Telltale Unveil Horrible Mutant Biff Tannen

By Quintin Smith on December 9th, 2010 at 5:42 pm.

ARGH JESUS sorry Biff didn't see you there

Telltale have dropped a fat update onto the official Back to the Future site, with hot new details on each of the five upcoming episodes, plus voice acting samples from the game’s cast including Christopher “Oh My God It’s Christopher Lloyd” Lloyd. I wasn’t taking too much of an interest in this game previously as I like point’n’click games almost as much as I like eating fiberglass insulation, but hearing Lloyd’s voice has made me come over all conflicted. Hmm. One piece of information that did confuse me was that the synopsis all imply you’ll be doing a lot of time travelling back to the 80s, until I realised that the game’s present is the 80s. Obviously.

You know, I think the more confusing this game is, the more I’ll like it.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Dozer says:

am I the only RPS reader who has never watched Back To The Future?

2. westyfield says:

Looks like an absolute butthead.

3. Brumisator says:

I was pretty hyped by “Oh my God it’s Christopher Lloyd” and the new voice actor for Marty, his soundbit he copied from the movie was spot on…but having seen some ingame footage now, I’m not so sure about him, he sounds like he’s trying too hard to sound like the wacky moments of Micheal J Fox’s voice.

Tannen looks exactly like he should in that concept art, hooray.

4. Mad Doc MacRae says:

Needs the staring eyes tag

5. terry says:

<3:

6. Miker says:

Hey McFly!

7. DrGonzo says:

For those who haven’t seen it, it’s Biff, or more precisely the guy who plays him, singing about himself.

8. Malawi Frontier Guard says:

I hope his belly flops horribly!

9. Wulf says:

GREAT SCOTT!

(Not KG)

Mwaahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

• Wulf says:

That said, I have to say that the concept art looks absolutely perfect. I’m really looking forward to this.

10. Schnapple says:

Is Tom Wilson providing the voice of Biff or anything else Tannen? If not, why the hell not? It’s not like Tom Wilson’s busy curing cancer or something, or expensive.

• MrEvilGuy says:

he’s not. Here’s a conversation on his youtube video comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwY5o2fsG7Y

McSuperfly101
      2 weeks ago 9
      I love this song, are you involved in any way with this new Back to the Future videogame that’s coming out soon?

@McSuperfly101 No, not in any way. Clearly, they’re shooting for an inferior product.
      TomWilsonUSA 2 weeks ago 30

@TomWilsonUSA I no you don’t want to be involved in any BTTF products Tom but have they at least contacted you about the videogame just out of respect for your role in the movies?
      burningphoneix 2 weeks ago

@burningphoneix Again, no.
      TomWilsonUSA

In a nutshell, Kid Beyond is doing Biff voice and there is confusion over why Tom Wilson did not get the offer since Telltale talked to his representatives. BTTF forum people are still hoping for Telltale to try to contact Tom Wilson again and scrap Kid Beyond.

• bildo says:

omg kid beyond’s voice is terrible for this role. wtf were they thinking?

11. Jake says:

Well just where the hell is his mouth going?

Vandelay says:

Oh wow, I just watched the trailer and they play some Huey Lewis and The News at the end!

It’s a shame (but understandable) about the lack of the real Marty, but everything else about the presentation of this is looking spot on. Very tempted to pre-order…

13. MadTinkerer says:

“One piece of information that did confuse me was that the synopsis all imply you’ll be doing a lot of time travelling back to the 80s, until I realised that the game’s present is the 80s. Obviously.”

Oh My Gosh You Guys! You have to check out my awesome new game console! It’s from Japan! They just released it over here! There’s a guy in overalls and you jump around and turtles are trying to stop you but you can eat mushrooms to get bigger and you have to save the princess from the dragon at the end and I haven’t gotten that far yet because I keep accidentally jumping into the flames and…

Twenty-first century!?! What do you mean it’s not 1986?!? You’re confusing me!!!!

14. Thants says:

I really don’t understand why Telltale’s games are so ugly. Do they have to be so ugly?

15. Legionary says:

Wait a second, isn’t that John Walker?

16. pauleyc says:

“I like point’n’click games almost as much as I like eating fiberglass insulation”

Well, nobody’s perfect. Real men on the other hand eat fiberglass on asbestos with marmite.

17. v.dog says:

Same. Too bad they pulled it from the shelves.

Designed as a Diet Aid and marketed under the name ‘Propulsion Pudding’, this sweet, largely non-toxic liquid form of fiberglass insulation increased the velocity of any food that followed it throught the digestive tract, leaving the body no time to absorb calories.

Propulsion Pudding was pulled form the shelves after it was discovered that digestion plays sveral crucial roles in the eating process, such as breaking down food into small, managable chunks before it is violently expelled from the human body.

Aperture’s Second attempt at a dietetic pudding substitute resulted in Repulsion Gel, a much sweeter, slightly less non-toxic form of fiberglass insulation that caused subsequently ingested food items to bounce off the lining of the dieter’s distended stomach and out his or her mouth.

For various reasons, this was also pulled from the shelves. :(