It’s Modern Warfare 3, A Hoax Then

By Alec Meer on February 25th, 2011 at 6:24 pm.

That is not Modern Warfare 3. That is Modern Warfare 2. But there's an outside chance they'll look a bit similar, eh?

Update: As vaguely suspected, it’s a hoax after all. A slightly boring hoax. Well done, boring hoaxers.

Surprise! I’ve just broken into your house and stolen all your milk. No, that’s not the real surprise. The real surprise is that there’s going to be another Call of Duty game this year. No, that’s not a surprise either. The real surprise is that it sounds like we might see a bit of said game at GDC next week. At least, that’s according to a new web intersite called FindMakarov. Makarov is, you may recall, one of the baddies in Modern Warfare 2, as well as That Guy, Him and Wossiface.

This is all according to That Videogame Blog, which is claiming to have received some fake blood-smeared dogtags from Activision with the URL in question stamped on them. Haven’t heard of anyone else coming out of the woodwork as having these tags as yet, plus there’s no mention of Activision or any of their studios on the page source or via a domain lookup. – let’s go with it for now though. It seems real enough.

On the mystery site is an incredibly annoying, repetitive noise, and a timer suggesting something’s going to happen in just under 5 days. Why, that’s just next week!

Hopefully it’ll be online as well as on show at GDC, so we can all join in. So will this be Infinity Ward again, or at least what’s left of them, or the new ‘Beachead’ studio Activision has set up specifically to handle future Call of Duty projects? MYSTERIES.

, .

1. Sobric says:

Cool.

• westyfield says:

Cool of Duty.

• Astalano says:

Meh of Derp

• Teddy Leach says:

Call of Honour: Medal of Modern Duty

• faelnor says:

Let’s dust off my good ol’ war fps name generator. So;
      1. medal call brothers company march day band battle fields soldier
      2. of in
      3. duty honor brothers defeat victory triumph arms glory heroes war fortune valour
      4. add 'modern' and generate another name

call of heroes: modern day in fortune

• JibbSmart says:

“Brothers of Brothers: Modern Brothers in Brothers” may or may not be my next game.

• stahlwerk says:

Cool of Doody: Moody Woolfool.

Colthor says:

“Brothers in Brothers” could be one of the first-person genre’s greatest innovations.

And would give Fox News something else to get excited about.

• Farewell says:

Grenade of Grenade: Grenade Warfare 3

Napalm Sushi says:

What I find particularly amusing about the bombastic, chest-thumping, warrior-cultist titles of these kind of games is that they were all kicked off by a film called “Saving Private Ryan.”

The dissonance between that simple, almost innocent title and the grim violence of the film itself had an impact all of it’s own, far more so than the empty brain-farts about “honour” and “duty” that get plastered across our game boxes.

• Magrippinho says:

Creative Assembly marketing team takes over, renames franchise to “Warfare is Modern: Duty Calls”.

• Legionary says:

Modern BORE-fare more like. Do you see what I did there?

• Mashakosha says:

Cool of Story: Bro

• Lord Byte says:

“Cool of Story: Bro” <- This cracked me up! Someone make it!

lurkalisk says:

@Napalm Sushi

Except of course, for Medal of Honor, which was a title directed by (whatever that entails for a videogame) Steven Spielberg, the director of Saving Private Ryan, roughly a year apart. Not to mention that it was merely named after an actual medal awarded to US armed forces (rather than a simple “brain-fart”).

• westyfield says:

More like Hoax of Duty, amirite?

2. Nick says:

CoD is the new Guitar Hero, mark my words.

• Blandford says:

So can we expect Harmonix to get into the Modern FPS game market now?

• Unaco says:

Courtney Love is going to sue them?

Sagan says:

Or the new Tony Hawk.

• Bennus says:

He means sniper rifle controllers. The perfect childrens gift this chrimble.

• Maykael says:

If Call of Duty is Guitar Hero, then Battlefield is Rock Band. Rock Band III is the best music game ever or so say those who’ve played it (I didn’t, as I don’t give a fuck about rhythm games). By this sound piece of reasoning we should all pre-order Battlefield 3 and expect that Modern Warfarse 3 sells 3000 copies. Yep, that’s sounds about right.

• Ricc says:

There is another parallel. CoD doesn’t make you good at shooting guns, just like GH doesn’t teach you how to play the guitar. Except with CoD, everybody accepts that that is a good thing, probably.

• Jimbo says:

“CoD is the new Guitar Hero, mark my words.”

