I Found Tealy & Orangey To Be Entertaining

By Jim Rossignol on January 12th, 2011 at 7:02 pm.

Mr Tony Gowland pointed us toward his clever puzzle-platformer, Tealy & Orangey, and I am glad that he did. It sees you controlling two jumping balls at the same time – they both move left if you move left, both jump if you hit jump, and so on – to create some fiendish conundrums of spatial puzzling. Initially their obstacle courses are simply in parallel, but then they begin to join up, and then things get complicated. It’s neat. You should try it.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Serenegoose says:

I… wow. I’ve played hello worlds, and that didn’t hurt my head nearly as hard as this did. And I mean that as a compliment. Fun game. :)

2. Flint says:

After playing for about 10 levels and then returning to my usual browsing, I’m finding it very hard to come back to a reality where you don’t have to stare at two sides of the screen and control them both to opposite directions at the same time.

Lambchops says:

It’s too orangery for crows!

And also apparantly too good to run on my computer. None of my browsers appear to agree with it at all. Shame.

• FreakyZoid says:

Lambchops – I have heard a few people having problems running it on Opera and Safari, though in those cases I think it turned out to be ad-blocking plugins at work. It should be fine in Chrome though – that’s what I run it in.

4. FreakyZoid says:

Hi, thanks for featuring my game, I hope your readers enjoy it.

If people want to keep up to date with any updates etc. I make to it, I will post info on my blog http://www.mainlyaboutgames.co.uk

• Zaboomafoozarg says:

Good job sir, good job.

• DOLBYdigital says:

Great idea and good execution. I like the orange and teal theme and also enjoyed the funny comments on each level. Reminded me of the sign painter in world of goo :)

MacBeth says:

I trust the full release will have a teal & orange box cover and poster?

5. TechRogue says:

I reminds me the parts of And Yet it Moves when you had your mirror self to worry about .

6. Ziv says:

The new share buttons are way too in my face! It’s way too big and bold and awkwardly located.

edit: Played the game, really awesome game, witty writing but had to stop because all that thinking gave me a headache.

Lambchops says:

Got it working on the guy’s own site.

Reminds me of a similar flash game I played recently but whose name I have forgotten. Like most of these types of games I enjoyed it for a while until it got too finicky and frustrating for me (in this case unlucky level 13 proved to be my giving up point).

8. Xercies says:

I can’t look at two screens at once argh!

• Baines says:

I had the same problem. I’d start a jump looking at one screen, and either switch to the other screen too late to avoid the spikes that I knew were there, or would mess up my movement while switching my attention (keep holding a button and careen into spikes, or let go and fall into spikes).

I stopped on a spike filled hall where the two orbs were still in sync, because even there I was having to learn each jump by trial and error, when what I needed to do was completely obvious. It was just switching attention between the screens that was killing me. Knowing that, I didn’t even see a point to continuing to screens where the paths weren’t identical.

9. Flint says:

Got to level 20.

My head hurts now.

10. bill says:

I give up on these kinds if flash games way too easily. If it was a downloadable game i’d have kept playing when i got to a tricky bit, even more so if i’d paid for it.

But with flash games i just close the tab and do something else…

11. Chunga says:

Oh, what is it with all those games with rolling balls? Run’em over with a bulldozer, I say.

12. Sander Bos says:

Got to level 12 before I got bored, but great game (and concept) nonetheless. What I liked (in comparison to similar games) that you could just experiment with some random jumps and see where you would end up.