Hunted: The Demon’s Forge: The World

By Jim Rossignol on December 21st, 2010 at 4:26 pm.

Death or unthinkable evil? That’s apparently the choice that is open to the denizens of the world of Hunted: The Demon’s Forge. Tricky one, eh? Just how bad can unthinkable evil be, really? Mmm, well, this latest footage gives us a taste of what’s actually afoot in this action-slasher (Gauntlet rides again…) coming up next year, with wizened woods and shattered medieval cities. It’s looking a lot like Tolkien tapping his foot to heavy metal, or something. Go take a look.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Mr_Hands says:

Wat.

2. SquareWheel says:

I would, but I don’t intend to wait through a 30 second ad.

3. Joe Maley says:

Looks pretty good, maybe will hold a candle to DA:O/A.
    But that still doesn’t forgive the elementary sounding title.

• Man Raised by Puffins says:

It’s a co-op hacky/slashy thing. I doubt it’ll be offering Dragon Age-type tactical thrills.

• PhiIl Cameron says:

What Puffins said. They’re quite openly referencing Gears of War when talking about the game. They want to do that, but in a fantasy world with swords and bows and angry men.

• Urael says:

Sadly, it doesn’t look like Dragon-Age will be offering Dragon-Age type tactical thrills anymore. :)

4. KauhuK says:

The visuals look just like an Xbox360 game. It’s like i’ve seen these same graphics before many times only in different forms. I’m starting to get fed up on these generic multiplatformer titles. It might be fun as Darksiders is (have it on pc) but maybe it isnt. Who knows. Maybe I just cant expect much from games these days.

5. Flameberge says:

Yay, Gears of Warcraft. Rubbish trailer though: no one cares about the fantasy world, just about the killinz’.

I hope this banishes my nostalgia from Severance: Blade of Darkness, the only other 3rd person melee Action RPG that has ever really worked for me. That was brutally violent game for the time as well.

• zergrush says:

You should play Demon’s Souls. It’s probably the best fantasy action game, and reminded me of Blade of Darkness quite a lot.

• Strand says:

Seconded. I watched a friend play my copy of Demon’s Souls–having not yet played it myself–and the parallels to Severance were notable. Instead of wresting the controller away from him, I considered scrounging for one of the three copies I own of Blade of Darkness. Then I got distracted by something shiny.

If I manage to get out of this chair in the next four minutes, I’ll likely try to find the CD again. Due to its difficulty, it remains one of the few games I’ve never completed. But I loved trying!

• Christian Dannie Storgaard says:

Actually I do care about the world and its back story. Telling me that the monsters I will be fighting are villagers tortured until they were broken enough to let them selves be absorbed by “unthinkable evil” and become their torturer’s army will, at it’s best, possibly provide some interesting plot twists (though I doubt they’ll go that route, but I can dream can’t I?) and if nothing else, let me feel a bit like a bit of a bastard for slaughtering these “innocent” tortured souls.
      Makes me think slightly of Silent Hill 2, which is never a bad thing.

6. Flaringo says:

they should do one on breasts

7. Malawi Frontier Guard says:

This is like Enclave, yes?

8. The Great Wayne says:

Edit: nvm, it’s the unreal engine.

9. Gothnak says:

See, that video makes it look like the whole land is screwed… I’d go find a nice island somewhere with the cute chick and live the rest of our days growing vegetables and having lots of sex… Much like if there was a zombie apocalypse… Sometimes it’s not worth being a hero.

• dadioflex says:

Islands are no good. Zombies will walk clean across the sea floor and wind up on your beach. You want a nice plateau a thousand feet in the air.

10. heretic says:

I’m only interested in this because of the pretty elf lady.

11. R10T says:

I played it for a while on Gamescom (eggsbox 360).. Very Enclave-y, very co-op

12. Jsnuk says:

I dislike maces and flails but not morningstars.

13. MSJ says:

Still surprised there’s no mention that this is Brian Fargo’s game. He doesn’t seem to be doing much after Interplay folded. First it was Bard’s Tale than this. Hunted looks good, though.

Comment on this story