Swords And Soldiers HD Out Dec 1st

By Quintin Smith on November 26th, 2010 at 6:50 pm.

Stripped down, side-scrolling RTS Swords and Soldiers HD was meant to be out back in September. Now we hear it’s arriving on December 1st. Lucky for developers Ronimo Games the RPS dogma is big on forgiveness specifically when it comes to games containing Vikings. RPS First Vandalism Battalion? At ease.

This game managed to raise Alec’s tired robotic eyebrow when he saw it back at GamesCom ’10, and I think it looks fun too. For those of you with troubled attention spans I’ve re-posted a trailer below.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. gutenbergn says:

Can’t wait for it! So many great games being released on PC lately (Shank, DeathSpank, Super Meat Boy…). My wallet is really suffering though.

2. Danny says:

Initially I thought this was that TBS game with a Samurai setting that one of you fine gentlemen wrote about.

Bummer.

3. Lewie Procter says:

Heh, I remember the devs were at Develop, and they said that every single person they met knew it was on Wiiware, and nothing else about it.

Hopefully it find an audience on the PC, it looks ace.

4. The Dark One says:

Initially I thought this was that RTP game with a Norse setting that one of you fine gentlemen wrote about. Luckily, I have room in my heart for more than just The Lost Vikings.

5. yabonn_fr says:

Still lookjng for the great Beat’m All Renaissance.

Mean, I can’t be the only one playing Denjin Makai II, Shadow over Mystara or LIttle Fighters, or what?

6. 8-bit says:

I played it on the wii and it has a certain charm to it but every mission plays out the same way by simply overwhelming an enemy with numbers, hardly the best game on wiiware. If its cheaper than £10 I would say buy it because it was still fun even if there is very little strategy involved.

7. ulix says:

Good game. Played it on Wii, like, one or two years ago.

8. Matt says:

Fun fact: one of the guys at Ronimo is also responsible for Proun, the strange geometric shape racing game. (see http://www.proun-game.com )

9. Soulsick says:

This is actually a remake of the old Armor Alley – sans the player in a helicopter.

Pretty sweet little game. Already wanted to remake it.

Comment on this story