EA Developing Medal Of Honour Sequel

By Quintin Smith on February 21st, 2011 at 9:30 am.

If he removed the backwards cap there would be another, smaller backwards cap beneath it

Who’d have thought it? EA is pregnant with the manshoot baby once again. Joystiq brings words of a blog post from MoH executive producer Greg Goodrich saying that “Yes, Danger Close is currently working on the next Medal of Honor.” He also says “Medal of Honor was a big success with over 5 million copies sold,” and, you know, all sorts of things about medals and honor. Read the full announcement after the jump.

Because it is the beginning of the week and I have energy, I’ve even replicated his little gravatar thing at the top.

i love to reload during a battle

Yes, Danger Close is currently working on the next Medal of Honor.

Just recently, EA announced that the reboot of Medal of Honor was a big success with over 5 million copies sold. We wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for supporting us, our new studio and our storied franchise. We would especially like to thank all of the long time Medal of Honor fans out there who have stuck with us over the years.

Since our launch last October, we’ve studied, listened and absorbed much of your feedback and are very excited to be marching forward on the next title. We can’t wait to tell you more about it, so check back often to the website and the fan page on Facebook.

As you all know, our goal was to tell the story of today’s soldier and to do so with the utmost respect and reverence. We’ve received many letters, emails and messages from active servicemen and women from around the world, along with veterans and their families, with appreciation for our recent depiction of their community. I can’t tell you how important this is to everyone here at Danger Close Games. You are the heartbeat of this team and this franchise and we are privileged and honored to tell your story. Medal of Honor has always been fueled by the passion of our fans and the commitment and sacrifice shown by the men and women of our armed services.

It’s going to be a fun ride for the Medal of Honor franchise. We are happy to have you aboard.

Greg Goodrich
Executive Producer
Medal of Honor

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Brumisator says:

Well I’ll be damned.
    I hope not too many people will be suckered in by the sequel, seen how bad the previous MoH was.

• Hmm-Hmm. says:

Well, we can hope they won’t.. but time and again the masses have shown their tastes.

2. Njordsk says:

Don’t care stop BF3 stop all I need stop

tomeoftom says:

Ahahahaha both these alt-texts are the best

4. poop says:

FUCK THIS NEW COD GAME IS LOOKING EXCELLENT ALREADY

5. BooleanBob says:

I have a friend who swears by the multiplayer; genuinely thinks it beats out the CoDs and BFBCs with its weird mix of DICE and Infinity Ward apery. He mostly just sits back sniping teh noobs on matchmaking but whatever makes you happy I guess.

Also “EA is pregnant with the manshoot baby once again.”? Yeah thanks for making my start to the week that much more stomach churning, Quinns.

You monster.

6. Vadermath says:

“…we are privileged and HONORED to tell your story…”

Please, take the time to correct the press release grammar, Quinns.

stahlwerk says:

“storied franchise” is a weird combination of words. Mostly because it makes me think of two-story McDonald’s restaurants instead of shootygames, but that may be just my empty stomach speaking.

8. Bodylotion says:

Medal Of Honor (2010) wasn’t that bad but the lack of maps, variety, guns, players made it fun for like 20 hours or something. I myself played it like 15 hours untill now (the multiplayer) i want to play it from time to time but somehow i get kicked off servers even though i updated punkbuster.

9. Zogtee says:

PC version confirmed, then?

stahlwerk says:

Why wouldn’t there be one? The question with “franchises” like these is rather if the iPad app will be released before or after the wii rail-shooter version.

10. Comradebluesky says:

“EA is pregnant with the manshoot baby once again.” Disturbing *and* hilarious.

11. Rasputinator says:

“Medal of Honor was a big success with over 5 million copies sold”

Yes it was a success in selling lots of copies to the masses (which itself is saddening that such a game sold so many), but it sure as hell wasn’t a success at being a decent game.

Maybe they can use the money they made to hire more competent developers!

12. konrad_ha says:

In other news: rain still wet, sun will rise in the morning.

13. rocketman71 says:

EA?. MoH?.

Big MEH.

14. Juiceman says:

I liked MOH a lot.

*Commence flaming*

It was a believable story, something that I found thoroughly refreshing. And if you didn’t rush into every encounter like you were playing MW2, and actually tried working with your team instead of doing your own thing, it played out very well and the scripting sequences everyone complained about weren’t noticeable at all. I didn’t think the MP was bad, some people don’t like it, but to each their own. It could of used some tweaking, but overall it wasn’t the crap shoot that everyone screamed bloody murder over.
    I find most people who don’t like MOH didn’t want to like it before it even came out. I expect the sequel will suffer from the same criticism.

• Corrupt_Tiki says:

ArmA 2 has ruined manshoots forever for me, I only play 1 other manshoot, which is CSS, and I don’t even shoot people in it, I’m a surfer \m/ XD

• Juiceman says:

I find ArmA tries to do too much and just becomes awkward which takes away from the experience. It expects you to take control of too many things in situations where equal amounts of teamwork is how actual soldiers fight.

• Kadayi says:

Likewise. I didn’t think it was perfect, but for what it was I thought it was a decent stab (and less overblown like MW2) . I expect that the developers will have taken on board the criticisms they’ve received , address the weaknesses and hone the game play of the sequel. EA have a good record of late making better sequels (ME2, DS2).

Also love me the Arma 2 (I play in a hardcore tactical clan), but occasionally you want something a bit lighter on an evening.

• Jimbo says:

Yeah I enjoyed the campaign quite a bit too for what it was. I wanted to keep playing at the end at least, which is something. The multiplayer seems completely redundant though given all the other games with near identical multiplayer.

15. Teddy Leach says:

It’ll be brown and have shootable terrorists. The plot will probably involve nuclear weapons and the threat of WW3. I’ll pass.

