Incredible: Bioware Reveal Man With Gun

By Jim Rossignol on November 17th, 2010 at 1:49 pm.

Holy fucking shit.
They said it couldn’t be done, but Bioware did it anyway. Their next – as yet unrevealed – game will feature a man with a gun. We at Rock, Paper, Shotgun have often said that more games should feature a) men, or b) guns, but to combine the two in a single videogame product is something we had hardly dared to dream of.

I can scarcely contain myself for the full announcement of what this teaser image is implying about the future of videogames. I’m crying here. Crying.

Teaser below. Update: also an ode to men with guns. Thanks, internet.

Also this:

, .

1. Clovis says:

It looks like they gave Michael Rooker a gun.

Actually, I think he comes with a gun when you hire him.

EDIT: Pff, the first time I try an href tag under the new comment system and I have to get it right. Now I’ll never have a legitimate reason to use the edit function.

2. Navagon says:

Men of Guns: Guns of War

3. pilouuuu says:

Maybe it is a Mass Effect prequel showing Shephard’s great grand daddy. Or Baldur’s Gate 3 which is set in modern times and with guns!

4. Alex Bakke says:

Thinternet.

Comment too short? Bwah?

5. DrugCrazed says:

Its ME guys. Come on. I may have been wrong about the heavy in Poker Night, but I’m right here.

6. Shadram says:

It says “Look closer” right at the end. I tried stepping through, but YouTube makes that really difficult. I’m sure I saw some odd text flash up during the bit where the Spike logo rolls across the screen, but it was obscured and blurry and I couldn’t really read it. Can’t get the vid to stop in the same place again now, though. There’s also an image of some sort before the “Look closer”, all yellowy and over-exposed, and I couldn’t work out what it’s supposed to be.

Or maybe I’m just imagining things while grasping at straws.

7. Lambchops says:

It’s a gun with a man – what will they think of next.

8. Pantsman says:

I love how the teaser emphasizes Mass Effect 2, the action game highly successful on all platforms, and Dragon Age 2, the unreleased, “consolized” sequel to their RPG highly successful on PC – as opposed to DA: Origins. Seems they just want everyone to forget about that.

Of course, this is probably just me being massively paranoid. BUT STILL.

• mlaskus says:

…or they prefer to mention their newer game because if someone wanted to buy Origins he or she probably did it already.

9. Tacroy says:

I’m calling it right now.
    Mass Age: Dragon Effect.

You heard it here first, people.

10. ChosenOne54 says:

Oh my GOD. A man with a gun!

GOTY.

11. Oshada says:

It’s slightly disturbing that they say ‘creators of Mass Effect and Dragon Age’ and then show Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age II. This is surely a shift away from the traditional Bioware RPG to this wild new ‘men with guns’ genre!

12. FRIENDLYUNIT says:

LOL nice try. I call faked.

13. Pattom says:

Uh, well. Hmmm. A few people have picked up on the similarities to Mass Effect, and apparently that’s a very good guess. Kotaku is saying that this is a spin-off of Mass Effect that is only multiplayer: http://kotaku.com/5692552/rumor-biowares-new-mass-effect-is-a-multiplayer-spin+off

• pilou says:

@pattom

Noooo, no multiplayer! Why?!? First The Old Republic and now this? I’m sorry, but I hope you’re wrong.

14. digital says:

spy products, self defense products, gsm baton, spy pepper spray, spy

gsm phonestun gun, Stun Baton baton, gsm bug for http://www.one-stop-digital.com

15. penisman says: