Aye, Aye: E.Y.E. Shows “Divine Cybermancy”

By Jim Rossignol on February 9th, 2011 at 10:30 pm.

Hex-based gameplay we can all be down with
So it seems that relatively unknown open-ended Source-engined FPS E.Y.E. has a new trailer out. Which is convenient, because it reminds me that I am supposed to be interviewing the developers. I’d better get on with that. In the meantime, go and watch the high-speed sci-fi death-dispensing that this trailer of “Divine Cybermancy” depicts. That sure is some cybernetic superduding, apparently with Dante’s Inferno references. Intriguing.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Teddy Leach says:

I do like the look of this actually.

SeanybabeS says:

I like the look of you…

…and the game.

• DeathHamsterDude says:

So do I. I really like the immersive aspect of it. Like if you reload your gun when you still had bullets in your old clip, those bullets are gone. I think that is something that just isn’t implemented enough in games.

So, is this game going to be free? And is there a tentative release date? I couldn’t find info about either on the site.

Also, are these guys Polish or Czech or something? I like the back story and everything, but the English in it is rather clunky. It reminds me of The Witcher or Stalker dialogue, plus in the original trailer the language sounds either Polish or Czech.

• Edrisch says:

They are french.

• Martha Stuart says:

i love how the department you are working for is called W.E.E.D. i wonder if they drug test?

Anthile says:

What an honour.

3. FRIENDLYUNIT says:

Yes, design looks good, weapons look like they perform and handle well….
    But what makes this not JustanothermanshootWithsomespecialabilitiesthrownin?

• Blaq says:

There’s this older trailer that looks a lot more interesting, apart from hacking which I presume was/is a work in progress. FPS/RPG, not nearly enough of those. Eagerly awaiting this and Deus Ex 3 (the line stating “inspired by Blade Runner, Ghost In The Shell and Warhammer 40 000″ might have helped).

The only concern is that they’re still showing us the same map as in the previous trailer. Would have thought that after 7(?) months they would be showing us the fruits of their labour.

• MD says:

It does stand out from other modern FPS games by not being super-slow.

Lars Westergren says:

The trailer linked to by Blaq gives strong Shadowrun vibes to me. Hopefully some focus on plot, not just the bang-bang.

4. noexes says:

> That sure is some cybernetic superduding, apparently with Dante’s Inferno references.

And it looks like some pot references too.

• Krixodus says:

Pure coincidence I’m telling you! I mean warfare engineering and enforcement division sounds completely logical, right?
      Btw, I just got word that said division has exactly 420 members!

5. Oculardissonance says:

Sweet been following this mod ever since they posted about it here, I’m really excited about the Co-op campaign and the random npc generation for missions. My friends and I have been looking for something to play ever since borderlands.

6. pupsikaso says:

If this is going to be multiplayer then this looks very interesting. It’s at least got SOME degree of movement freedom that most games today don’t for some reason.

• realityflaw says:

Somebody invented cover mechanics is the reason, also most FPSs are designed for consoles these days.

• Edrisch says:

The game will have just co-op 2~4 players.

7. ZIGS says:

A very, very comprehensive FAQ about the game:

After reading it, I can only utter 2 words: DO WANT

• pupsikaso says:

So it looks like multiplayer is only coop, then? That’s a shame =(

• Michael Riley says:

There is a team v. team multiplayer setting as well as co-op

8. Waltorious says:

Leaning! THERE IS LEANING!

Although it is strange, 45-degree leaning. But still.

9. CMaster says:

I remember the previous article on this.
    I remember mocking the horribly written, confused and stupid plot of which there were pages and pages of.
    I remember noting that it looks more likely to be a shooter where you can choose how you go about the shooting that the “immersive sim” that some people seemed to want.
    Still, glad to see it is still coming along.

dhex says:

cool? floaty? maybe?

11. disperse says:

Awesome, this is the “SupraHuman reflex saved me” game, right?

12. negativedge says:

WEED? Really?

13. DOLBYdigital says:

I like the fast pace nature of the game and the leaning as well. Looks like a PC exclusive or at least this video was definitely played on a PC. The screenshot shows a sword which peaks my interest although the levels did seem kind of large and empty. I see others mention co-op online so its starting to gain traction in my book. Thanks for letting us know and look forward to the interview and more info.

14. Olivaw says:

This looks a lot like a much much faster version of Neotokyo, that briefly popular Source mod that came out, looked incredible, played like a slower, more tactical version of Counter Strike and immediately scared people away.

I’m very much in favor of any game that proclaims it’s influences to be Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell, is what I’m saying.

15. noom says:

Looks enjoyable. Anything with gritty dystopian cyberpunkish atmosphere will always go down well with my inner William Gibson fanboy.

heretic says:

+1!!!!

wish there were more games like this… although this doesn’t seem to have a single player? DE3 is the only cyberpunk game coming out I know of, you have any recommendations?

EDIT: ah after read the FAQ seems like there is some sort of solo play

16. itsallcrap says:

I like the look of this. Gameplay trailers are a lot more compelling when the player is really going for it.

I don’t know why so many of them show some bored playtester strolling around the level as if none of it really matters.

17. Shazbut says:

Looks great and the FAQ is an exciting thing

18. Stephen Roberts says:

Well, colour me interested. As someone who thinks the source engine isn’t all that and hasn’t heard of this mod before today, it’s looking pretty awesome (read: it doesn’t look much like it’s in Source). Hopefully there will be an entirely competent stealth and sabotage mechanic in the game (future thief would do nicely, thanks) to balance out the shooty bits (or to allow the player to choose which way to complete the missionquestsignment) . Also a decent melee combat mechanic would be nice. It looks like their creative juice glands are generating at alarmingly high levels. Let’s just hope their execution-bot is functioning at equally high degrees.

19. karhax says:

Looks very similar to NEOTOKYO (another source mod) and Dystopia (also another source mod)