16. Xercies says:

I wonder if 5 milllion sales actually gave them any profit since they spent a load on the game and marketing…

• bigtoeohno says:

Even if they made only 10 bucks profit per copy that 50 million right there and that’s a well modest estimate.

• Calabi says:

If there not making profits with that kind of sales then they should stop making games and try something more profitable, like opening a Laundret.

17. MichaelPalin says:

So, can we stop saying that EA has changed and is all about creativity and Activision is the bad guy because they only exploit franchises and blahblahblah?

In fact, I think they are swapping positions right now, EA is just a few plastic peripherals away from Activision.

18. Talorc says:

Is prominently product placing Mr Beard Man’s (virtual) Oakley Sunglasses in the header image part of the new monetis(z)ation strategy around here?

• Juiceman says:

Hate to break it to you, but Oakley’s are pretty common place among cops and soldiers. It’s to the point where you might as well be saying the Colt M4A1 is product placement.

19. MeestaNob says:

By the same logic, Spiderman 3 was a ‘big success’ as lots of people went to see it, if only to discover it was complete SHIT.

The Medal of Honour reboot is no different.

jezcentral says:

But….but….Spiderman 3 WAS a big success. Yes, it was an awful movie, but was it a success? Absolutely. What other logic are the film-makers, and EA supposed to use?

20. phenom_x8 says:

Looks like its clear why EA halt Mirrors Edge sequel.
    I know where you’re going by this EA! Don’t be such a moron by following activision COD step!

21. nuh uh no way says:

Yawn.

22. Mccy_McFlinn says:

I quite enjoyed the first one. I liked the rather dry and mechanical delivery of the single-player. The shooting was far more satisfying than CoD. And the missions themselves were fun enough to blast through. I never played the multiplayer so can’t comment on that.

• Misnomer says:

I agree. Shame this comment section is so filled with trolling about Call of Duty type games. You can tell the few commentors who actually played the single player. If anything I am excited by the possibility that Danger Close might do the entire game (and on one engine with Frostbite 2).

I really enjoyed the single player pacing and while it certainly let you shoot a lot more guys than you would in real life, most of the veterans I read about who played it felt it did a decent job.The SP reminded me of so many books and documentaries about the war I have read. I haven’t had that type of FPS game experience since the original Call of Duty…and that mostly took its stuff from WW2 movies.

• patricij says:

I’m jumping on the (much smaller) bandwagon… I do think it is a decent game, I’ve got back 35quid worth of fun myself – the story sucked me in (I really like the way the colonel in a field versus the general thousands of miles away plays out), manshoot is satisfying (especially in the multiplayer…it feels MEATY), I rather like the authentic military lingo (I freak my friends with it, hehe) and hey…it’s just…a good game, damnit. Why so much hate? So you didn’t like it (have you even played it?), big deal…that’s no reason to bury it six feet under.

23. Pointless Puppies says:

So let me get this straight. THIS was greenlit for a sequel and Mirror’s Edge wasn’t?

Excuse me while I go vomit fire.

• Icarus says:

A thousand times this, yes.

• Kadayi says:

I don’t think a Mirrors Edge sequel has entirely been ruled out some time in the future, but right now it’s on the back burner. From a business perspective it makes perfect sense to back a game that will deliver sales, especially in the present economic climate.

• Mman says:

One of the Mirror’s Edge developers posted something on Twitter that heavily suggested that ME2 being canceled was just speculation.

• patricij says:

So what? I don’t really care for ME2, I didn’t like ME1 all that much…by the logic of the commenters around, I should proclaim my opinion as universal and demand no more ME’s ever appearing…

24. DXN says:

.. and explosions. The utmost explosions.

• phertiker says:

This comment system needs some kind of up-rank nonsense because that was priceless.

Fitzmogwai says:

I am filled with inertia. Ennui steals into my very bones. The dark is all-encompassing, and the promise of yet another MoH game is simply a further shovelful of earth rattling on the coffin lid of existence.

26. phertiker says:

It was? It DID?! Did I get a different game or what?

Don’t get me wrong, the multiplayer is sort of fun. It’s a nice COD alternative to BC2 or Arma 2 without actually being COD. It’s what I play when I barely care about teamwork and only have like 8 minutes to actually game.

27. Jason Moyer says:

I enjoyed the singleplayer more than the last 3 CoD’s, although I guess that isn’t saying much. It had the best lean system in anything I’ve played in years, it had varied gameplay with solid pacing, it had a story grounded in a real conflict (as hokey as it was), the guns felt great, the AI actually did something besides being bullet sponges, and there was enough of both the RAH RAH Ranger bits and the stealthy spec ops sections to keep me interested. Dunno if I care about the sequel though, tbh.

• patricij says:

THIS. Except for the last sentence, I do care for the sequel.

28. bill says:

I played my first war manshooter yesterday. Despite playing games for decades, and loads of FPSes, i’d somehow managed to avoid all the WW2 and modern Warfare brigade, Not purposefully, just luck. Closest i came was Hidden & Dangerous.

But i’d picked up Brothers in Arms: hill 30 in the steam sale, and i’d heard it got ok reviews.

God it was dull. I thought that bulletstorm joke game was a bit lame after watching the video, but after playing 30 minutes of BIA it was actually perfectly realistic. Not even a joke, just a clone. Totally linear, running down very narrow corridors of low fences that i can’t cross, and shooting pairs of germans behind a wall every 200 meters.

Are they all like this?? What’s worse, it was clearly a console port with checkpoints, and when i got to the point where they kept making me replay a boring 5 minute stretch to get to the hard part. I gave up and uninstalled.
    I’m usually super tolerant gamer guy, but that had to be one of the most boring games i’ve ever played. Nothing redeeming at all.
    Are they all like this???