What a bold prediction…

• Nick says:

Oh sorry Jimbo, I forgot I needed your approval to post.

• Atomosk says:

Sooo, in a year or 2 Activision will decide they’ve thoroughly flooded the market and shut down Infinity Ward?

• rivalin says:

@Ricc HA HA! Yes! Except for those of us that aren’t communists or fascists, oh wait…

3. Jad says:

I was under the impression that this was by Infinity Ward, but they were struggling to complete it (probably because of all the leavings last year), and so Activision had roped in some other studios (ex-Sledghammer, I thought Raven too) to work on parts of the game. So I think the answer to your questions are both “Yes”.

Anyway, I’ve enjoyed the Call of Duty games in the past, I’ll probably enjoy this one too. It won’t be amazing, and it certainly won’t be worth the crazy amount of hype it will receive, but I’m also sure it won’t be worth the amount of vitriol that will be poured on it. It will be a shooter in the Call of Duty mold, nothing more and nothing less.

• Bhazor says:

Well pretty much everyone in Infinity Ward has left now. So even if its IW it aint really IW. Which might be a good thing really.

• DrGonzo says:

If by most of the studio has left you mean over 90% haven’t left. Then yes.

• Delusibeta says:

As I recall, the rumour I heard was that The Developer Formally Known As Infinity Ward and Raven were doing the single player and Sledgehammer was doing the multiplayer. Time will tell.

• McDan says:

Agreement with pretty much everyone on this, my favourite so far has been MW1, with the games leading up to it being brilliant as well. But yeah Blops was a dissappointment, so here’s hoping they can bring the (trademark?) fun back into their games. You can find a way to do it Infinity Ward.

• dragonhunter21 says:

Apparently, the main devs are Sledgehammer Entertainment, which WP oh-so-helpfully redirects to the Activision article, specifically the subsection on subsidiaries.

But yeah, quote-unquote “Infinity Ward” is still working on it. Kinda like how somebody who’s braindead is still working on living. It’s there, but the spirit’s gone. Or something

4. ShowMeTheMonkey says:

I can’t be alone in thinking this.
    I’m fed up with this flat, boring uninspired, garbage. I really am.
    They’re boring single player games with terrible pacing, toilet paper story and weak shooting.
    They’re boring multi player games with ridiculous pacing and weak shooting.

Let the series die already. Use the money to give creative people something that makes a statement and gets the player to think.

• xesharpx says:

Indeedy… I didn’t get through the single player mode of Black Ops, I gave up after I realised how tedious and boring the whole thing was… the point where Sympathy for the Devil kicks in was laughable… it almost seemed like they tried to replicate when John Marston crosses into Mexico and the José González song plays in RDR…

• DrGonzo says:

Yeah, I agree that Black Ops was really mediocre at best. But I still think Modern Warfare 1 and 2 were great fun single player games. Not only that but they had some of the most memorable action scenes from any game or film.

They obviously aren’t meant to be treated like the Half Life series or Metro 2033 for example, but they aren’t trying to be.

• Calneon says:

I think most people will echo this sentiment.

• HeavyStorm says:

The series prompted some breakthrough, in that FPS started seeming like a interactive movie rather than “just a game”. It come with costs, since the gameplay is crap and there is no challenge.

Blops had a fun story of a B movie. But NO gameplay, not even a crappy one.

• Xercies says:

Not going to happen if every year they keep selling billions of copies and have lavish parties that everyone goes to and people keep giving there games 9/10.

Shoot me now!

• Maykael says:

It’s quite strange to me what happened to the Call of Duty franchise. In just three games it managed to get me to dislike everything it represents. The first Modern Warfare was really great. A tightly scripted single player campaign that did not take itself too seriously and that was varied and consistently thrilling. And then disaster…

I think it is Modern Warfare 2 who’s gotten us all angry. It has all the ingredients. It was an undeserved success whose sales were based only the quality of the original Modern Warfare. I was truly excited when it was announced. What I got to play was only a lazy cash-in, a genuinely horrid PC port, a senseless story and the worst single-player campaign that Infinity Ward has ever designed/scripted. And yet this was the Call of Duty that was most played and bought. This was the game that practically emptied the fall release schedule in 2009. Black Ops continued this trend, though it was a bit better than Modern Warfare 2.

I think we are sick of what this series has become because of its disproportionate success in sales and ratings and its rather vile influence in the industry (see Medal of Honor).

