Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean Pics, Trailer

By John Walker on February 2nd, 2011 at 3:44 pm.

It sure looks like a Lego game on a beach.

Not only are we soon getting Lego Star Wars III, but this Summer brings us Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean. As Alec observed last November, they do seem a perfect triplet of movies (with a fourth this May, the game released alongside it) for the Traveller’s Tales treatment. Not much is known yet, other than the obvious (squillion characters, smash stuff, build stuff, levels represent film scenes) but the first trailer has appeared on MTV’s site. And by the magic of embedding, it’s also below. Along with some brand new (not very good) screenshots.

I’m a little concerned by the voice used for Sparrow. It’s as if they haven’t even tried at all. Surely there isn’t a better voice for representing in grunts and mumbles than Depp’s Keith Richards impression? So why have a middle-ranged voice making sounds like dad in a commercial for tinned spaghetti? Please, please please please have this fixed in time for release.

There’s also some tie-in plastic toys, for which MTV also has an exclusive scoop. But for us, here’s six pics you can see fullsize if you’ll only bother to click on them.

, , , .

Sponsored links by Taboola

cyberninja says:

I new this would be coming at some point.

I’m hoping for Lego Lord of the Rings next.

2. Koozer says:

Why aren’t they LEGO Pirate ships?

Joshua says:

Jack Sparrow needs to be more… Jack Sparrow-ish.

4. Teddy Leach says:

One day they’ll make a compilation of every Lego game. it will be glorious.

• Initialised says:

If they retro fit the newer splitscreen mechanism of the later games to the first few. Unless you want to play them through on your own of course.

Vitamin Powered says:

It feels a little bizarre to see a Lego Game with such good graphics. (the non-Lego parts that is)

6. Staggy says:

I’m one of the few who has never played one, which is the best current iteration?

• Hydrogene says:

I’m in the same position. From what I’ve read, the Lego Star Wars seem very highly rated. But are they the best ?

Al__S says:

Other than “Not the Indiana Jones ones” and “the Harry potter one can have game-breaking graphical bugs on some systems on the PC”, there’s not much between them. The game play is essentially the same. The humour is consistently good. Do you prefer Star Wars or 1960s Batman? I think I’d come down on the side of the first two Star Wars ones- they are the oldest, but you can pick them up as a combined package. I have all bar Harry Potter- which my sister has, the movies and books never held my attention so I wasn’t interested in the game.

Oh- whilst playable with keyboard, a game-pad makes life happier

• Initialised says:

I’d go with Harry Potter over Star Wars, especially if you want to play co-op. But if you don’t know the films stick with what you know or watch the films around the same time as you play the game, oh and round it off with some Lego sets. ‘Helping’ the kids build Hogwarts, Star Destroyers and speeder bikes out of Lego and ‘Helping’ them complete Lego games make 21st century parenting worthwhile.

Jebediah Adder says:

My vote goes for Batman. It’s the only one not tied to a movie franchise, so the levels and gameplay seem somewhat better thought out than in the rest of them. Plus you get to play on the villains as well, doing villaneous deeds. Which is really, really wrong, but also really, really fun.

7. RogB says:

/insert obligatory ‘LEGO NOT LEGO’s’ tirade

oh i cant be arsed.

• Initialised says:

Got to agree, that Star Wars Clone wars trailer should be pulled for it’s americanised laziness. Lego’s indeed. They are Lego bricks! Infidels

8. Hmm-Hmm. says:

The Pirates of the Carribean movies aren’t perfect. The first one was perfectly fine, but the second and third (and fourth, probably) are just more of the same. The ending of the second movie was particulary bad. It’s not that they’re not entertaining.. but hardly perfect.

Just like the Matrix.. would’ve been better with just the first movie, in my not-so humble opinion.. but not only do they have two more movies they also think up other ways to monetise the whole thing. It’s pretty sad.

• YogSo says:

John (paraphrasing Alec*) is saying the PotC movies are a perfect trilogy (soon ‘quadrilogy’) to adapt as LEGO games, not that they are a perfect trilogy (soon ‘quadrilogy’) -full stop-.

_____
      * From that November link: “(Pirates of the Caribbean) is a license that totally makes sense for TT’s Lego series, I think. Bombast, derring-do, humour, reluctance to actually kill anyone, bloody great boats.”

9. omicron1 says:

Sadly, these LEGO boats don’t come with water reflections.

I guess the LEGOs themselves are too hardware-intensive for them to afford a reflection shader or two…

10. Birky says:

See it’s good – but it’s still not the original early 90’s lego pirates I grew up with – before it all got licensed to death .

• godgoo says:

The other day i found one of the little grey sharks lurking in a box of junk, I must have saved it before i left home and my mum gave all my lego (and transformers!!!) away!

• Birky says:

Brilliant, I’d forgotten about the sharks! More sharks in this game please.

11. Martha Stuart says:

All i want to know is, Are there going to be Lego wenches?