Res Evil: Op Racc City Tease Trail Yay!

By Jim Rossignol on March 31st, 2011 at 10:30 am.

I love raccoons! So cute.
It’s true, there is now a teaser trailer for then recently-confirmed-for-PC Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. What’s interesting about this is that it apparently came about as an idea during the development of co-optastic Lost Planet 2, and you can see some of the influences from that already, with this looking like quite a gun-heavy zombie shooter, as well as apparently being co-op focused. Could be really interesting. And yes, that trailer is just south of here. (Via Blues.)

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Kaira- says:

I hope that wasn’t Nemesis at 0:40. Whatever that is, it is HUGE.

2. jimjames says:

Not to be overly critical but that was the worst trailer I ever sawed! I know Resident Evil has DENT in the middle, stop flashing it over the video. GEEZ LOUISE.

• yhancik says:

Its a bit on the annoying part of teasing, isn’t it?

“Look, images from our gam.. AHAHA NO, HERE THE LOGO! Ok, maybe we can let you see a bit of LOOGOOO. LOL. Now here’s a guy shooting at thi HEY SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR LOGO? And isn’t that someo.. LOGOOOO :D. Do I see zomb.. LOGOTYPE IN YOUR FACE”

Urgh.

(still probably more informative than many many many teasers)

• sneetch says:

Not just “DENT”, it’s “IDENT” something, “IDENT R”?

“IDENT B”? No, it’s “IDENT E”.

Wait there’s more! This is a real nail biter!

“SIDENT EV” or “SIDENT EW” it’s a “V”!

Wait, even more! Woah, they sure know how to build tension, don’t they!

I hate this kind of trailer. Someone reads one too many books on film-making and now I’m having a seizure while learning bugger all about the game.

(Alright, alright, I know it’s a shooter with zombies).

“What the hell is going on here?”
      Zombies, you jackass! It’s zombies!

Sorry, that should all have been in spoiler tags.

• jimjames says:

HOLY SMOKES. Am I glad other people feel the same CAPS LOCK RAGE as me.

• godgoo says:

OH SO IT’S A SHOUTING MATCH YOU WANT IS IT?!!?

AAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!…..

… IM BEEEAAATING YOUUUUU!!!

• Highstorm says:

my caps and shifting keys are broken right now but i am very very angry1 I can only hope this comes across in the tone of my words that contain no sound1

anger1 bitterness1 possibly resentment1

• int says:

Leon agrees with you in the end of the trailer.

3. Fringe says:

Woah. Could that look any more like L4D1?

• Navagon says:

It’s looking very, very similar. A bit prettier, but otherwise the same. Given that and the four characters in coop this is turning into a spot the difference competition.

• Nick says:

In what way does it look like Left4Dead? Dark, zombies and cars? Because thats what the intro of Resident evil 2 was like.

• DrGonzo says:

Probably just the zombies in the distance as silhouettes in the mist, and the exploding petrol station. It did look quite a bit Left 4 Dead inspired to me. Yes clearly Resident Evil 2 was the main inspiration for the look, but there were definitely elements from L4D in there.

• RadioactiveMan says:

Fortunately the Resident Evil universe has plenty of bizzaro creatures beyond simple zombies. Hopefully some of those will make it into this game.

Hordes of creepy zombies whose heads pop off like in RE4? Yes please! Infected ravens, crocodiles, giant crabs, etc? Yes please! Giant grotesque bosses who are some combination of man and disgusting monster? Yes please!

But, if its just zombies, it will be terrible.

• DJ Phantoon says:

How on earth did any of you come to those conclusions? I couldn’t see anything for more than half a second at a time!

Also, a game with just normal zombies would be fine, but it’d have to be done differently than most zombie games out now.

• Nick says:

Oh, the exploding petrol station.. like, say, this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1zILdDaaM from Resident Evil 3?

4. WJonathan says:

This will be the most fun Resident Evil logo ever.

5. skyturnedred says:

Someone pointed out earlier that it looks like it’s a dual joystick shooter. Could be, considering how weirdly the characters seem to move.

6. Juiceman says:

I loved the Lost Planet series, but part of the fun was taking down enormous enemies through a lot of team work and coordination. Loading and shooting the giant rail gun on the train level in Lost Planet 2 is a great example. I haven’t played much of the Resident evil series, but I don’t remember a lot enemies that would fill this sort of template. Nemesis perhaps, but I don’t remember him being 10 stories tall. Although they could be moving away from those sorts of encounters and focusing on more of a left 4 dead experience. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

7. hamster says:

Hate this trailer with passion. Could somebody get some screen captures of only the actual in-game footage and post them up?

8. Bluepixie says:

I’m surprised that Capcom – which normally do such a great job of making things look super stylish, released a teaser like this. Looks more like a mod or something.

9. BreadBitten says:

Not a bad idea given how fun the “co-op zombie shooter” genre has been proven by the great ‘Left 4 Dead’. Also, judging from the teaser, the tone of the game seems to eerily replicate the tone of the first 3 ‘Resident Evil’ games to a T…right down to Leon’s cheesy line delivery! That’s a good sign.

10. Tokoya says:

Yeah, this definitely looks like they ripped off L4D using the source material from games that came out a decade or more before the L4D series.
    Everything seen in this video aside from the four-player co-op is straight from RE canon, including the exploding petrol station (RE3).

Comment on this story