Hunted: The Demon’s Forge Gets Map Creator

By Quintin Smith on March 1st, 2011 at 12:30 pm.

Looking a bit bare bones, isn't it

Eurogamer has the latest on hack’n'slash co-op goodtime Hunted: The Demon’s Forge and its enigmatic Crucible mode, which, not unlike a restaurant serving griddled cat, has been spotted on the menu but not discussed.

Turns out Crucible is where you’ll be spending all the gold picked up in the main campaign, using it to make your very own maps and share them with your friends. I’d expect a very basic interface, what with Hunted primarily being a release for the console machines, but it could be curious nonetheless.

Here’s the word from inXile founder Matt Finley.

“This is a map creation system, which will allow you to… Basically we want users to be able to create maps and share them with their friends. And you’ll be able to take your characters through maps.”

Yep. That’s about it. He goes on to talk about the game being between 12 and 20 hours long, that inXile aren’t ready to talk about demos yet, and that “If Hunted is very very successful I think you’re going to see more of them.” Amazing!

If you’d like to know a little more about Hunted, you’ll find my recent Eurogamer impressions here and 16 minutes of footage below. 16! That’s almost an episode of television! Except with no adverts. Although I guess it’s basically one long advert. So… yes.

, .

1. Flameberge says:

Um. Hmm.
    I am yet to read your words, but the in-game footage was very… um… mediocre. And surprisingly dull. I was expecting better pacing, not just a trickle of grunts. The first 5 minutes was especially boring.

That’s a real shame, I was really hoping this was going to be a low-brow treat. But now I’m not so sure. But hey, it’s only a 15minute video, so I’d be stupid to make my decision on the game based on it.

2. DigitalSignalX says:

From the vid, looks sort of like a really well made oblivion mod. That’s good enough for me to consider it.

Anthile says:

Only interesting thing about this seems to be the the co-op. I will wait for a demo.

4. Blaq says:

Good to see the elf chick isn’t one of the people who take protection over looks. More of this sort of thing I say (like there wasn’t enough of it)!

The game looks interesting, but I get a feeling that I’ll be bored a few hours in. It’s just a feeling mind you.

Okami says:

While it doesn’t look like the most polished game in the world, I’m rather intrigued by the title and I’m sure I’m going to have some fun with it. But I’d wish more developers would take a look at this:

6. mkultra says:

Side boob wins.

7. outoffeelinsobad says:

Yeah, the devs definitely sound like morans. Though, I’m thinking that’s probably because they all had similar talking points and the interviewer probably wanted nice soundbites.

Regardless, I am excited about this level editor business. I often find dev kits too unrestrictive, so I get overwhelmed and stop using them. Just a bit of the old tile-placing would be nice for my small mind, I think.