The RPS Bargain Bucket: Pricey Suffix

By Lewie Procter on March 26th, 2011 at 9:19 am.

The Bucket is overflowing with digital temptation this week. There’s two huge bundles of games for not very much each, and all sorts of exciting ways to spend a weekend pressing buttons on your computer for not very much money. Head to SavyGamer.co.uk for more cheap games, and read on for this weeks selection.

SEGA Mega Drive Classics Collection – £5.99/€6.99/$9.99
A bundle of shedloads of Mega Drive roms packaged up with an emulator. Missing the Sonic games, because obviously they can make more money selling them separately, but this is a nice way to get a big slice of the past for relatively cheap. I can probably still take any comers at the rubbish versus mode in Alien Storm, and I can still kind of remember what the hell you’re supposed to do in Ecco. Fun times. This bundle loses serious cool points for not inviting the two funkiest dudes in the galaxy to the party.
Includes:
Alex Kidd, Alien Soldier, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Bio-Hazard Battle, Bonanza Bros., Columns III, Columns, Ecco Jr., Comix Zone, Crack Down, Decap Attack, Ecco the Dolphin, Ecco: the Tides of Time, ESWAT: City Under Siege, Eternal Champions, Fatal Labyrinth, Flicky, Gain Ground, Galaxy Force II, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Chameleon, Landstalker, Light Crusader, Ristar, Shadow Dancer, Shining Force, Shining Force II, Shining in the Darkness, Shinobi III, Space Harrier II, Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage, Super Thunder Blade, Sword of Vermilion, Vectorman, Virtua Fighter 2, Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair

Split/Second – £7.96/$6
Apply coupon “itspayday” in the UK, and “marchmadness” in the USA.
Sickeningly more than double the USA price in the UK for no discernible reason, perhaps the additional “Velocity” suffix is to blame. Regional pricing bollocks is an annoyance at the best of times, but when games developed in the UK are the ones ripping us off I get extra angry. This is still the cheapest I can recall seeing Split/Second available for, and it’s a great game, even if it does everything it possibly can to tell you that it’s a console port. Sorry EU folk, your money’s no good here. RPS coverage here.

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West – £1.75/€2.25/$2.50
Or £1.31/€1.69/$1.87 each for a 4-Pack if you prefer. Mere pennies for a rather fun cowboy game, and since Rockstar clearly don’t want your money what the hell else are you going to spend it on? There’s currently a free weekend on, so you can give it a try before you buy. As fun as Lead & Gold is, it’s often hard to find a full server. Perhaps use the extra copies from a 4-pack to recruit yourself some partners. RPS coverage here.

Bob Came in Pieces – Pay What You Want.
This is only available for the next 6 hours at time of writing, so get your skates on. Here’s wot John thought of it:

Most of all, it’s a smart game. There’s brains here. The level design is frequently clever, sometimes presenting you with a daunting number of directions to head in, before quickly revealing the correct path. That’s not easy to do, so many games either leaving you lost, or looking like a corridor. Bob Came In Pieces keeps on hitting the balance. In fact, you’ll often discover that a convoluted path is not obligatory, but rather rewards you with further ship parts to let you build more complex arrangements, offering you the chance for more imaginative solutions.

It also comes with a free, totally unrelated, album.

Deal of the week
Take No Prisoners Strategy Pack – £7.84/€9.01/$11.99
Apply coupon “TNPSale”.
This amongst the best value for money deal I’ve seen in a long time. It’s soured somewhat by Strategy First sticking to the bizarre ancient practice of charging you to keep your download available for extended periods, so best be ready to download/backup all of these when you buy if you want to make sure you can access them in the future. I gather the total filesize is roughly 16gb, but each download is separate.
Includes:
Alliance: Future Combat, Combat Mission: Barbarosa To Berlin, Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord, DarkStar One, Disciples II: Gallean’s Return, Disciples II: Guardians of the Light, Disciples II: Servants of the Dark, Disciples II: Rise Of The Elves Gold, GODS: Lands of Infinity [Special Edition], Jagged Alliance 2: Gold Pack, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, O.R.B.: Off-World Resource Base, Patrician III: Rise of the Hanse, Port Royale 2, Sacred Gold, Space Empires IV Deluxe, Space Empires: Star Fury, Strategic Command: European Theater, Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg, Tortuga: Pirates of the New World, Tortuga: Two Treasures, World War II: Frontline Command.

