Pretty Two-Dimensional: Antimatiere

By Jim Rossignol on March 9th, 2011 at 12:41 pm.

A dozen IM windows light up the Rossignol Research Crater with the same link. This link. It’s a game called Antimatiere, hosted on Kongregate. It’s a 3D puzzler that’s all about the world becoming 2D. There’s been some kind of accident and people and their things have become two-dimensional, and are now pasted on the walls, floors, and ceilings. Your task – as a person of three-dimenions – is to swap these entrapped objects about and try to figure out what happened. You should probably play this one.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Delusibeta says:

Note: it’s a Unity game, so Linux users need not apply.

• Dhatz says:

you saing that a browser plugin player wont run on all systems regardless? WTF would that be?

• wu wei says:

Dhatz: because plugins tend to wrap aspects of the OS to provide behaviour that’s outside the scope of browsers. They’re not like extensions, which (generally) interact solely with the browser.

2. Bilbo says:

I’m stuck on the train car. I’ve found suitcases that make noises but I don’t know what to do now. :/

• CMaster says:

Just putting in a few words of spoiler warning before helping you Bilbo. Or should that be Mr Baggins? I’m really not sure where I’m going with this. Anyway, I think that should be around about long enough now.

Put the noisey bags together somewhere. Talk to driver, he should tell you to go to the maintenance car. Don’t have the sign? Try going to the car of no sign.

• Gildon says:

I broke the game in the maintenance car. Fell into oblivion and reached the next level. (I got there before doing any of the other stuff on the train)

• ceebux says:

From what I gather, that’s not breaking the game.

****SPOILERS, YO****

For real, there are spoilers here.

It seems like you fall through the world (the train car quest eventually leads to that), then go through a portal in the LHC and… credits? Unless I did something wrong.

****END SPOILS****

• Gildon says:

@ceebux
      SPOILERS FOLLOW

If you look above the door that leads to the portal, there’s another one, closed. I tried aligning 4 blocks of stairs to reach it but it’s not possible to replace a block if you’re climbing. Not sure if you can even get there or do anything with it.

3. JackShandy says:

Where is the Rossignol Research crater located, and how do you get your oxygen supply?

4. Berzee says:

This looks awesome. I will play it later when I don’t have to sneak it in.

5. Astalano says:

I’m not sure what to think anymore. You have people saying PC represents 8% of the market, people saying it represents 40-50%, people saying it’s booming, people saying it’s dying, come on guys, make up your fucking minds already.

• JB says:

I’m not sure you posted this in the right thread Astalano =)

• Dances to Podcasts says:

That’s what you get when you confuse people like that.

• Astalano says:

Hehe you’re right I scrolled down too much to the wrong topic. :)

6. OptionalJoystick says:

Well, that was fun. It ran terribly on my laptop, but it was worth struggling though.

7. Matt says:

I was confusingly enjoying this until I got stuck (literally) in the geometry in the train car. :(

8. James G says:

Think I broke it on the train level, and the ending was just bizzare. Still, a very nice concept, and fun while things were working. (Except for the stuck in wall bugs)

9. Baggypants says:

Spoiler

I don’t know how you lot broke the train level because once I found the maintenance coach I jumped out of the broken back end to get out of the infinite loop. like the driver told me to.

• James G says:

Spoiler

I found the maintenance room before I found the luggage (or more accurately, the noisy luggage). As a result, I assumed falling out of the world was a bug, and that I was supposed to be doing something with the wired and power sockets.

10. MrFoo says:

Hmmm.. I’m not sure if there’s an extra ending.. in the maintenance car there’s a 4th panel with endings on it, one with power… if it’s possible to reach it, you could plug things in with the power couplings.

Edit: There’s also a 2nd round doorway on the final tower, straight above the “real” one.. though it’s not quite possible to reach it.

11. ShawnClapper says:

Thanks, that was a cool game idea.

12. dragonhunter21 says:

Wow, headache-inducing for the first few minutes, there. Crazy fun, but I can’t shake the feeling that there’s a secret ending somewhere.

13. Captain Hijinx says:

Nice idea, but i kept getting stuck in the walls… So eh, didn’t really bother after it happened once too often

14. RagingLion says:

That was seriously awesome. One of the best games I’ve ever played via a web browser – not that that details that important. Not sure if I’ve played a ┬úD game in a web browser before, though.

Great originality – I thoroughly enjoyed getting my head round it.

15. Urthman says:

Why is it that Unity game makers never bother to sell me on installing the Unity plugin? Whenever I follow a link to a Unity game, I just get a blank screen saying, “Install the Unity plugin.” There’s no screenshots, no video, nothing to tempt me by saying, “Look what you could be playing if you installed this plugin.”

And so, again, I just close the tab and move on to something else…

• Nogo says:

In the time it took you to type one of those sentences you could have unlocked every Unity game ever.

I agree Unity should allow for some sort of preview, but Jim’s words and screenshots obviously sent you clicking, so you really have no excuse other than being a curmudgeon.

16. mrtypo says:

Interesting concept but unfortunately the lack of an invert Y-axis option meant I was staggering around like a drunk. Considering I was trapped in a mindbendingly mixed 2D/3D world, it’s pretty fortunate my character didn’t vacate its stomach contents

17. Lambchops says:

Liked the concept and though the main thrust of it has been done before it was presented in a very fresh and interesting way.

Unfortunately I got stuck and never finished (pretty sure I fixed the pylon but nothing seemed to happen when I did). Up till then I was enjoying it though.

18. wu wei says:

Couldn’t get past the lift in the hallway: the whole plugin froze, hung Chrome, and then took down Windows.

Apart from that, it’s very cool :)