Unsecret: The Agency Due Later Next Year

By Jim Rossignol on December 7th, 2010 at 10:01 am.

Splinter what?
Speaking of long-delayed MMOs, VG247 spotted that SOE have revealed that The Agency is now scheduled for the second half of 2011. The combat-led MMO has apparently required quite a lot more work to make it enjoyable, and it certainly had a quiet showing at E3. I’ve posted the most recent game footage below – a PvP sequence – for reference. And it does look kind of interesting, what with being a proper manshooter and everything. What still isn’t quite clear right now is how the hub-based missions will create a sense of “worldiness” and quite how the “massive” aspect of the game will manifest. We’ve had a few failures in that regard since PlanetSide.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Larington says:

Heh, that was timely, I was wondering about the release date for this just yesterday, and the wiki said a Dec 12 release date (At the time I checked it last night), so wasn’t sure if that meant a ‘soft launch’ or what.

2. poop says:

the combat looks okay but it looked okay in the APB videos soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. televizor says:

Are they gonna gonna have cross-platform support? I know they will for Final Fantasy XIV, it’d be nice for devs (or at least the ones working for Sony) to start doing this for all multi-plat games.

4. Choca says:

Heh, I had forgotten about this. I think I played it once a few years ago.

5. Bald Space Marine says:

Looks boring and bland as hell……

It seems the weapons have no recoil….at all.

6. Dreamhacker says:

Man, another cover-based TPS? Blegh….

7. lumberjack_wannabe says:

The controls look clunky, especially transitioning from cover to first person.

I’d really fancy a Planetside reboot of some sort, never got to play that one…

• WombatDeath says:

Planetside was pretty groovy, though I was rubbish at it. I have no idea why there aren’t more FPS MMOs floating around.

I remember playing Hostile Waters very many years ago and thinking how awesome it would be if it was multiplayer. Now we have the ability to do that sort of thing on a massive scale but nobody seems very interested. I demand that the gaming industry stop pumping out derivative arsenuggets and satisfy my requirements immediately.

8. westyfield says:

I was excited about this game.

Four years ago.

9. pupsikaso says:

Stopped watching when he equipped some kind of thing that lets him see enemies through walls.
    What’s the point in that? Takes all the fun out of playing against human opponents.

10. E3 Card Reader PS3 says:

great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

Comment on this story