Also of note:
Dirt 2, PC – £2.92/€2.81/$3.96. Apply coupon “itspayday” in the UK, and “marchmadness” in the USA/EU.
Alien Vs Predator (2010) – £2.47/€2.81/$3.96. Apply coupon “MARCHMADNESS”. Registers on Steam.
Alpha Protocol – £2.97/€3.38/$4.76. Apply coupon “MARCHMADNESS”.
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing – £3.16/€3.60/$5.07. Apply coupon “MARCHMADNESS”.
Mount & Blade: Warband – £3.99/€4.54/$6.40. Apply coupon “itspayday”.
Crazy Taxi – £1.20/€1.37/$1.60. Apply coupon “itspayday”.
Heroes of Newerth – £6.19/€7.10/$10
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter – £2.99/€3.74/$3.74. Registers on Steam.
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena – £3.75/€5/$5. Warning: Contains Tages DRM
Enlight Promo
Mildly disappointing GamersGate 5th anniversary sale continues here.

Remember to regular visit SavyGamer.co.uk to get your fill of dirt cheap games.

1. terry says:

It’s probably worth mentioning The Precursors is on sale for 75% off at fledgling DD store Beamdog this weekend. It’s an open world SPACE game by Deep Silver (Boiling Point, White Gold). http://www.beamdog.com/products/the-precursors

Edit: Oh, fair warning. Some ISPs (the wretched BT for example) throttle Beamdog’s client as P2P traffic, so download speeds are sporadic at best.

2. phenom_x8 says:

When your crysis 2 Wot I think appear, RPS ?? I’ve been waiting for it since yesterday and there’s no sign of it till now!

3. Jajusha says:

I would buy the take no prisioners pack if it wasn’t with that last century download service.

4. Mccy_McFlinn says:

I’ve spent a crazy amont of gaming bargains this month and yet haven’t bought a single game in the list above. I’d be tempted by the Megadrive collection but there are just so many great games missing from the list and far, far, far too much dead weight.

• Camerooni says:

If there’s only three games on that list you like – you’re best off getting the lot (works out cheaper with the current bundle special).. you never know.. you might play something you remember hating, or was told was terrible only to find some new real joy in it..

5. J. says:

Can ye register the Direct2Drive version of Mount & Blade: Warband on Steam?

• Lewie Procter says:

Not that I know of.

• J. says:

Thanks for the swift reply, LewieP. You’re awesome.

• Valvarexart says:

Eh, I thought Mount & Blade: Warband was steam-based? Actually, people have been complaining a lot about not being able to play it without steam (there is a very complicated fix, though)…
      If I’m not very mistaken it probably registers on Steam…

• Devrey says:

Nope, it doesn’t register on Steam. I’ve tried.

• iniudan says:

You should be able to use the cd-key to activate the game downloaded from Taleworlds itself.
      This is due to Taleworld shareware approach to their demo, which is the full game but with some lock in place (max level 7-8 in campaign and no multiplayers, from what I Know) until you input a key.

@Valvarexart Only the boxed version require steam registration, but once you registered to steam you can check the game key and simply use the non-steam version if you want.

6. pakoito says:

HoN 10 bucks. It’s LoL but you get all the heroes there’ll ever be with just one payment.

• jeremypeel says:

Is HoN the one to get hold of in the increasingly confusing world of DotA-alikes? I’d like to have some kind of experience of the genre before Valve enter the scene.

• pakoito says:

It’s DOTA 1.5, around 70% of the original game is there with a better engine and a lot of goodies like spectator, backwards compatible replays, stattracking, matchmaking… At some point past year Icefrog leaves S2, joins Valve, S2 gets sued and they start making their own content.

The game has a bit of a difficulty curve and the comunnity is a bunch of douchebags who will pick on you on being noob, but past those initial months you grow a skin and learn to play properly.

• DrGonzo says:

If you are new to the genre I would say League of Legends or Demigod may be a better option. HoN is good, but incredibly unfriendly to newcomers unfortunately. To the point where I eventually gave up on it.

• ExMortis says:

Please don’t imply LoL is friendly to newcomers (or anyone at all for that matter)

It does have bots, anyway.

• DrGonzo says:

I was a newcomer and while there was a certain amount of being shouted at, it wasn’t particularly bad – didn’t feel any worse than the average online game. Though I had come straight from HoN, so that may have influenced why I didn’t think it was that abusive.

Once you have got passed the early stages and hit level 30 you won’t be encountering any abuse any more, I can’t comment on how experienced games of HoN play out however.

And yes, it does now have bots. They are fairly stupid but I would imagine they help you get the basics down right.

7. Xiyng says:

I could live with Strategy First’s download policy if their games were DRM free but it would appear that’s not always the case. Pity, I’d love to buy that pack despite already owning, um, two games from the pack? :P

8. Xtinction says:

It’s funny… in february of this year, Direct2drive launched its Euro website so that, according to some website:

“The main benefit of the new Direct2Drive store is the fact that all prices will be listed in Euros and will be a lot more competitive than they were previously, something gamers are keen to complain about with main rival Steam. ”

There haven’t been any deals on since. D2D is completely useless for Europeans now. Go them.

Phinor says:

The EU site is a total joke. They are still advertising Rift pre-orders and most new games are completely missing from the site. I think they might have actually forgot about the existence of the EU site.

• malexmave says:

Actually, I had one offer that was better on the EU site: SWAT 4 Gold.
      SWAT 4 (UK): 6 Pounds
      SWAT 4 Addon (UK): 6 Pounds
      SWAT 4 Gold (UK): 12 Pounds

SWAT 4 (EU): 6 €
      SWAT 4 Addon (EU): 6 €
      SWAT 4 Gold (EU): 6 € <– WTF? So why exactly should I buy the non-gold version then?

Also, SWAT doesnt qualify as a first person shooter for the Sale they had. Interesting.

• malexmave says:

They probably just forgot to raise the prices though. :P

• Freud says:

For someone who is from a non-$€£ country, D2D.co.uk has by far the best prices. I don’t know if you Euro-people are locked into the Euro one or not. If you are, my condolences.

• vader says:

I don’t know about the rest of Europe but up here in Sweden we can use the UK site. If my memory serves me right I have even bought a game that said “UK Only”.

• Lewie Procter says:

D2D’s region set up is a little weird. I like it because if the publisher doesn’t mind you can pay in the cheapest currency, but when games are region restricted the differences can be pretty big (especially with all these recent region specific promotions).

They have 3 sites, UK, USA and EU. These all share one account, so you can use all three with the same log in/payment details, but regional availability is determined on a game by game basis. So some games on the UK site are UK only, some UK and all of Europe, or some worldwide.

When one of the three sites has a cheaper price because of currency shenanigans, but the game is available worldwide, I direct everyone to the cheaper of the three sites. When they are region locked (and perhaps not even available to some regions on any version of the site) I just post the currency that they are available in.

It does make my job a bit more complicated, but it also means that there are often even more savings to be had on some games.

9. Urael says:

Went for Alpha Protocol but the coupon doesn’t work? Can anyone verify?

• CMaster says:

Worked for me (getting as far as checkout)
      Make sure you are on the US site (top right corner)

• jeremypeel says:

I’m getting an ‘Error: Alpha Protocol is Country restricted on your IP.’, at checkout.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

• Urael says:

Okay, that worked, thanks. However, looking on Amazon just I as was about to pay for it I decided I might plump for the shiny-disc edition instead (It’s only £5).

I think I was miffed that the US is getting the deal and the UK isn’t. A touch discriminatory, D2D.

• Vague-rant says:

Note; I’m fairly sure the CD version is effectively DRM free now (No CD checks, used to have some online registration but the last/only patch took it off).

• Ravenger says:

Yep, the game is now DRM free due to the recent patch. Kudos to Sega for delivering on their promise to patch the DRM out within two years – in fact it was only a few months.

It’s a pity because despite some flaws it’s an excellent game, but sales at launch weren’t good enough to greenlight a sequel. Ironically I picked it up in a Steam sale for £5 when the DRM was patched out, but I would have paid full price for it on release if it hadn’t had the DRM.

• dethtoll says:

I got AP for cheapies off Steam back in November- probably the same time you did. I only ever had three problems:

some light thrashing on load, the AI disappearing bug (only happened with the game’s autosaves- make hard saves and it’s not an issue) and an issue where I was accused of killing US marines when I did no such thing.

10. julianbenson says:

Is anyone else finding that the Take No Prisoners pack is $70 instead of £7?

