Crasher: Get One Of 1000 Beta Keys

By John Walker on January 26th, 2011 at 3:39 pm.

You could be driving a car just like this!

Want thee one of 1000 keys to get access to the Crasher beta? It’s a motorised arena combat multiplayer from Punchers Impact, pitching teams of five against each other in vehicular mayhem. Then what you need to do is be quick, and nothing more. Below, after more details about the game, you’ll find a form you can fill in. The first 1000 people to do so by 9PM GMT will secure themselves a Steam key, that will be magically emailed to you by a combination of wizardry and science, hopefully by tomorrow morning. You’ll know if you were too late, because you won’t get an email. And the crying.

So, you’re asking, what is Crasher. Well, in their own words…

• Crasher is a new, fast-paced Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) that renews the genre! Motorized team battles opposing two 5-player teams provide an unforgettable game experience!

• In Crasher, select a vehicle among 6 different classes and load it with a host of unlockable items. Find the balance that matches your skills and turn your favorite vehicle into a full-fledged war machine!

• Crasher is a truly dynamic game with an arcade-style driving approach. Teamplay is at the very heart of the game, so be strategic and work with your team if you want to succeed!

• Crasher offers two different game modes: Crasher Territory Control and Crasher Battle Arena, for twice the fun!

• Crasher is THE new e-sports and recently joined the Electronic Sports League (ESL), so if you want to show off your MOBA skills, you’d better join the Crasher community. And don’t forget that team play is the key to success in Crasher!

So if you wants you some of that, fill in your details in this form. Then stare at the white space at the end and imagine where you’ll be in ten years:

Aaaaaaaand time’s up.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Brumisator says:

Is this affiliated in any way to that DIPRIP source mod? It had a very similar concept.

• tomeoftom says:

Midnight DIPRIP with a clanmate DJ’ing chillout over Vent was a great(ly strange) pleasure of mine – which was to sadly fall into obscurity when all the servers for it evaporated.

• tomeoftom says:

Also: Punchers Impact?!. Absolutely glorious name.

2. SquareWheel says:

Yeah, sounds like DIPRIP. I’d sign up if there were some basic reviews.

Anyone have thoughts?

• KindredPhantom says:

It’s not very good at all. The camera is pretty bad as there is no way to move it and it gets in your way a bit.
      It does not play too well either, it all feels a bit poor and not very good.
      DIPRIP the sourcemod is a lot better, and it’s free. The creators of DIPRIP went on to make zombie driver.

3. Mashakosha says:

I’ve got about 3 betas going on right now… why not take on another? Thanks, RPS, you help out a poor gamer and allow him to help make games better!

4. zergrush says:

Couldn’t they find a less retarded-sounding name for this genre than “MOBA”?

5. fearian says:

If I find myself playing it more than minecraft, I’ll call it a good game.

Not that I need any more games to distract me from doing work. How did I even get here. I was going to google a problem. Goddamnit.

6. frenz0rz says:

Ooh go on, lets have a look then.

7. Chizu says:

I’ll try for a key.
    Vehicular combat has always been a favourite of mine.

Though I am not sure anything will beat sending a swarm of bees after someone in Vigilante 8 on the n64 :’(

8. Turbobutts says:

Applied for a key. I mean, who doesn’t love car combat? Plus that concept sounds really nice. However I’m a bit sad I could neither find a gameplay video nor an official website anywhere. I just hope that this one is done professional and entertaining enough not to end up against a wall.

• Henke says:

Yeah I like vehicular combat as well, which is why I got a beta key. Unfortunately the handling is very disapointing. The cars don’t feel like cars, but rather just like human players, but with a car-model instead of a human-model. I mean if you stand still and turn to the left the car just ROTATES to the left. And they practically stop and turn on a dime.

I was hoping for a Interstate 76 kinda thing, not this.

9. ZIGS says:

How long does it take to receive the email? I applied like 2 hours ago and still nothing

• Mashakosha says:

Same here, applied for it about the time it was posted and still nothing. Was thinking it might have been just me.

• rayne117 says:

Did either of you read the entire article?

“The first 1000 people to do so by 9PM GMT will secure themselves a Steam key, that will be magically emailed to you by a combination of wizardry and science, hopefully by tomorrow morning.”

• Mashakosha says:

That doesn’t mean that it won’t be immediate either. But I did miss that point, so thank you for pointing it out. Service is appreciated. :)

10. Navagon says:

That screenshot reminds me of POD. Best game I never bought.

11. Bassism says:

Aw man, I just got off work now. This looks pretty cool, it’s too bad I missed it.

12. mandrill says:

anyone running any private servers? The matchmaking is taking forever.

13. Velijah says:

Motorized action would be nice for a change. I want in!

14. rebb says:

Facebook gag-reflex setting in.

15. adonf says:

Why the change of picture in the article header ?

edit: and why not change the alt-text too ? “You could be driving a car just like this!” Yes I could be driving a car made of molten lava but I’ll pass this time thank you