• roryok says:

Have to agree with @DrGonzo, MW1 & 2 were good. Quite linear and a bit gung ho, but a bit of shooty fun.

As for the multiplayer, we are absolutely hooked on BlackOps at work, can’t get enough of it. Haven’t played the single player.

• Thants says:

What’s wrong with the PC port of MW2?

• MisterT says:

@Thants
      It turned your normal PC multiplayer into xbox live with more hacking.
      That, for many of *us* is a pretty bad thing, things like mods, servers, custom maps FOR FREE, more than 18 players and no host advantage are good things.

• Thants says:

Oh! You’re completely right, I forgot about all of that. I mostly just played the single-player.

5. Vadermath says:

Oh. Well, this could have an interesting story this time around!

Wait, I’m lying to myself; none of the studios involved have shown any kind of narrative creativity beyond the usual Hollywood military bollocks. But hey, they might have innovative gameplay elements now!

Wait, I’m doing it again; of course they won’t, seeing as the console kiddies couldn’t handle stuff like ‘leaning’, let alone any actual improvement on the gameplay and (god forbid!) some lack of linearity. But hey, maybe I’m wrong, perhaps they’ll try to please the PC gamers with this one?

Or, they’ll just reskin the last one on the same engine. Yep, that sounds about right.

6. woodsey says:

I propose that RPS pay no attention whatsoever to the game. No news posts, no previews, nothing.
    At least then I will be able to go to one site where I won’t have to filter through all the boring-arse posts, from now until launch, about a game that is essentially the same as the one that came out 4 years ago, just worse, and with an even more nonsensical plot.

• Bhazor says:

Hey I hated Modern Warfare before it was cool to hate Modern Warfare. It just felt so linear and old fashioned compared to Crysis which came out a week later.

I swear our generation will be expected to apologize to future generations for giving MW so much acclaim whilst Crysis almost sunk without trace.

• Unaco says:

I propose that RPS pay no attention whatsoever to Indie games. No news posts, no previews, nothing.
      At least then I will be able to go to one site where I won’t have to filter through all the boring-arse posts, from now until eternity, about games that are essentially the same as those made for the Commodore 64 and the ZX Spectrum, just worse, and with an even more nonsensical plot.

• Vadermath says:

Ah, but you see, indie games are actually different from each other. Like, a game mechanic, the theme, the plot, the setting, the story, whatever. MW games don’t actually change. Can you name how the last, err, 5 (maybe more, I don’t know) have changed the genre, or added any kind of improvement upon the cash-milking formula?

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

• kyrieee says:

I propose that RPS stops writing about videogames altogether

• Calneon says:

I see what you’re trying to do there Unaco, it didn’t work.

• Thants says:

I propose that people who hate Modern Warfare pay no attention whatsoever to posts about it. At least then I will be able to read one article about it without having to filter through all the boring-arse posts complaining about it.

• Xercies says:

@Vadermouth

Er…thats not at all true, how many platformers are there coming out of indie circles, diablo clones, and top down space shooters? Quite a lot actually.

7. Teddy Leach says:

What a shame.

• P3RF3CT D3ATH says:

All aboard the shame train!

• JFS says:

Hoot hoot!

• stahlwerk says:

Black Helicopter!

• Grey says:

Shame-a-what!

• Spacewalk says:

Yeah we sang shame-a-lame and we ran with the gang
      Doin’ doo wop be dooby do eye
      With the RPS playing and every body saying that
      Memes like ours wouldn’t die

Lambchops says:

Take the last train to Shamesville
      And I’ll meet you at the chopper
      I hope there’s not a bomb
      Planted by a suspicious rotter
      Don’t let it blow, oh no, no, no
      Oh, no, no no

8. Dreamhacker says:

…Whatever

9. faelnor says:

Every year, projects like LMNO, Mirror’s Edge 2, Come Midnight, Arx Fatalis 2, Edge of Twilight, Dungeon Keeper 3, Gorilla Nation, Beyond Good & Evil 2, etc. stop being funded to make more games like this.

I know it’s nigh impossible, but gamers who are fed up should find a way to federate and create a fund for games they want to see. Publishers with short term and one shot capitalistic interests can go to hell.

As Amnesia showed, I am sure there are enough of us to fund a small, motivated and skilled development team based even in a rich country. It wouldn’t generate dozens of millions, but it would be sustainable.

• roryok says:

Hear hear. I would pay good chunk of money a year to fund alternative games, on top of the actual cost of buying them. Would be great if someone like Valve offered free engines / support / studio space in exchange for publishing rights.

