RPS Game Club: Sunday Night Manshoots?

By Jim Rossignol on January 13th, 2011 at 2:05 pm.

How is everyone fixed for some shooting of men from around 7pm GMT on Sunday 16th? We shall play Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

The Team Fortress 2 Server: 85.236.100.107:27315, and you can find the RPS BFBC2 server by searching for “Rock”. I’ll create some Steam group event reminders and see you lot there.

Also, a splendid, selfless community type has volunteered a server for some games of Warsow. Anyone interested in that (for another night)?

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Navagon says:

Bad Company 2? Cool. Hopefully I’ll be there to boost everyone else’s scores. How about some BC2 Vietnam at some point in the future?

2. grasskit says:

is there bfbc2 vietnam rps server also?

3. Alex Bakke says:

I’m down for this. Manshoots galore!

4. Cooper says:

If I get this thesis chapter finished by then, as I intend to, yes. At least for Team-Based Hatwearing Competition

• Cooper says:

Ok, on Steam, this has popped up on the news feed for TF2.

Which means EVERYONE who owns TF2, RPS reader or no, knows about this event.

Expect it to be busy…

5. Centy says:

Ha I just tried to install Warsow and just as I pressed open I realised I already had it installed in Desura.

6. Down Rodeo says:

I’d probably be up for some TF2 around then. Depends, of course, whether I head for the pub quiz at nine. And whether I have all my work done. Isn’t that the way of things?

7. salejemaster says:

wasow, I’m up for some of that!

8. perfectheat says:

I’m also up for some Warsow as I don’t have any of the other two. I’m sure they are excellent though. But I’m stuck on this Russian Hardcore Custom Mod/Map CoD4 server at the moment. It’s mental. Megatron!

9. Rond says:

Maybe I’ll join your BFBC2 game, I dunno, been pretty busy lately. Also I used to play team-instagib in Warsow, that was terrific fun.

10. JeCa says:

Sounds fun, might be the first time in a while I boot up TF2 again :)

Oh yea, seeing KindredPhantom posting in the comments reminded me; there should be some Dystopia fans on RPS, right? Right? Seeing a total of 5 people playing what probably is my favourite team-based shooter of all time really makes me depressed.

• KindredPhantom says:

Well we did have a tutorial session on Dystopia a few months ago, it had a decent turnout but nothing has happened since. It shouldn't be too hard to get a server to play on, it doesn't actually need to be a private one as we could just join one of the public ones.

I seem to be posting comments too fast, I n..e..e..d…t…o…..s….l….o…w…….d…..o……w……n

• JeCa says:

Haha, the the spamchecker really hates people :P

Woops, coming to think of it, I might’ve partycrashed that server a bit…
      Good initiative though that’s a shame, really the only thing that game needs is more people playing it. But yea, there are plenty of empty servers out as long as someone gets around to organise something.

Anyone at RPS reading this? :)

11. HeroJez says:

Love both, I’ll aim to be there in come capacity… probably BC2.

12. HexagonalBolts says:

up for the BC2

13. Raz0rback says:

Time to reinstall BC2 then!

14. cliffski says:

Another vote for BC2. I play as cliffski, naturally :D

15. Crescend says:

I’m in for some TF 2 anytime ^^

16. McDan says:

Time for some buying of BC2 for sunday night methinks.

17. Doesntmeananything says:

Team Fortress 2 and Bad Company 2? How fortunate. I don’t play a lot of online shooters, but recently I’ve been enjoying immensely those two. Fingers crossed for a good ping.

18. KingCathcart says:

Might be up for a little BC2.

19. rhizo says:

To this day I have never been able to find the latest incarnation of the RPS BC2 server with the server browser. Maybe I should pay more attention…

• CHABOXERS says:

I, too, struggled with this until I realized that the search is actually case-sensitive. Thanks, guys. Anyhow, the magic search phrase is actually “Rock” and not “rock” or “ROCK.”

20. Feste says:

Since the Steam sale I’ve been getting quite enamoured with BC2, so I’m sure you’ll see me there.

21. Callum says:

I bought BC2 in the Steam sale and haven’t touched it yet. This will encourage me to play it so count me in. If anyone is on on Sunday I’ll be called Callum there too.

22. Vandelay says:

Probably be able to pop on for some TF2. Not got BC2.

23. Oak says:

TF2? I’d love to, thanks for asking.

Monday Night Combat and Bloody Good Time would be super, too, somewhere down the line…

24. Vague-rant says:

Will probably log on for some TF2. Its been a while though, so don’t blame me if I keep healing spies or something.

25. Dougal McFrugal says:

I’d be up for a smattering of TF2

26. MD says:

I’m so up for Warsow, but I’m too far away from the UK to get a playable ping. I’d like to make a suggestion though: take 5 or 10 minutes to get the basics down before playing. For those who aren’t used to the movemenet, you’ll have a million times more fun if you bother to learn the basics rather than just walking around wondering what’s going on.

27. Will Tomas says:

I’d be up for TF2. I haven’t played in over a year, and I’ve just got a new PC that can handle it again. I’ll be interested to see what the whole items-hats-better guns has done to the game.

28. JohnnyMaverik says:

Sounds good, I’m up for the TF2 for sure and might even join in with the Warsow depending on how much I feel like a bunny hop-fest.

29. Miles of the Machination says:

TF2 would satisfy my long-since-man-shot hands. Has anyone tried connecting to this server from Australia, in regard to ping?

30. Skusey says:

I’m up for BC2 if I can get it working, I’ve not been able to join any servers recently. I’ll try reinstalling it.

31. terry says:

I’ve a project deadline on Monday, so naturally I will endeavour to join for my first BC2 game and die repeatedly and get shouted at.

32. RiptoR says:

I’ll be there for BC2.

Uninstalled TF2 a while ago because of all the hat-collecting and stuff-crafting crap they put into the game. On most servers people seem to only care about the hats and/or crafting and it ruined the game for me…

33. belgerog says:

BFBC2! I’ll pwn all of you newbs.

Comment on this story