RPS Cataclysm Guild: Rock, Paper, Saurfang

By John Walker on December 9th, 2010 at 2:56 pm.

It's fun to have friends!

We’ve heard there’s a few people playing this World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Some people like to play it together. And so it is that Rock, Paper, Shotgun readers have created a guild. It’s a Horde gang, on EU Aggrammar, called Rock, Paper, Saurfang.

If you’d like to join, then you need cast the following spell: /w “Narune”

Thanks to “Serenegoose” for bringing this to our attention, who explains it as, “for people who want to explore the world together, and who are bound together by our love of RPS as a general community.” So that’s where to go if you wish to WoW in the finest company.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Meat Circus says:

NERF RPS PLOX DEVS

2. Serenegoose says:

Thanks! I always knew you were a good healer, no matter what the books in my collection say.

Yep, for reference, we’re still in the formation stage (I was slow, I thought it was ridiculously expensive to start a guild rather than 10 silvers and 4 signatures) but the basic idea is, you turn up, you /w me, we get this thing going, and we explore the land of Azeroth (and then outland for as small amount of time as we can) and then Azeroth again, but slightly colder, and then Azeroth again but this time only in the hours of 3-5pm during the winter and 8-9pm most of the rest of the year. We’ll do dungeons and stuff of course, but the emphasis on having a jolly good time and seeing the new world in all its lavariffic glory, hopefully being immolated by Deathwing a few times for good measure. (as he now cruises around overhead occasionally, burning all and sundry.)

3. XtremeFlash says:

I’m so joining!

4. Deano2099 says:

Going to try and drop by tonight and start a new undead character. Got a level 80 alliance druid elsewhere but my guild is mostly dead now. Been playing since launch and have years of experience in helping run said guild back in the day so happy to help out with anything.

5. Serenegoose says:

oh, and for complete infos, I’m aware lots of people aren’t on Aggrammar. That’s OK, I wasn’t either! The best part of cataclysm is the low-level experience is actually fun now, so alt up! :D

6. Auspex says:

I’m cautiously tempted to give Cataclysm a go but not till my post-grad exams are done (14th December) Hopefully RPS’ll be going strong but not too high level for me to catch up by then.

7. enVy says:

Too bad that im not playing WoW anymore, but i wish you all the best. Pew Pew RPS :P

8. James says:

Oooh, I already have some characters on Saurfang, I may join you.

• Ian says:

“on EU Aggrammar”

Saurfang’s just part of the guild name. :)

9. cullnean says:

Ill roll an alt on there tonight!

10. Leelad says:

Rocking some kind of Goblin tonight!!

11. Theoban says:

Pfah, Kor’gall is where all the real action is, with the Super Guild ‘Trousers Off’.

12. gbrookshaw says:

This explains why Aggramar has a huge queue all of a sudden :P

• Serenegoose says:

An unfortunate side effect of the cataclysm. When I made my first character on it the population was avowedly ‘medium’. Since then it has shot up quite significantly.

13. Josh says:

I wonder if my EU account still works, and if latency isn’t really terrible from the states…

• cs says:

Connecting from the Salt Lake City area, my latency to my relatively low pop EU server is 300-450.

So not great, but definitely still playable. What’s kinda sad is that my guildies in the UK often have much worse latency than I do.

14. Mahmoth says:

Whoah, Aggie’s my server! Going to drop my shammy on you lot as soon as I get a chance.

15. Mac says:

Shame you didn’t go Alliance – in PC Gamer Horde on Steamwheadle … would have been good to play Horde and Alliance

16. Serenegoose says:

Alright, if you want in, hit that /w key, and whisper either: Narune, Gobob, Trollax, or Trollsie. Hopefully one of us shall be online at the time to send a /ginvite your way.

17. Flint says:

Wow, what a stroke of coincidence. I’m mainly an Alliance player but my one non-deleted Horde character just happens to be on Aggrammar.

Not that I’m joining particularly soon considering I’m busy with my main characters :(.

18. Jsnuk says:

I want SWG back :(

19. Wulf says:

If the Worgen looked like that, I might actually be on board. Sadly, they don’t. I’ve seen more doombeasty doombeasts in cartoons meant for young uns than the Worgen, but I suppose World of Warcraft was never what I was looking for.

• Serenegoose says:

If you played as a Worgen, you’d certainly not be on board, as they’re on entirely the wrong team. :D

20. Brumisator says:

If I played WoW, I’d join this guild in a heartbat.

It may sound smug, but TED and RPS are some of the very few non-retarded places on the internet.

21. kutkh says:

I’ve had this little noise in the back of my head for a few days now trying to get me to buy Cataclysm and this isn’t helping. I keeping telling myself that it’s just the Launch Week Hype Bee, but, what if… it used to.. I thought…. gggkkk.

• Serenegoose says:

If you have an account, you can see enough of the changes without having to buy the expansion pack to know whether it’s for you or not.

22. davefp says:

Great! Social guilds are always a lot of fun. If nothing else they provide a pool of non-assholes to do dungeons with.

Anyone interested in starting a brother/sister/creepy uncle guild on a North American realm? If there’s enough people I’d be up for starting one (or help someone more experienced to get one going).

23. clownst0pper says:

Just got my press copy of Cataclysm. I’ll be joining!

24. Durkonkell says:

Damn it! I’m on EU-Aggramar… Alliance side. Damn it.

I’ll probably roll a Goblin at some point, might bring him aboard.

No, I’m not rerolling horde. Tauren and Goblins are the only horde races I’d really consider playing, and you can’t have a tauren and goblin EVERYTHING!

• Serenegoose says:

Pfff, Forsaken are the best race anyway.

Let me think, you can have Tauren Warrior, Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Druid, Hunter and Death Knight, and you can have Goblin Death knight, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, so yes you can have a Tauren and goblin everything!

But the Forsaken are still the best.

25. Doctor_Hellsturm says:

I’m considering rolling a blood elf, but someone (in these parts) told me their starting area is the worst. True?

• Serenegoose says:

It’s true now, but don’t let that dissuade you. As long as you’re prepared to walk you can just go elsewhere. It’s not a bad starting area, certainly if you do it first – it’s that the new ones make it pale in comparison. As always, my forsaken bias compels me to recommend them – they have, even acknowledging my bias, the strongest start by far.

26. TonyB says:

Soooooo…, my first and favourite character has been on Aggrammar from the start, but unfortunately he’s a Night Elf druid and so has a slight issue with joining this RPS guild. I’m one of those tempted to return to the WoW world with this new expansion, but should I be creating a new character combating my old friends, or should I remain opposed to those rocky and papery and continue my semi-furry adventures?

27. Andy says:

Well I caved on the way home yesterday and picked up a copy a cataclysm. 312 millions hours later it finally finished downloading the client and I got a little bit of play time before work this morning.
    I rolled a Goblin (although I really wish they’d made the Worgen a Horde race because I can’t go near the Alliance (bleurgh) having been a Forsaken player for my entire WoW career but I really liked the look of them) and am swiftly remembering why I played that game in the first place. I’ll send a whisper this evening and join up!

28. DragonAids says: