Ghostbusters: Sanctum Of Slime MP Trailer

By Quintin Smith on March 9th, 2011 at 3:35 pm.

Are demons ghosts? I suppose you take the work you get in a recession.

Atari’s lightweight Ghostbusters game Sanctum of Slime arrives this month on March 23rd, which is eight days after Shogun 2, five days after both Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and Homefront and two days before Crysis 2 and The Sims Medieval. So many games! So close together! And lest we forget, games, like breasts, are best when they are pressed close together. If you told me this time last year that I’d be enjoying this many games so close together, I don’t know what I would have done. I’d probably have hit you.

Anyway, perpetual news machine Blues News notes that Sanctum of Slime has a new multiplayer trailer out, and I’ve trapped it in the Ecto-Containment Unit after the jump.

Hm. Take a look for yourself. I can’t help but think that this footage makes the crush of games at the end of this month that little bit less intimidating, you know? The action looks so messy, out-of-control and distant. I reckon I’ll let the other guys take a look at this one.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. Gundato says:

They are crossing the streams. Almost constantly…

• KilgoreTrout_XL says:

“Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.”

• Peter Radiator Full Pig says:

I hope you play as the ghosts, as the busters need stream training, badly.

2. Axyl says:

that does look pretty poor. :(

3. Mr Chug says:

I’m just gutted that AC:B and Shogun 2 are out at about the same time. I ONLY HAVE SO MUCH TIME, PUBLISHERS.

4. tomeoftom says:

Might just use the regular emergency services for this one.

5. Richard Beer says:

So what would you do, Quinns, if I told you you’d be enjoying almost no games spread very far apart? (i.e. like legs, not breasts).

6. SpaceAkers says:

you know what’s better than that game footage?

GHOSTBUSTERS QUOTES!!

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist!!!

see?

7. sassy says:

The last ghostbusters game (apart from being a buggy mess that had to be ran in low cpu priority to get a good framerate) was a fantastic game that completely captured the feel of the movies. This? looks like a cheap cash-in.

• Cooper says:

Agreed. The last game, though not amazing, was an interesting divergence from the norms of corridor shooters. And was occasionally genuinely funny. in the occasionally genuinely funny way the movies are.

This looks like a steaming pile of poo by comparison

• Gabe McGrath says:

I was lucky to have only picked up the Activision AAA Ghostbusters game recently, and I had very few bug issues. And – having a brand new PC – meant that it ran beautifully at 1920 x 1080.

Yes – there were frustrations in the game (many of which were mentioned in the review James Allen links to below) but for me… the “Hey! I’m a ghostbuster WOOO HOO!” factor (thanks to the spot-on models, maps and original voice cast) overcame most of the niggles. Probably a 7 out of 10 from me.

As for this new game, oh dear!

8. Dominic White says:

Just a reminder that the developers on this used to be the Wildtangent games division. Yeah.

That’s the kinda quality you can expect here.

9. Icarus says:

Not sure this looks good to be honest.

Also, Magicka beams > all other videogame beams, except possibly those in FreeSpace 2.

10. The_B says:

You’d have hit us Quinns? Why the violence? WHERE IS THE LOVE?

11. TariqOne says:

” And lest we forget, games, like breasts, are best when they are pressed close together.”

Quintin Smith, ladies and gentlemen. As always, putting the “k” in “klassy.”

12. ZIGS says:

Most forgettable game of 2011. You heard it here first

13. James Allen says:

That makes the last Ghostbusters game look like a work of art.

• RegisteredUser says:

That one was actually not bad and basically could have been a classic GB movie with it’s plot.
      The amount of detail they put into a lot of stuff(the packs e.g.) was quite awesome, especially considering it was essentially a crappy console game with a basic PC port.

It was actually an okay Ghostbusters PC game(especially with the actual actors participating).

14. rocketman71 says:

That looks horrible, which means probably this time they won’t be cutting multiplayer from the PC version.

I’m guessing Threewave didn’t do that.

15. RegisteredUser says:

This is such a horrible raep of the franchise.