RPS On The Twitters / King’s Bounty $2.50

By Alec Meer on February 9th, 2011 at 3:28 pm.

And I was all like 'what you lookin' at?'

We interrupt our regularly scheduled “staring aghast at irresponsible news media” to draw your attention to the RPS Twitter account. When we set it up a couple of years ago, we didn’t do a whole lot with it and thus didn’t promote it much. We reckon we’ve got the hang of it now though, so please follow @rockpapershot to get as-it-happens tip-offs to our bestest/silliest posts, occasional ranting and the odd bargain or freebie we’ve sighted. For instance, the news that the sublime King’s Bounty is currently a mere $2.50 for the next 24 hours. Goooooooooo! By the way, any other Twitter account claiming to be RPS isn’t.

You can also follow us individually, however: Alec, Jim, John and Quinns. We’re fantastically entertaining, especially when talking about the weather, cats and how tired we feel.

, .

Sponsored links by Taboola

madAzrael says:

i just today started following @rockpapershot and the first twitter message i read advertises following @rockpapershot on twitter. o_O

this is black magic. stop that!

btw: here a tip: when you publish an article and a twitter message, plz provide a link to the article.. ;)

princec says:

3. Auspex says:

Don’t follow Quinns he retweets RPS types’ jokes even when you made it first. And then he’s all “learn to write pleb, if you wrote for a popular blog I’d retweet your hilarious joke!”
    And then you’re all “it doesn’t matter Quinns please return to tweeting nonsense about your middle-class travel plans”
    And then he’s all “that right I’m going to Japan bitch! and I have a nice girlfriend”
    And then you start to think “I wish I had a nice girlfriend” and Quintin know you’re thinking this and he’s all “of course you don’t have a girlfriend no one is aware of your presence or your mildly amusing jokes, why would anyone go out with you?”
    And then you’re all “ok, sorry quinns, please return to tweeting nonsense about your middle-class travel plans”
    And then he’s all “that Quinns with a capital Q bitch!”
    And then…

4. Pijama says:

I have only one thing to say about this

THE TOSSER IS BACK

• westyfield says:

Dave Tosser is already back, he wrote that Fox News article a few posts down.

5. RaytraceRat says:

Twittering since 1873 and just 5k followers? Btw, do I get some coupons for being 5000th customer?

6. jon_hill987 says:

Well I am glad it isn’t the platinum edition at that price as I just bought that at the weekend for £8 (or whatever it was on getgames).

Also what is this twitter thing the kids keep talking about these days?

• BooleanBob says:

It’s a global internet conspiracy by typographiles to bring the hash character back into mainstream use. Or something.

• Oddtwang of Dork says:

Yup. You can identify us because we call it an octothorpe.

7. KillahMate says:

Isn’t the article picture from Crossworlds, not from The Legend?

• jon_hill987 says:

So anyone who buys it based on that picture will be disappointed.

And an idiot.

• Navagon says:

I bought thirteen copies based on that image and I used the freshly downloaded data from the series of tubes to make a steampunk dreadnought thing I can call my very own.

• suibhne says:

In all seriousness, I loaded up the sale link with great excitement because I assumed it was Crossworlds based on that image. Ah well. ;)

• Nick says:

Its from Armoured Princess, just happens to be in Crossworlds as well cause that includes AP =)

Bastard boss wiped out my backline because I didn’t realise I had to move them forward ¬_¬

8. adonf says:

“talking about the weather, cats and how tired we feel”

Nothing about what you’re eating, especially when it’s sandwiches ?

Oozo says:

There are a whole lot of details on the consumption of tea, though.

9. Jumwa says:

Very nice. Have had my eye on this game for a while and now it’s all mine.

Thanks for the headsup!

10. Alaric says:

I now follow you dang Brits on Twitter. Good things better start happening to me soon. Or else!

11. Berzee says:

SOCIAL MEDIA SOCIALMEDIA

12. Giant, fussy whingebag says:

That twitter profile picture of the hivemind is thoroughly disturbing…

13. Saiko Kila says:

My first thought after reading this on sensitive-data-collecting-and-dealing-it-to-security-agencies-site: why “o” in “GoG” is not capitalized?

14. Donkeyfumbler says:

Please don’t post some stuff only on Twitter though.

Nothing wrong with the website or RSS and some of us (i.e. me) still don’t get the whole point of Twitter. Then again, I’m old and don’t feel that, if I find out about something 30 minutes after someone else, then the world is likely to end.

• Lewie Procter says:

You can follow someone on twitter via RSS if you want.

• Mana_Garmr says:

What if what they find out 30 minutes before you is that the world is ending? That’s a wasted half hour right there.

• Donkeyfumbler says:

Thanks Lewie – thought I had read somewhere that was possible. Thing is, I have so many RSS feeds already (including Savygamer of course :)) that I already seem to spend more time catching up with them than almost anything else I do in the day, including work. I could really do without having to have both the RPS proper RSS feed AND the RSS twitter feed in Google Reader at the same time. both telling me almost exactly the same thing.

If I thought Twitter could give me that kind of world-ending info then I’d probably be following it, but from what I can see, it appears to be lots of people trying to sound important/interesting/funny whilst telling me what they had for breakfast. If I wanted to read shit all day, It would be easier to just have the Daily Mail delivered each morning.

15. Demiath says:

As someone who just played 130 hours of King’s Bounty (The Legend + Crossworlds version of the Armored Princess campaign), I can safely say that KB for 2,5 anything is worth it…

• Veracity says:

Children?

Also possibly more sensible than Platinum if you’ve not yet played the Legend. They’re good, but they’re also extraordinarily long. People seem fairly commonly to burn out even by the end of Legend, never mind the other two (or one and a half, whatever).

• Demiath says:

2,5 of someone else’s children, then. I really thought I was burned out by the end of The Legend but Armored Princess sucked me right back in with the help of its much improved pacing (not to be confused with overall length, of course, as AP took me even more time to finish than TL).

16. DJ Phantoon says:

No link to Karen Gillan’s twitter?

drewski says:

After steadfastly refusing to touch Twitter, I finally submitted, and now follow nearly 50 people.

I refuse to actually tweet though, on the basis that 1) I have nothing to say and 2) I have no followers to read what I say.

• applecup says:

But having nothing to say only makes it -more- imperative that you tweet.

18. deanimate says:

CATS!

Chaz says:

Sold! I’ve been meaning to buy this for yonks now. Would be stupid not to at that price.

20. Tim Smith says:

No. NOOOOO.
    How dare you move ever closer to teh mainstream.

21. pakoito says:

I don’t follow any of you.

22. bill says:

I got it free of greenman a long time back, and i’m in the middle of playing it now. It has a lot of charm, and i’m enjoying exploring…. but…

Does the combat ever get tactical? Or am I missing something obvious?
    It seems like the arenas are too small, position is unimportant, and there are too many units with too many special abilities. Plus no ability to rearrange your troops or have a reserve (without getting the skills) means that it’s not really a case of countering the enemy but just a big bundle in the middle.

There rarely seems any advantage to positioning. There rarely seems any need to move forward. There isn’t an easy way to select troops that counter the troops you face. So each battle I just stand at the back, and take out enemy units one by one as they get close. Sometimes i find enemies that have specific strengths and weaknesses, but the arenas are too small to counter their strengths, and i don’t have the right troop types to exploit their weaknesses – so i just blast them one by one.

this feels like it’d be so great if I had to cleverly position my troops or block the enemy. Sigh.