Live And Let Fly: Steambirds Survival

By Quintin Smith on December 16th, 2010 at 5:03 pm.

Bye-planes! Bwahaha!

Kieron posted about turn-based Steampunk dogfightin’ browser game Steambirds back in March, and now it has a sequel called Steambirds Survival! Fancy that. I spent the last 20 minutes trying and failing to get to grips with its homing missiles, but I still had fun. Man, I wish I could fly planes. Just think- while I am sat here at my desk, literally dozens of men the world over are sat at their planes. Watery-sounding and somewhat underwhelming footage of Steambirds Survival beneath the jump, s you’re better off just playing it. Thanks to RPS reader Michael “Fingers” Nørskov for the tipoff.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Handsome Dead says:

It’s decidedly okay.

2. Basilicus says:

Having just seen Black Adder Goes Forth, your envy reminds me of the episode “Private Plane,” in which WWI pilots could have a lapgirl at a snap and whisked into an enemy prison to break free and shoot whomever they wanted.

3. CMaster says:

It still feels not quite as good as Critical Mass in most ways, although it is generally a little fairer.

I also think the missions lark of the original (and its expansion) worked better than this.

4. PleasingFungus says:

I really liked the original, but this version just feels… extremely mercenary, to me. Micropayments micropayments micropayments!

It just spoils the fun, even for a single-player game.

5. DeepSleeper says:

It’s a shame they took out the Story mode, that timeline thing was the most interesting part to me.

6. Lukasz says:

was playing the game just yesterday, purchased a plane for 95000 copper. total waste of 1h of game as the plane is ridiculously weak.
    won’t play it again.

7. KillahMate says:

Whatever exciting games have, this one doesn’t.

8. windows says:

Hello, my friend

Access == http://www.aeooe.com == site, pick your favorite products!

Low price, good quality, there are many brands and so you get

We accept paypal payment, delivery time 5-7 days

Access == http://www.aeooe.com == select the product inside is absolutely right

I wish you a happy shopping!

Thank you!