World Of Love 2: 28th January (Next Week!)

By Jim Rossignol on January 21st, 2011 at 12:29 pm.

What are you doing next Friday? If you are a UK-based person with interests in the development of indie games then you should almost certainly be attending the second World Of Love event, which is taking place at Conway Hall in London. Speakers include Honeyslug’s Ricky Haggett, Alice Taylor (formerly commission editor for Channel 4′s gaming projects), Nicholas “Games Brief” Lovell, Sophie Houlden, Robert Fearon, and Charlie Knight. And more! We’ll be there too, making faces and trying to remember the secret RPS handshake. Come along! Tickets are on sale now.

1. sneetch says:

Guuh! Ngh!

ShouldbeWorldofLoveCraft!

Sorry, had to let that out.

2. Lewie Procter says:

Twitter types can pre-event stalk people who will be going here:

3. Magical Melvin says:

Man, totally would have come along!

First I thought, ‘Damn, that’s the same day as the protest.’ Then realised the protest was on Saturday, not Friday.

Then I found out you had to book tickets. And then I saw the price of those tickets…

As a student (a poor one at that), I don’t have that kind of money sitting around. =(

• DrazharLn says:

I was all excited because that’s the last day of my exams and I have it off, but £50 for a ticket? I can’t afford that, even for a chance to stalk RPS.

• Shivoa says:

Also finishing exams just in time and tempted but tickets + train fare to that there London make it a tad expensive. I’m sure this will be well worth it, maybe there needs to be a splinter World of Lesser Love event sometime with a focus on talks for those outside the current indie crop, maybe of a student persuasion. I’m sure some centrally located University ECS department would be interested in hosting the event to avoid venue costs.

Crimsoneer says:

I’m really, really tempted, but I’m poor, and that is not cheap.

5. TomA says:

Ah I’d love to be able to go, I’m in london next friday as well but it’s to attend my brothers army passing out parade so I’d struggle to get there early, at £50 its probrably not worth the couple of hours I might get :(

6. valhala89 says:

but but… I live in Scotland… and London is so far away.. and people talk funny and they smell..but I’m fine with all that..

it’s the fact they don’t wear blue face paint I have a problem with!

VelvetFistIronGlove says:

Same here.

But since the Global Game Jam begins that Friday, I’m going to take part in the Scottish chapter held in Glesga somewhere.

• valhala89 says:

It’s in Calledonian uni I think.. been hearing talk bout it… they should really get on having more things in Glasgow.. I mean when I’m not drunk or garfing Glasgow is pretty pish

7. HexagonalBolts says:

I’d love to go to something like this. RPS please could we have a general RPS meeting type thing sometime more for us common non-developer type folk, maybe get a load of indie guys to come along and show off their games, have a few debates, get people to present a few ideas, etc. ?

8. Navagon says:

On top of rail fares, that’s out of my league at the moment, unfortunately.

Daiv says:

Doesn’t the RPS secret handshake involve the surreptitious exchange of bodily fluids?

10. adonf says:

What’s their definition of an indie game ? I’m wondering if it’s a matter of size or financing, or a matter of spirit…

11. Pop says:

I am going! And I fully expect to take up Kieron’s suggestion of punching Terry Cavanagh for Veni, Vidi, Vici!

12. Alex Bakke says:

Oof – that’s quite a lot. £73 for a trip to London, no thanks.

13. Alexander Norris says:

Already booked today off work so I could get a monitor delivered, so I doubt they’d let me have next Friday as well. :(

Guess I’ll go to WoL3.

14. Schmung says:

I am very strongly considering going. I wanted to participate in global game jam, but my most local chapter haven’t got back to me. £50 something quid for the ticket and £35 for the bus ticket is a bit tricky at the moment though.

15. JohnnyMaverik says:

50 QUID!? WHAAAAAAAAAAAT O.O

Daiv says:

Doesn’t the RPS secret handshake involve the surreptitious exchange of a £5 note?