Kingmakers: Lionheart Expanded, Rebranded

By Jim Rossignol on January 7th, 2011 at 3:59 pm.

Paradox did a funny when announcing that historical strategy Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade is to be renamed to simply The King’s Crusade:

Richard The Lionheart, the leading historical figure in last year’s immersive real-time strategy game Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade, has undergone a name change. Explaining his decision, the legendary warrior said, “I just felt ‘Richard The Lionheart’ was a bit of a mouthful. I felt I wanted something a little snappier when the little people were addressing me. Therefore, from now on I shall be addressed simply as ‘King’. It’s short, easy to remember, and sums me up perfectly!”

Ha. The game is getting two expansions in early 2011. Arabian Nights will arrive on February 8th full of Saracen forces, the second expansion, Teutonic Knights, will be about Teutonic Knights and related Crusader stuff. No date on that, yet.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. pipman3000 says:

they could of called it arabain knights and started a name theme. way to ignore opportunity when it comes knocking

2. Vague-rant says:

Thats not really much shorter now is it? Neocore seem to like having games with long names (the other being “King Arthur; The Roleplaying Wargame”). Why can’t they just call it Lionheart?

I’m towards the later stages of King Arthur now, and I really appreciate the mechanics they’ve produced. There are some ridiculous difficulty spikes though. In any case I might pick up Lionheart, and possibly subsequent DLC once I finish this game.

• Jim Rossignol says:

Yeah, they should have called it KINGBIFF!

• DrGonzo says:

That’s the noise of someone trying to shoot Batman, and then getting punched.

• michaelar says:

Hire this man to do sound effects.

• Alistair says:

Vague-rant – Lionheart is a remake of a title that predates King Arthur – it lacks a lot of the systems that make Arthur so good IMO. And crashes for me :( Don’t pay too much for it.

• Archonsod says:

I wouldn’t call it a remake, they’ve essentially tried to combine Crusader with King Arthur. Which would make a weird mix at the best of times.

I preferred King Arthur though. Talking about which have they got the Pagan’s DLC out yet?

• Alistair says:

What makes you say that? It’s a very straight remake as far as I could see with very little of King Arthur in there. I.e. no strategy map to speak of, no magic to speak of, and the same battle and faction systems from the first game along with much the same graphics and the same sound. In particular, victory locations were more or less removed…

3. Moth Bones says:

‘Lionheart’ is surely reserved for the second in the groundbreaking series of Kate Bush-themed games that will one day rule the earth.

4. dadioflex says:

Scratched the surface of that before giving up. Did it ever get patched or given any fan love?

• Archonsod says:

I doubt it. The only way to fix it being a tedious combat grind would have been to rewrite those parts. Which meant the only part you’d be keeping was the tutorial, at which point you may as well release it as a new game.

• Malawi Frontier Guard says:

The first hour was great. Well, at least good. Acceptable.
      I never finished it because apparently I built my character the wrong way to beat all the enemies.

There really doesn’t seem to be any mod out there to fix it up. It’s understandable, since that would require tremendous effort considering all the messed-up and unfinished parts.

5. Deano2099 says:

Developer in realising that “Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade: Arabian Nights” is actually ridiculous shocker.

6. Navagon says:

I’ll have to keep an eye out for this. But weren’t we due another King Arthur DLC first?

7. frags says:

Constantly crashes on me at the end of the first mission. And they still haven’t released a patch to fix this yet :o

Comment on this story