Skulls Of The Shogun’s Third Début Trailer

By John Walker on March 14th, 2011 at 10:57 am.

I don't forgive them for their apostrophe in 1960's on their website though.

One project RPS is following with intrigue, Skulls Of The Shogun, has released a “début trailer” on PAX East. A strange term bearing in mind the previous two trailers. But it matters not a jot when this new trail is such fun.

The potential for fun in there looks like it could cross all genre-bias boundaries, in that way Advance Wars did, only more so. Haunted Temple Studios are aiming for a Summer release this year, but are deliberately keeping it ambiguous.

__________________

« | »

, , , .

1. Jonathan says:

This is my absolute favourite genre on handhelds, where it’s almost always restricted to an isometric grid. I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on Skulls of the Shogun.

2. Baboonanza says:

It’s a shame about the art style. I’d certainly be interested in the game otherwise, but the character art is a real turn-off for me.

I’m not sure what it is, I’m not normally this picky, I just think it looks terrible.

3. DuckSauce says:

Like before I’m missing the release date… STOP TEASING ME DAMNIT!

4. propjoe says:

I think that song might be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

5. TaroYamada says:

Not watching too many PC games right now, but this is definitely a stand out for me right now.

6. Tetragrammaton says:

Yes please.

7. Jambe says:

I love the art style they’ve developed. Anticipationometer nearly bursting!

8. Bhazor says:

Hmmm, don’t like all the talk about “20% miss” percentages. Nothing ruins a turn based stratedgy game for me quite like invisible dice rolls. What really makes Advance Wars and Elven Legacy great to me is the way they minimize this aspect so there is still a 5% margin for damage done but no chance of missing. Then theres Civ which relies almost entirely on dice rolls and provokes at least one major rage quit from me whenever I play.

Apart from that this looks good and it’s about time we caught up with the DS/PSP lead TBS resurgence which has been running for about 5 years by now.

9. Dreamhacker says:

I can’t believe we haven’t had a “Rock, Paper, Shogun” headline yet!

10. borut says:

Actually, I’m not entirely sure why it’s our “debut” trailer either – I think Game Trailers, who were kind enough to put our trailer up, thought so, since it was new to them. I think the 2nd and the 3rd trailers are in fact the same ones, but having just survived GDC and PAX East back to back, I am sure of nothing. It’s always a debut to somebody I guess. :)

Borut
    (Skulls of the Shogun dev)

11. Shadrach says:

Lovely art style I think, reminds me a lot of Deathspank for some reason or other. Fun trailer.

12. Aankhen says:

Pfft, you’re just trying to hype it up ’cause the trailer mentions that Rossignol fellow.

I do wonder why the video was only in 360p and the audio quality was so poor. Regardless, game looks like it’ll make for lots of fun (and screaming). I loved the music too.

NO CUTS!