• xesharpx says:

That’s a nice idea, similar funding schemes exist for musicians- http://www.pledgemusic.com/ . I put some cash towards an Irish artist, Laura Sheeran, so she could record an album, I’d certainly fund interesting game development.

• Berzee says:

Isn’t Kickstarter a bit like this?

10. Guiscard says:

There should be a law against making a sequel to a game that makes no effort to be innovative. This franchise would rightly have been declared illegal after CoD 2.

11. cluddles says:

WARFACE!

12. Raziel_aXd says:

When will this die already…

• Centy says:

When it stops selling countless millions of copies. I am however all in favour of RPS not posting anything about it though. I already have to ignore so much nonsense.

• Raziel_aXd says:

@Centy, yes, I know, it’s pointless to ask something like that. RPS won’t stop covering it, although it seems the most vocal here are against the series. Which at least brings enough hope that not everyone has been brainwashed.

• Nova says:

But there is that silent majority lurking, sucking up all that sweet Call of Duty news.
      It would be like a movie site not writing about Avatar or something.

• Consumatopia says:

It’s like Sarah Palin in American news–all the clickthroughs are driven by haters.

13. JohnnyMaverik says:

Well I for one never saw that coming…

14. godkingemperor says:

THATS RIGHT KIDS
    YOU TOO COULD JOIN THE ARMY
    ITS TOTALLY COOL
    DIE FOR THE BUSINESS INTERESTS OF UNCLE SAM
    YEAH AWESOME

i cant help but be disturbed by the amount of children who are obsessed with this game. and i mean children. 8-12.

Earl-Grey says:

The first Modern Warfare atleast made a slight mention of the fact that war really is quite shit.
      But I agree, children obsessed by videogames like this make me sad.
      Venturing online in the CoDs can at times ruin ones faith in humanity.
      -but then again, it’s far from the only thing to do so these days.
      *shakes angry internet fist at society*

Joshua says:

Yep. The Modern Warfare games are actually quite anti War. The invasion of Al Assad’s country was a nice mirror to the Iraq war (lots of people end up dead, without anyone having actually achieved anything, except that there was one big IED instead of several hundreds), and MW2 is an attack on blindly following orders (Everything that TF141 does bassicly ***** up the world, per order of Shepard, untill Price takes over).

• Thants says:

THATS RIGHT KIDS
      YOU TOO COULD JOIN THE ARMY
      ITS TOTALLY COOL
      DIE FOR THE BUSINESS INTERESTS OF UNCLE SAM
      YEAH AWESOME

SCREW THINGS UP AND DIE SLOWLY IN A NUCLEAR WASTELAND
      OR GET BETRAYED AND SHOT IN THE FACE BY YOUR SUPERIOR

15. Paravel says:

I won’t be buying into any more of this franchise. After Black Ops stole my lunch money for a week, I am bitter. That being said, I still play MW2 daily, and that’s as far as I’ll go chasing the Call of Duty rainbow.

16. Torgen says:

I wish RPS would develop technology for their site that would prevent readers from being forced to click and read links to articles they don’t like.

• Raziel_aXd says:

Also, technology that would stop developers milking the same cow over and over.

17. stahlwerk says:

Did we just wreck another server via RPS DDoS? The site doesn’t load for me, how will I get my timer with obnoxious noise fix now? MODERN SADFACE 3: THE SADDENING

18. kastanok says:

This news only depresses me. Another one? Really? After the whole debacle last time? Sigh…

19. bit_crusherrr says:

I sure can’t wait for “Ramirez defend burger town 3″

20. contzero says:

this time including a controversial “arab uprisings” level that you can skip if it’s “too early”

21. ru_disa says:

Can we just not talk about this at all?

22. Gonefornow says:

Everytime somebody says “That Guy” I think of TNM.

I should replay it again.

23. Marshall Stele says:

What’s that you said, Tali? “Oh here we go”?

24. Zecrah says:

I condemn this madness. *Waves his sceptre at the screen* BEGONE.

25. pipman3000 says:

everyone who enjoys modern warfare games is some kind of stupid primate.

am i cool now?

26. Kadayi says:

Having squeezed out as much of the profitability of Activision as he can, at the expense of not investing in new franchises (who needs new IPs after all)) and now having put the boot fully into Guitar Hero as well. Anyone else think that Kotick is going to pull a disappearing trick sometime soon, before the horror story of how he’s successfully run the publisher into the ground (in the long term) becomes abundantly clear?