Oh, and how can you say that the GamersGate sale is disappointing, Pro Cycling Manager 2010 is a mere £15. Why, who wouldn’t want to spend an evening managing a team of virtual cyclists…?

11. Morgawr says:

Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection is on Impulse for £5.24

12. Navagon says:

Big Sky for a fiver. I haven’t played it myself. The reason I’m mentioning it here is because the profits go to Japanese Relief.

MajorManiac says:

Blast!

I got really excited about Drakensang as I only just rediscovered it last week. However Direct2Drive seems to have ‘lost’ it. The link doesn’t work for me and when I try a search on their site it comes up empty.

Shame.

• omicron1 says:

You can get The Witcher 2 for ~$35 – best preorder value I’ve seen in ages.

13. westyfield says:

The unrelated album that comes with Bob Came In Pieces is really good, by the way. Here’s one of the tracks from it (it’s the Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin’? credits music).

14. Herbert West says:

How long does that Take No Prisoners sale last? My Paypal acc. is currently bone-dry

15. Megadyptes says:

D2D has a bunch of racing games on sale
    Some of them were listed in the article but there’s more.

Vandelay says:

Although I agree that the GamersGate five year sale seems to have been a little lacklustre, this week seems to have a few goodies to be had for a decent price, although some might have been cheaper at other times. A few I picked out from the list that could be worth a punt for anyone that doesn’t have them and one or two I might get myself:
    Oddboxx – £9.98
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – £4.98
    World in Conflict Complete Edition – £5.00
    Tomb Raider Anniversary – £4.00
    Ghost Master – £1.25
    Freedom Force Vs the Third Reich – £1.48
    Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 – £3.48
    Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 – £4.98
    Far Cry 2 Fortune Edition – £4.98
    Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood – £4.98
    King Kong – £2.50
    Definitely a few things I’m tempted by.

And after a quick glance at a review or two, I could probably add Culpa Innata at £3.74. Has John not written anything on this? It sounds up his street.

• Deano2099 says:

Culpa Innata is worth it at that price. It’s set in a Huxley-esque Brave New World style future which feels somewhat original for a game.

It also requires you to forget entirely how you may have played adventure games before. There is a LOT of dialogue, and there’s a temptation to try every single conversation option. Most of them are dull, nd you’re also missing the point of the game if you do that.

You only get to talk to people about a few things every day, so much of the game is in approaching them the right way and asking the right questions. You won’t lose the game for asking the worng ones, but you will drag it out.

• iLag says:

agreed! And everyone even remotely interested in RTSes should buy World in Conflict at once. It’s such an excellent game, even better than the more recent R.U.S.E., I believe.

• Lewie Procter says:

My major gripe with the GamersGate sale is that a lot of the highlights have been on sale for the same price or less elsewhere pretty recently, it’s uncharacteristically rubbish, they normally know how to put a major sale on.

• Navagon says:

I have to agree. While their Christmas sale might not have had a spectacular start they kept adding to it over the weeks. This one has been almost completely stagnant since the second week. Most of the titles aren’t impressive enough to carry it for a month.

• sinister agent says:

Oooh, Freedom Force/3rd Reich is brilliant. I’d buy it again if that weren’t just silly. Highly recommend it, it’s one of the best games I played last year, there’s just such a great sense of fun.

Faldrath says:

I’m in Brazil so I don’t know if the following applies to Europe, etc., but Steam this weekend has F1 2010 for US$19.99, Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum (with both expansions) for US$9.99, and The Witcher Enhanced Edition for the same price.

• Sander Bos says:

Yes, I bought F1 2010 for 25 euros in the Netherlands, and I checked the two RPGs you mention and they are both 50% off for me too.

Plus, Crysis 2 came out that I preordered for half price based on advice given here some months ago! Thanks again for that RPS.

• Megadyptes says:

I picked up F1 2010 from D2D. The sale price is the same as Steam in the UK but with the discount code you save a few quid..

Carra says:

Limited download times? Grmbl.

I’ve got a monthly limit, I’d rather just download the games I *want* to play today and the others should be there if I want to play them in two years.

19. Jetsetlemming says:

I bought AvP for $4, figured that was a good deal, but then I see that it’s a 17GB download on D2D, and 15GB on Steam. I mean, I’ve got a FAT PIPE if you know what I mean, but that’s still ridiculous. A linear FPS that I’ve heard was disappointingly short taking up 3 times the space of Bioware’s latest RPG. Not to mention that’s a whole fifth of my remaining hard drive space on my system drive.
    edit: In the time it took me to log into RPS and make this post I’ve already gotten 6% of the game downloaded at 3.6MBps. Told you bout my fat pipe.

