drivers :)

Aquaria definitely springs to mind. Not sure about the puzzles, but just floating around bringing all the gorgeous plants to life is good chill out fun. 15min demo is a bit harsh.

12. Scilantius says:

Hmm, this crashes 1/4 through the loading screen for me on Win7 x64,…

Directx, c++ 2008 SP1 and gpu drivers up to date.

Anyone have any ideas?

• LoTekK says:

Same deal here. Win7/64, drivers are up to date. CTDs at the initial loading screen.

Bit upsetting, I’d just grabbed it to play with my girlfriend, and to not even be able to get past a load screen is kinda shit.