BFBC2V: Flamethrowers, Guns Made Of String

By Jim Rossignol on November 23rd, 2010 at 4:32 pm.

This weekend I found myself on the RPS BFBC2 server – as part of our rather oversubscribed RPS Game Club – and I began to remember why I have played more of that game than any other this year. Despite its flaws there’s a big bag of What Is Right About Multiplayer Manshoots in there, and I love it. Having done that and then taken a look at this new excellent new video for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam I began to get rather more excited about the upcoming historical expandalone than I had been up to this point. I’m starting to understand how Vietnam will change the dynamic – bringing the combat in even closer – and it’s looking pretty fantastic.

I notice there’s still no release date for this, despite it being slated for “Winter 2010″. I guess that must mean it’s out in December. It’ll be download only, initially only in the EA Store. I will be downloading it.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Taverius says:

You changed the image! In the RSS feed it one of a guy in a funny hat who could not, possibly, see what his rifle was pointing at … I was pleasantly bemused for almost a minute.

I demand funny-hat-rifle-man back! Down with flamethrower-GI!

2. Skurmedel says:

His name really doesn’t work in English :D

3. Arthur Barnhouse says:

I showed up for Man Shoots on saturday and sunday and could find no one on the TF2 server, and I never could find the Bad Company 2 server, no matter how many variations on “Rock, Paper, Shotgun” I searched for.

4. clownst0pper says:

The TF2 server started off jam packed. It’s now dead, which is a real shame. Many organise a fight night?

5. Linfosoma says:

Hopefully it’s released somewhere besides the EA store, I want to buy it, but I cant buy at their store since it wont properly recognize my region.

6. Miker says:

I bought Bad Company 2 off of the EA store for $20 a month after release, so as interested as I am, I can’t see myself putting down the same price for a fraction of the content in the vanilla game.

7. BreakDown says:

So… it isnt going to be avivable on steam?

is it going to happen like with mirrors edge? (also from dice)

8. Turin Turambar says:

Remember to use EASTORE10 for a 10% discount.

9. coldwave says:

It looks cool, but.

>2 maps

Ok, seriously.

10. GoodPatton says:

Definitely the best multiplayer manshootem’up of the year, unfortunately CoD Blowhard will steal its thunder. Oh sales ratings, how many ways do I despise the way you affect peoples perception of a game.

11. Sublett says:

Being a RPS newbie.. how do I become apart of this “oversubscribed RPS Game Club”-thingy?

12. Sublett says:

Nevermind, found the Steam group. Guess that is what is being reffered too.

13. Vandelay says:

Whatever happened to the Bloody Good Time RPS Game Club session? Did I miss it or did it never happen?

14. Sassenach says:

You can’t really hide from a flamethrower.

But I have also yet to meet one who could outsmart bullet.

15. battles_atlas says:

I WANT THAT ULTRA EXPERIENCE OF YOU-BEEN-IN-THE-JUNGLE-A-LONG-TIME

16. Frankle says:

Really enjoyed the Bad company 2 session on saturday (annoyingly the only day I could get in a game last week). Just a shame that the rest of the time the server seems to be completely empty, or am i just missing everyone on it?

17. Kevbo says:

2 maps…. there better be more in the final game or at least allow people to make custom maps for god’s sake :(

18. Shatners Bassoon says:

I just wish I had a PC capable of even playing this so I can relive my BF:Vietnam days of breakdancing Hueys.

19. Nick says:

So. Much. PR. Bullshit.

20. nmute says:

as a human being deeply horrified and disgusted at the bayoneting, torture, mutilation, mass executions, gang rape, child rape, baby beatings, destruction of dwellings, destruction of food, poisoning of water and mass chemical defoliation of vietnam’s countryside and all attempted cover-ups and subsequent vilification of the tiny number of heroes who tried to stop or expose such hideous crimes, i hereby petition for:

all US forces to be renamed “Invading Force” and

all NVA/VC forces to be renamed “Invading Force”

a civilian single-player campaign to be implemented, where I may play as an ordinary person trying to help her/his people survive and defend themselves. this could include an incongruous and not really necessary interlude level where I’m a student in Kent State being murdered by Ohio national guardsmen, who subsequently get away with it.

fat chance.

21. Killer6 says:

Battlefield series hasn’t been the same since BF2, BC2 just got retarded with the amount of people just firing endlessly into the floor or walls just to watch shit blow up.

22. BrendanJB says:

2 maps? Really?

I’ll be waiting til this thing is <$10 for such an extreme lack of content.

• Thunderkor says:

I’m inclined to agree with you. I was initially excited, but only 2 maps on a $20 expansion? Nah. Can’t do that. Especially when I also got the full game for only $20 shortly after release.

Comment on this story