Edit 2: Space Empires 4 for $2.50 on the Gamersgate sale is worth it imo. Makes me feel all nolstalgic. I remember back in the day a friend of mine wrote a client for SE3 to handle its play by email multiplayer functionality automatically, to ship the save back and forth between him and I quickly. SE4 apparently has TCP/IP multiplayer, though I’ve barely played it since buying it so far so I haven’t fully explored its state of the art circa 2000 features yet.

• dethtoll says:

AvP2010 is actually not that bad. Yeah, it’s linear, but don’t let the reviews fool you- the patched version is solid and the presentation, at least, is great. The creepy slinky way the aliens move speaks to their animal nature, and making the Predator melee focused is such a genius idea it’s a wonder I haven’t seen it until now.

The Marine campaign is what I’ve been looking for in an Aliens game forever- something less like the Aliens Doom TC and more like a proper survival horror.

Also, Lance Henriksen is in it. GOTY.

• DrGonzo says:

It’s also not that short to be fair. Each campaign individually is short, but together it’s not too bad. The massive file size is why I’ve never reinstalled it. The multiplayer had the potential to be something great, but dedicated servers weren’t released for such a long time I uninstalled and never went back, which is a shame.

• Urael says:

I really enjoyed AVP. There’s lots of fun to be had playing each character, and especially as my favourite, the Predator. During the last boss fight against [Spoiler] an Alien Queen and her minions, I felt like a freaking King. I think I replayed that about five times afterwards, just to keep enjoying it.

• Superbeing says:

I just purchased it soley for the multiplayer portion and when I saw the file size I was quite surprised. 16gb is a hassle if you conisder that in Canada many ISPs have datacaps of <100gb. Maby they should release an english version, excluding the other languages to lower the file size.

20. iLag says:

Any opinion about the state of Heroes of Newerth’s newbie-friendliness? I remember playing the beta and being appalled by the hate you get if you don’t know ALL the rules on your VERY FIRST game (meaning more the metagame and whatnot. I did know the basics). That was terrible. Plus, some vocal HoN players proved to be veritable asshats all over the internet – are they representing the community as a whole? Oh, and how much is this type of game suited to the casual (i.e. non-hardcore) player?

• Spider Jerusalem says:

Most of the people that play HoN are rather awful, yes. You can find games specifically catered toward new players, but even then the experience can be brutal. Games take ~40 minutes at least, and one bad player can sink a team, so people tend to get quite testy.

• DrGonzo says:

I would say it’s not casual friendly really. Once you have it down and are fairly skilled you can play casually sure, but you have to dedicate a fair bit of time to get to that skill level in the first place.

21. RiptoR says:

Damn, I hoped the Take No Prisoners package would have actually contained the game “Take No Prisoners”. Got some fond memories of that game, gonna see if I can dig up my retail disc…

TeraTelnet says:

That’s exactly what my reaction was too! A very fun game.

22. trjp says:

I picked-up the “Bob Came In Pieces” bundle with just 29 mins left and I have to say, the FantonmenK album is proving the better half of a great deal!

It wanders close to kid’s TV at times but then it drifts you back to the days of C64 music (was gaming music EVER better??) and it’s lifted my otherwise oppressive (work work work!!) mood enormously – well worthwhile!

• FKD says:

How on Earth did you manage to d/l the game/album!? I spent about an hour trying to understand their site. Part of that time was trying to access the “Community” section because I saw some topics called “Download?” but then all I got were errors :/ I ended up emailing their support but 5 hours later still no reply.

With my luck it is bound to be something quite easy that I am overlooking..

• trjp says:

I went to Yawma.net – then to “My Yawma” then to “Purchases – Groupees” (we bought a Groupee and not a Game or Music separately).

In there you should see the soundtrack and the game – there’s a “Download” link under the music and a link for “PC” or “MAC” for the game (not that obvious it’s a download).

GL!

• FKD says:

Bah, this is so weird.. I have nothing listed under Purchases > Groupees, yet when I click on “My Profile” on that same screen it lists Bob + Fantomenk under “Recent Purchases” and earlier all that did was take me to the page for that offer (and now of course takes me to a page saying there is no campaign running).

