Poo Ghosts? Sanctum Of Slime Footage

By John Walker on January 24th, 2011 at 10:12 pm.

Busting makes them feel lovely.

Tell me, who is it that you are going to telephone? The ghost removers!

Just a small tip to the folks at Atari, for when they make their next trailer for the four-player top-down Ghostbusters co-op: Boasting that the game takes place, “Even in underground sewers!” is not exactly the basket into which you want to place all of your advert’s eggs. A game that takes place in dull grey sewers? Where can I join a days-long queue?! However, that aside, below is some new footage of the game that’s intended to show off the environments.

See that?! SEWERS!!!

Also not helping the campaign is the complete denial of the game’s existence on the Atari website, no URL at the end of the trailer, and no prominent Google presence for an official site. I finally found it here. Come on chaps! The game is rumoured to be out on PC sometime this Spring.

, , .

1. Kits says:

Can’t really blame them for wanting to keep it hidden. That looks rather appaling.

• Dominic White says:

In the last comment thread about this game, I posted a screenshot from the official trailer, showing the Ecto 1 going round a corner with the 4 players standing on top.

Or at least, they should have been on top, but due to whatever janky-ass animation failure they had going on, only one was actually standing on the car, the other three were floating in midair, perfectly happy.

And this is in the official trailers.

2. Teddy Leach says:

Not more bloody sewers.

3. CoyoteTheClever says:

Come on, don’t you feel sympathy for the poor guy who had to write up positive advert points about this game? It hardly seems like a dream job.

thesundaybest says:

After all the complaining about game trailers being nothing more than CGI movies, with no real gameplay, I want to say this is a welcome change. Except it sucks. It really, really sucks.

5. Zogtee says:

Underground sewers, my tits. No one cares about the above ground sewers.

• Navagon says:

You’re right. And Stoke would be such a brilliant place to set a Stalker sequel too.

6. Shiny says:

This looks very similar to the Ghostbusters on NDS, except that it’s one Ghostbuster per player rather than 1 player handling the whole squad.

That game had some nice ideas (items, research, character upgrades) but sloppy execution…the driving part needed a lot more to do, plus should have been done with 2D environments instead of 3D. And the mission/level designs were below par.

7. Tacroy says:

What is this I don’t even

I mean they’re crossing the streams all the time and nothing’s happening! If there’s one thing that Ghost Busters has taught us it’s don’t cross the streams! (Except when Harold Ramis tells you to, of course)

I am disappoint.

• Jimmeh says:

I’m in awe of the number of memes and references you managed to crowbar into such a short reply.

• Phasma Felis says:

I really want this to be heavily lampshaded in some bit of tutorial/first-level dialogue.

“Hey, Egon, I thought we weren’t supposed to cross the streams.”

“I fixed that.”

“What, just like that? I thought you said it was a huge deal! Now it’s just…fixed?”

“Yes. Shut up.”

8. Juiceman says:

What spurred this I wonder. I thoroughly enjoyed the game they released not too long ago. Why this drastic change to something not so enjoyable?

Oozo says:

Seeing those sewers gave me a rather intense Baldur’s Gate-flashback. Which is, for all my love for that game, in this context not really a compliment.

10. Wilson says:

Oh my god, sewers! Tell me they have warehouses too. That would be my dream game. Sewers and warehouses are the coolest and most fun places to be. This is a scientific fact, as proven by science.

11. Xercies says:

Wow someone’s looking back at the 90s with nostalgia where every game must have had a sewer level by law.

Nero says:

Holy shit! Inside buildings, on the streets and in the sewers! New and exciting locales all around!

13. Pani says:

“Bustin’ makes me feel good”

lol