27. P3RF3CT D3ATH says:

The 12 year old kids & frat boys will lap this shit up off of Kotick’s cock.

28. etho says:

I thought that when the honchos of IW left Activision, Activision kept the Call Of Duty name (and possibly Modern Warfare?) but the IW guys kept the rights to the characters and story. So this could be the sequel to MW2, only called something else, like Scots Wif Guns.

29. bascule42 says:

Oh fuck-a-doodle-do. Or doodle-don’t as is the case here.

30. prowlinger says:

Call of Poo-dy

I am totally over this franchise also…

Hell… create something innovative… no more rail gun linear mindless idiotic AI typical 12 year-old branded shooters!!!

Whatever happened to Dave Perry and Sacrifice… those days were great…. and that game was at the high point of creativity in game design…

• Spooty says:

” no more rail gun linear mindless idiotic AI typical 12 year-old branded shooters!!!”

Railguns on the other hand are awesome. God Bless John Carmack and long live Quake 3 Arena!

• 7rigger says:

“12 year-old branded shooters!!!”

Quake 3 was released in 1999, (ok, December ’99) which means it will be 12 when MW3 is released. It is a brand. You’re just talking about Quake in code aren’t you?

*edit* Don’t the COD games use the Q3 engine? I know everything up to Modern Warfare 1 did. Is that what you are complaining about?

31. Outsider says:

Uh oh, a Call of Duty post at RPS, turn on the eye faucets!

Call of Duty: Modern Whinefare 3

32. Kaira- says:

I’ve found CoD games to be quite entertaining in their own right. Nothing spectacular, but a good choice for 30€. Except I’ll never again touch the multiplayer after being called a cheater for ‘hardscoping’. What do you want me to do with the sniper rifle, whack somebody to death instead of shooting?

33. Eightball says:

(I’m quite guilty of this though and I’m not really excited for another MW game)

34. edit says:

Call of Samey: Modern Gaming

HermitUK says:

Where in the World is Generic Russian Bad Guy?

36. Hybrid says:

This won’t be on my want list as I could care less about CoD. There’s way more games I would rather have: Portal 2, Diablo III, Battlefield 3, Monaco, Elder Scrolls V, and a hell of a lot I have yet to play in my “bought-really-cheap-during-insane-steam-sales-and-haven’t-had-the-time-to-play-it-yet” list.

• Kaira- says:

To be a grammar nazi, it’s “I couldn’t care less”. Just saying.

• Hybrid says:

*Gasp!* I forgot three whole characters! Thank you for pointing out my grievous mistake.

• Kaira- says:

You shall live to see another day. This time.

• Thants says:

The number of characters isn’t directly proportional to their effect on the meaning of a sentence, especially when they’re a form of the word “not”.

• rayne117 says:

Looks like we need the “Common Sense” Nazis for you as well as the Grammar Nazis, Hybrid.

“I could care less” means you actually have some care for the thing you claim to hate and not care about.

“I couldn’t (could not) care less” means you literally have zero care you could give to something, which is what you were implying.

37. shadders says:

Why the haters? – A lot crap games come out every year (I would label the majority in this bracket). Just because the media want to throw it down your throats doesn’t mean you have to sit up and take notice! MW3 will be very average, far fetched and dumb downed – but are these not integral characteristics of the Call of Duty series? I enjoyed Call of Duty 1 and 2, but they were completely ridiculous in hindsight!

Unfortunately PC games have been in decline ever since the advent of 3D graphics and huge publishers. MW3 is just a continuation of this decline.

At least Minecraft keeps me happy!

• Wilson says:

I think it’s a bit over the top to say games have been in decline since ‘the advent of 3D cards and huge publishers’. Perhaps your expectations/standards have increased rather than quality declining? It’s silly to dismiss most PC games with huge sweeping statements.

• Spooty says:

Minecraft is in 3D and is new.

38. mkultra says:

Uh-oh. Their last cashcow push before they can the series. Jesus has returned.

39. loshon says:

You know, that screenshot it actually from Modern Warfare 1, not 2.

Just thought I’d point that out.

• Snuffy the Evil says:

Well, they’re practically the same game, aren’t they?

40. Grey says:

IT’S A HOAX!

I really really hope it’s a hoax.

41. wazups2x says:

Why are people still purchase COD games? You’re paying for the same game once every year.

• ezekiel2517 says:

I realized this after buying 2 of them :(

I wish I had my 60 dollars back (I don’t regret buying ONE of them).