Oh well..hopefully they get back to me on the issue there. But thanks for your help as well, atleast I know where to look now when and if it eventually works! :D

23. Maxheadroom says:

If anyone else has spent the last 2 hours trying to buy AVP from D2D but keeps getting that “Your transaction will require review by a Customer Service Agent.” bollox, know that for a whole extra £1 you can get the boxed version from Play.com:

Free delivery too

24. sinister agent says:

That strategy first deal is worth it for Jagged Alliance 2 alone, to be honest. I’ve only played a couple of the others (Darkstar One, f’instance, is mediocre, but by no means bad, and scarcity value of space shooters helps it out), but it sounds like a terrific deal.

25. Bungle says:

I tried to buy Split/Second on D2D and they just don’t want my money. Maybe their website doesn’t work well with Opera? I don’t know, but I tried twice and now I’ll quit forever. Back to Steam, which works.

26. PacoX8 says:

Everyone that like RTS should buy R.U.S.E. on gamersgate sale at 15 bucks the piece! I did

• Hardtarget says:

fyi, it’s also on sale on D2D for 14.99 plus the 20% coupon stacks making it $11.98
      I’m literally buying it right now for that price
      (It’s a STEAMWORKS game as well which is great)

• PacoX8 says:

FYI, on D2D is region blocked for ALOT of countries, including mine.

• Hardtarget says:

annoyingly enough even though on the .com site it says available for USA/Canada/Etc the god damn game isn’t buyable in Canada?! I’ve never encountered that before, I’m assuming it’s a mistake but D2D is terrible at support. Was gonna just buy it for 15 instead of 12 when a American friend of mine offered to buy it and give me the key if I paypaled him the monies so that’s what I did.

Not sure what other countries this RUSE screw up is in but it’s a shame either wa.

27. FecesOfDeath says:

GamersGate has Jagged Alliance 2 Gold for 4.99USD.

28. LostSoviet says:

Shogun 2 is currently 40% off ($30 instead of $50) at Get Games. You need to log in to see this price – it shows up as 20% off ($40) instead if you don’t.

Also, as a reader pointed out on my blog, the Beamdog 15% off survey coupon (SURVEY15OFF) only works ONCE PER ACCOUNT.

29. Defenestrator says:

ah l2readTFA

• malkav11 says:

It’s specifically stated in the article, but no. You have to pay extra just to get a year of redownloads.

KindredPhantom says:

Here’s a deal for you, Crysis 2 at Direct2Drive UK for £22.36. It’s priced at £27.95 but if you use the weekend only code of “itspayday” you will get 20% off it.

31. Moraven says:

Gogamer had Shogun 2 for $33.80, import. But sold out before I had a chance =/

Enlight and Strategy First look enticing

32. Tacroy says:

Apparently, BigFishGames is having some sort of sale where if you enter in the code “TOPSECRET” you can get any game that’s not a collector’s edition for $4.99. They mostly have casual sorts of games like those hidden object ones and bejeweled-esque puzzle games. However, their collection does include Drawn: Dark Flight, which Walker talked about over here, as well as the PC version of Plants Vs. Zombies. This is apparently valid until 11:59 PST on Sunday.

Of course, if you’re only going to get one game, you might be better off using their “50% off your first game” coupon (“NEW50″), which shows up on the side bar when you visit the site.

(top secret coupon code from JayIsGames)

• trjp says:

Drawn: Dark Flight and Drawn: Painted Tower (I think they came out in that order?) are amazing point-and-click adventure games.

The puzzles are mostly excellent (way above something like Professor Layton and it’s vague questions) and the graphics are simply gorgeous…

I’d recommend either or BOTH!

33. Thants says:

The Bob Came in Pieces link doesn’t seem to work.

• FKD says:

At the time the article was written there was only 6 hours left on the sale. It was at one of those places that has things on sale for only a day or so before switching to the next thing.

34. ShowMeTheMonkey says:

Not liking the D2D website….

I’m trying to buy Mount & Blade: Warband, but it keeps asking me for a phone number… I put my house phone in. Doesn’t work, put my mobile in… Doesn’t work.

God damn it! What site has damn phone activation???

• PacoX8 says:

D2D is the biggest pile of shit ever on the history of earth, not only they block many regions for the games but also that stupid phone activation. I’m not going to buy never from them. Anyway I think you can contact support to help you.