Spider-Man: Edge Of Time Hits This Autumn

By Quintin Smith on March 31st, 2011 at 8:42 pm.

Oh my God there's a TINY MAN INSIDE SPIDER-MAN'S HEAD

The developers of Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, a game universally hailed by critics (including myself!) as “fine”, are making a sequel entitled Spider-Man: Edge of Time. It’s hard to know what’s more remarkable- that the press release says it’ll be set in two different timelines at once in a Day of the Tentacle style, or that they’re turning it around in under a year since the previous game. No screenshots just yet, so as a placeholder I’ve embedded a decent episode of Baman Piderman after the jump.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. LimEJET says:

Baman! Baman! Bam-OPH

2. Prince says:

Love Baman Piderman! Surprisingly great animation considering the series’ look.
    As for the game, I would love to finally see a great Spiderman game on the PC. Haven’t got the highest hopes for this, though. I found Shattered Dimensions to be decidedly average.

3. Anguy says:

I still haven’t had the chance to play Shattered Dimensions, but it looks pretty enjoyable.
    Sounds like Spidey finally has the chance to appear in some decent games, the last couple of realeases weren’t so great, especially the PC-port of Spiderman 2

4. Mr Labbes says:

What do you get if you eat all the potatoes?

5. Zakski says:

I would so buy this one if that baman piderman show was indicative of the gameplay

on a more serious tone, rocksteady seem the only ones in recent times to do superhero games right

6. fallingmagpie says:

that cartoon confused me

7. Nighthood says:

A definite alt-text highlight here. The past few days have been very good for us alt-text addicts.

8. Sivart13 says:

Neil Patrick Harris was the best part of Shattered Dimensions and I’m hoping he’s still on board.

Unfortunately despite any time-fuckery it’s undoubtedly going to be the same linear fight fight boss fight boss fight boss-fest.

9. Urthman says:

I’ve yet to see much comment on how the PC version of Shattered Dimensions came out. Great port? Terrible port? Average?

10. phenom_x8 says:

Shattered dimension already released?? I didnt know that until this news coming ! I’ve been search metacritic of this game and there’s no user review at all! Can anyone, who have already played it, tell me what kind of game is it? Especially you, Quintin ! Because you said that its a fine game, I want to know more detail about the gameplay (free roaming or not), control (M/KB friendly or not) and the most important things is the camera (still clunky or not).

I do love the last spiderman game and the cel-shaded one in 2005 (sorry I forgot the title) on PC!

11. Superhero Games says:

I love the Baman Piderman clip! Especially the part that seemed like they were looking back into an alternate dimension at themselves.

As for the Spider-Man: Edge of Time, I’m looking forward to that. I didn’t know they had it planned to come out so fast. They must have those programmers working around the clock!