New: Bus Simulator!

By Jim Rossignol on November 17th, 2010 at 1:33 pm.

Oh, I know! A new bus simulator game has been announced by Aerosoft. It will be published in “early 2011″ for the bargain price of €29.99 You need to look at the screenshots here. Also, it uses TrackIR head tracking, if you have that fancy stuff: “TrackIR by NaturalPoint now offers the complete freedom of movement in the OMSI cockpit too and intuitively helps checking the mirrors, operating the dashboard switches and reading the instruments.”

Imagine that.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Rich says:

For full immersion, be sure not to wash for about a week to get that bus driver BO, and adopt an attitude of sheer disgust towards anyone who dares ask you a question or gives you anything but exact change.

• Matt says:

I don’t know about you, but most of the times I’ve had the misfortune of riding the bus, passengers were usually the ones with questionable hygiene practices.

• trjp says:

Perhaps they’ll do an Internet Comment Simulator where people with minimal imagination who are fond of nasty stereotypes will be able to expel shit and wind without the rest of us having to read it?

• DiamondDog says:

Also, make sure you accelerate away from the stop just as your passengers are about sit down. Or break really hard just as someone is between hand holds.

stahlwerk says:

Then there will be the Zürich DLC, where you actually need to be friendly to your passengers. Can you face the madness of swiss traffic while keeping a smile on your face?

• Rich says:

Pulling out in front of cyclists unlocks an achievement.

• Heliocentric says:

Track ir will deduct points if you frown.

• Xercies says:

And maybe they’ll be hot young girls that want to have there way with you…wait thats not real life but that film i watched last night…

2. kaljtgg says:

Did Penn and Teller make a new game?

3. MuscleHorse says:

I’m holding out on Bus Simulator 2011 Game of the Year Edition.

4. Teronfel says:

At last cockpit view

5. Kefren says:

Beats being a Man With A Gun.
    (Though that may be an expansion pack).

6. Novotny says:

I just adore the fact this has Track IR support. We can only hope it works with Devicelink too. If some soul were to build his own cockpit for this and post pictures on the internet I would simply top myself there and then – nothing I’d ever experience could better it

7. Gabe Kotick says:

Any chance this game will get an item store?

8. Danny says:

Oh God No!

I had the misfortune of having to review one of these bus driving games. They’re just awful. Especially when the game glitches, people get trapped in doors, and therefore get counted as being run over.

I hoped there was a bomb on my bus.

• MuscleHorse says:

Do poorly dressed youthes come onboard, demanding a free journey because their friend lost his wallet?

• Oak says:

I trust it was not Bus Driver, the most charming of all public transit simulators.

• Danny says:

It was indeed bus driver. I apologise to all the good people involved with Bus Simulator.

Wait, there’s a competing market for this genre?

• patricij says:

I loved Bus Driver and hadn’t noticed any significant bugs. I played it with an analog joystick which is perfect for smooth driving required by the game (alas, the joystick uses the obsolete gameport, so I can’t enjoy it that way no more…I was mildly successful with a gamepad – one stick for steering and the other one for gas/break). There was something satisfying about getting a perfect mile point bonus – 1 mile without any colliosions, distressed passengers and breaking any road rules. It’s the perfect opposite of frenetic shooters – I just fired up the WinAmp with some enjoyable music and kept driving the bus for several hours…. The later levels set in the mountains were pretty great, too

9. Arnulf says:

I couldn’t believe it! Spandau! The northwestern district of Berlin. Complete with town hall.
    Those busses are not in use anymore, they were replaced with newer models. But I remember them, now and then I was using our local public transport (BVG), still am.

These games need an interface with Google earth…

10. Stranglove says:

So… RPS battlebus?

11. alh_p says:

Mental. And so amazing that a living can be made from this kind of game. I understand the escapism and adventure of things like face shooting, never mind flight and sub simulators, but BUS driving? It’s not like it’s a tough profession to get into, requiring rare talents or a high degree of…anything…lets be fair. I’d be fascinated, in a “lets understand this freak of nature” kind of way to meet and speak to a bus sim player.

12. Heliocentric says:

The game ‘bus driver’ is ace, its not so much a simulation of bus driving so much as a simulation of the idea of bus driving. Its simple and you have a few traffic and comfort rules to follow.

The games killer app is that you can screw the route and just take the bus for a ride. Across a wide open city, not san andreas big mind, thats a pretty good bus game too.

13. nobody says:

In the very moment I read the title, I knew it was going to be a German game. When you see an entire row in the PC games section in Saturn full of some 20-or-so outdated-looking train simulator addons for every route imaginable in Germany, you know this is a very different country :)

14. Gotem says:

sounds like a good title for the next session of the Gaming Club

15. Unaco says:

Will it have classic London Routemasters? Not that I really care… I’m just trying to see if I can get a comment posted on this thread, as it doesn’t seem to work on others.

16. dobber says:

i hope cigarette smoking against the clock is included as a minigame.

17. Luke Anderson says:

Bus simulator is ideal for novices to try their hands at driving a bus. If you would like to try a simulator which gives you the feeling of driving a real Mercedes-Benz then check out their latest simulator. I was really impressed to read about it in details in the CCM-News website. View their video on http://clients.ccm-news.com/?client=Mercedes-Benz and you can understand what I actually wanted to say!