Orcs Must Die Also Has A Trailer

By Jim Rossignol on February 25th, 2011 at 4:34 pm.

You can read about Robot Entertainment’s new game, Orcs Must Die, in the feature below. Then, with these thoughts in mind, cast your laser-like gaze on the seventy three seconds of footage that we’ve got hidden somewhere in this post.

, .

1. JibbSmart says:

That looks like heaps of fun.

2. Chakawi says:

This looks like it’s going to be a blast to play! :)

3. McDan says:

I couldn’t find the hidden trailer, know I’ll never know wwhat this game looks like. Woe is me.

4. imirk says:

Don’t be foolt there are only 60 seconds of footage and 13 seconds of wrapper stuff telling you the name, website etc. I demand an additional 13 seconds of footage!

5. Koozer says:

But does it have co-op? Please for the love of god give me co-op.

6. Bhazor says:

Sort of like a cartoony Iron Storm?
    I approve.

Strand says:

My original thought was Dungeon Defenders, which definitely has co-op.

With the haphazard announcements surrounding DD (here’s the UDK demo | now the name’s changed | hey, it’s been pushed back | oh, here’s a mobile version instead | ah, it’s been pushed back again and may be released for consoles first), OMD could actually grace our PCs sooner.

I can’t figure out which one I’m looking forward to most.

• dadioflex says:

You played a very different Iron Storm to the one I did. The one I played was a Save/Load integrity tester through a medium of 100% accurate mob sniping. I don’t even remember the multiplayer being that different from anything else at the time, though I seemed to stay alive slightly longer than I did in the SP campaign.

Excellent setting though, just wish I’d had the skills and patience to see more of it.

That thing in the video up there? There’s your Dungeon Keeper spiritual successor. Not a remake, a successor. Pre-order for sure.

7. Gazanator101 says:

What did Orcs ever do to you? :(

8. Kdansky says:

That is an incredible amount of Teal/Orange in there. It’s really quite staggering.

• Plopsworth says:

But I wouldn’t call that teal. It’s more slate-blue/purple, and it’s not filtered. There’s a healthy range of colour instead of strictly bilinear. His skin isn’t even New-Jersey-orange. :P

The lighting does looks a bit like when 3D-acceleration first began to support coloured lighting. *nostalgic sigh*

9. Prolepsis says:

So it’s this:

plus this:

Sweet!

• SpinalJack says:

I loved Tecmo’s Deception and Trapt even with their stupid names.
      I think having swarms of enemies as well as bosses adds a nice touch to it.

10. TaroYamada says:

Interest piqued.

11. Blaq says:

A Tower Defence game in third person that allows you to smack the actual mobs in the face? Oh, do want!

12. Recidivist says:

Co-op and I shall purchayyyyyyyyyyse.

13. Darko Drako says:

Looks fun, will get this.

14. Xan says:

Nobody compared this to Dungeon Defenders yet? Shame on you!

It’s a lot more corny and cartoony then Orcs Must Die sadly.

15. Corrupt_Tiki says:

This game looks like an instant little classic, colour me excited.

16. Kieron Gillen says:

I like the bit where the Orcs died.

I’m all over this one, I suspect.

KG

17. Ergonomic Cat says:

I hope that, someday, we’ll come to a point where “games” promoting violence and destruction against our most oppressed citizens will not be held up as “fun” “awesome” and “OMG he totally squashed that orc with a chandelier, that’s so cool.”

Someday.

GREEN OR GO HOME!

18. adonf says:

The Mpeg compression in this is horrible. I don’t understand how you can say anything about this game judging from this pixel soup.

Or maybe it’s just because my computer is too slow, but for this I blame the Shogun 2 Flash ads on this site (Seriously RPS , 50% CPU just to keep the page open, wtf? I un-adblocked this site a couple of months ago to support you but that’s just ridiculous)