The Sims Medieval Shows Off Blue Monster

By Jim Rossignol on February 7th, 2011 at 3:04 pm.

I remember when flowers were just another meal
BigDownload got the scoop on The Sims Medieval trailer, which I’ve reposted below. It’s mostly stuff we’ve seen before, but it’s got a jester, some fighting, a blue pit-monster, and romaaaaance! Actually, these two trailers are better for pure information. In terms of commentary: why, yes, I’m certainly looking forward to seeing this weird RPG/person-sim hybrid. It could be a fun direction for the series to head in.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Moth Bones says:

My liege!

2. Wilson says:

This looks like it could be pretty cool actually.

3. Gundato says:

Yeah. I know we are supposed to inherently hate and mock The Sims because it is accessible to casual gamers and the like, but this one could be fun.

From the little I have read, it sounds like The Guild with less of an emphasis on the occupations and more of an emphasis on the characters, which is something I would prefer. After a while, the jobs always became a means to an end and a way to kill time while waiting for elections and wives to die.

4. Moth Bones says:

I tried The Sims once and my experience of it was that you needed to spend all the time cleaning the bathroom, which presumably won’t be the case with this.

5. pakoito says:

If only this game procreated with Elder Scrolls V. Imagine it: real proper lifesim in high fantasy setting plus some good questing and hack’n'spelling.

• Artist says:

I remember that bethesda tried that with Morrowind, failed cos of the lacking cpu power back those days, got flamed for an overambitious project and made a streamlined Oblivion instead.

I dont think that hot potatoe has already cooled down enough so anybody would try to pick it up again..

• pakoito says:

I always get the impression that I either should play more Morrowind and that the parts I play before quitting are not the good ones.

• Kadayi says:

Yeah Radiant AI never quite managed to fulfil it’s promise. Pity really.

• omicron1 says:

Maybe [Radiant AI] will do its shtick properly this time around, eh? Or at least, do what they say it’ll do…

6. Skusey says:

I was thinking of buying The Sims 3 when it came out on Steam, but now I’m going to wait for this. It’s got swords so that means it’s much more suitable for a hardcore gamer like myself.

7. Brumisator says:

it’s the hydra from the Half-life 2 leaked beta!

8. Bhazor says:

Is that Lord British as King?

9. Quentillius says:

The Sims Medee-evil? I thought it was the Sims Medieval.

10. Matzerath says:

I can hardly wait to make my own Witchfinder General!

11. Shih Tzu says:

So can you get your gay on in this game as well? Because, if so, today’s turning out to be quite the day for the medieval same-sex sexings.

12. Bilbo says:

Against my better judgement, I’m going to allow myself to get excited about this. The big conference trailer from a while back made the game look pretty deep.

Comment on this story