• Dervish says:

And? If you like a game, it makes sense to keep buying additional levels as long as you want to keep playing it. I bought the FEAR expansions because I just wanted some new areas to shoot guys in, with a couple new enemies and weapons. COD games are the same, only more expensive.

The difference between me and the major gaming sites is that I would review them accordingly, with only a paragraph or two explaining the notable changes since the last title.

42. Spooty says:

Please stop reporting on CoD games. They are terrible.

While your articles on it are still very entertaining, you all more than make up for it on otherwise interesting news.

• Kaira- says:

I’d say CoD games are usually either mediocre or good, depending on game and the mood. And if I am not wrong, CoD is one of the most sold franchise on PC, so it would make sense to report if there’s a new game coming. I know it’s cool to jump the hating bandwagon on anything that’s popular, but please. Here’s a quote on RPS’s About-page:
      RPS is about PC gaming – all of PC gaming, rather than just one of the weird and wonderful niches most other PC-centric sites confine themselves to

So while having that on mind, I’d think it shouldn’t be too hard to avoid at least one of the following:
      a) Opening an article about game series you hate
      or if that failed
      b) Writing into the comment field about how you’d wish that gaming site Z would not report about game series X
      or even if that failed
      c) pressing that “Opinion, away!” button. Sure, it’s red and tempting you to press it, but I’d wager you still have some control over yourself.

43. turble says:

Nice! I’m glad I saved the last $60 they charged everyone. At least now i’ll be able to save an additional $60 – $70+ on the next one too!

44. ChromeBallz says:

Activision: “OMG guys EA just announced Battlefield 3! We can’t let them steal any of our sales, quick, announce Modern Warfare 3 so people will forget about Battlefield 3!”

Lo and behold, the site was registered just about a week after the BF3 announcement.

Of course, it was bound to be announced at some point anyway, though i should point people to the fact that this is rather early – MW2 and BO were announced a month or 2 later. I can only assume that AV is trying to limit the BF3 marketing campaign somehow (showing how much their marketing department actually knows – They’ve been coasting on CoD4′s success rather than inventing new stuff).

45. DainIronfoot says:

So my friend has one of those Xbox thingies. He plays CoD a lot. All the console owning people I know do.

They have the new CoD. I would not know it if I didn’t follow games. It’s almost exactly the same as modern warfare 2. This’ll likely be the same won’t it?

46. Madlukelcm says:

Been playing Black Ops and honestly think that the Nazi Zombies is better than anything else in the game. No CoD game has really impressed me greatly so far, but Black Ops has been fun enough. This on the other hand I will likely skip, considering all of the other great titles we have to look forward to.

47. enobayram says:

“Buy all the DLCs otherwise I’ll make your multiplayer experience pure frustration Warfare 3″ yaaay!

48. Bilbo says:

Well, I didn’t care anyway. And you’re right, it’s a *damn* boring hoax – the real trick would be to convince us they AREN’T making a modern warfare 3.

49. Baka says:

What a twist!

50. etho says:

I’ve generally had moderately good experiences with the series. My trick has been to only play the even numbered games. I didn’t really have anything to play the first one on, but I enjoyed the second one. I know better than to buy things developed by Treyarch, so I’ve skipped those. But CoD2 and MW 1 and 2 were all at least entertaining to me. I think of them like candy. Not really good for me, enjoyable from time to time, and if I gorge on it constantly it starts to make me feel ill.

So, yeah, I neither hate nor love the series, and since I skipped Blops, I may give whatever comes next a shot. Unless it is by Treyarch, cause that team is the worst.

• Bilbo says:

Wow, a call of duty player who skips the treyarch games. You are original and unique.

Black Ops is well worth a look. Skipping games simply because you’re prejudiced against the studio seems a bit weird, given that said studio is using tech being developed all over the place and there are intervening years between the games. Sometimes? Things improve. It isn’t always a downhill spiral.

• Lilliput King says:

etho: So you haven’t played any of Treyarch’s games? How do you know they’re bad?

• Bilbo says:

Exaaaaactly.

• etho says:

Oh, I’ve played several Treyarch games. Hell, I’ve played all of their CoD games, except Blops, because I have friends that bought them. And before they became the CoD B-Team, they made several other games, many of which I played, and most of which were not very good.

My opinion of them is not based on ignorance, it is based on my own experience.

• Bilbo says:

Yeah, when you said you’d “skipped them”, we thought you meant it. Our bad, I guess.

• Pamplemousse says: