Black Ops: Escalation Confirmed(ish)

By Jim Rossignol on April 12th, 2011 at 8:36 am.

The Black Ops map pack, Escalation, has now been officially confirmed by Activision. It’ll feature five new maps, of which four are multiplayer maps and one if a zombie shooter thing.

…battle it out in Hotel, on the roof of a Cuban luxury hotel and casino against the vivid backdrop of old Havana; Convoy delivers intense, close-quarters combat at the scene of an ambushed US military convoy; Zoo takes you on a wild ride in an abandoned Soviet Russian Zoo, with danger at every turn; Stockpile pits players in a remote Russian farm town housing secret WMD facilities.

No price or PC date, however. BigDownload reckon it’ll be in June, but I think that’s just speculation.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. DeCi says:

Save up for BF3, or get this map pack? Tough choices. but this has a Soviet Russian Zoo!
    i wonder if there are any Soviet experimental mindcontrolled bears as a killstreak?
    Questions questions…

• mogofogo says:

Apparently the zoo will be an abandoned one. Bah.
      Well I guess we could hope?

• 3lbFlax says:

The one hope is that it’s recently abandoned and therefore swarming with tigers and monkeys and giraffes, all of which are loose because the keepers unlocked all the cages as a final act of kindness. Although that would probably lead to a bloodbath, to be fair, so let’s say the army was sent in straight away.

“Those bloody keepers have let all the beasts out! Get in there and secure that zoo!”

But then for some reason an opposing force has also been sent in, perhaps to extract a contested panda. To be honest, I don’t think the people who write the scenarios at Activision are paid nearly enough.

• Calneon says:

I hope you’re not seriously contemplating buying this map pack…

• mogofogo says:

I for one wasn’t. Have not spent a single dime on their DLC’s, and am hoping to jump on the Battlefield 3 wagon after the disappointments that were MW2 and BO.
      I might come back if Attack Bears and a Giant Controllable Panda were made available in the next one as Killstreaks.

In all seriousness though, is it too late for me to get Bad Company 2? Should I just wait for BF3?

• Mac says:

Oh shit, the terrorists are taking over the zoo … WTF?

• MrTambourineMan says:

@mogofogo BF:BC2 is still very alive (both vanilla and Vietnam) and you can get it pretty cheap if you dig trough the online stores. It’s an excellent game that I highly recommend. The biggest con is that many-a-times you’ll end up with team of total retards – team full of camping snipers when you’re supposed to be attacking and it’s damn frustrating. On the other hand when you get into a game with two roughly equally experienced teams doing what they’re supposed to do it is damn awesome.

• mogofogo says:

Thanks MrTambourineMan, will look into it. Currently contemplating the EADM version or the Steam one. And I suppose, retardation happens in nearly every game. I’ve played too many domination games where I had the most points with an absolutely horrible KDR.

2. Valvarexart says:

While Activision charge £20 for Map Packs, Dice release them for free.

3. thepaleking says:

So I guess every Russian village is just cover for underground military bunkers.

• Bhazor says:

…and in the game.

stahlwerk says:

See, товарищ, here’s our derelict town hall, this is where we store our чуть-чуть grain and behind that Great Patriotic War Memorial you can just about make out our proud mustard gas facilities.

• SuperNashwanPower says:

Tovarisch, does that mean Comrade? I am only only on page 50 of “Learn Russian” at the mo.

• SuperNashwanPower says:

Спасибо :)

• SuperNashwanPower says:

Also

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

4. poop says:

oh boy more news about overpriced dlc for a bad game

AndrewC says:

I know Blops can look like the 800lb gorilla throwing poo at your mum, but over here it’s an emaciated lemur and it can be ignored, possibly even pitied. You really, really don’t need to get angry about it.

Tei would want me to post this video link now, to make you happy:

• Baris345 says:

You know, I really tried to stay serious man-face throughout that, but the ending *SPOILERS* when it frowns then smiles again… Oh god, I want one!

• Hexanol says:

Wow, a video of someone abusing a wild animal. Classy.

• noom says:

You’re gonna have to try harder than that hexanol.

5. Maykael says:

An Xbox 360 exclusive game pretending to be multi-platform. I’m glad I survived the hype and didn’t buy it.

6. kilometrico says:

reckon they’ll coincide the pc release date to match that of a rival game being released at a similar time as they did last time?

7. Rii says:

Despite my disinterest in COD (BLOPS or otherwise) and general disdain for DLC of this nature, I have to admit that a shoot-up in an abandoned zoo sounds rather awesome. Particularly if it turns out to be not quite abandoned…

8. Navagon says:

If that pack is not at least £25 I will be bitterly disappointed. £34.50 is the optimal price point, naturally. But the more the better.

9. Bhazor says:

You stay classy Activision.

10. patricij says:

Oh sod off, Acitivision…

HermitUK says:

Gave up on Black Ops when it became clear Treyarch have no intention of fixing some of the terrible technical flaws. Good old ingame stuttering and and low FPS. Laughably, the three biggest fixes for those issues are INCREASE Anti-aliasing, Turn off all shadows, and Reinstall Windows XP (because running it in Windows 7 causes FPS drops and more stuttering). That’s a technical mess of fail if ever I saw one.

It’s a shame, too, because CoD can be a decent laugh when playing with mates. But of the 29 folks on my Steam friends list with the game, I think maybe one of them has actually bothered to play it in the last two weeks.

And yet they still expect £10 for some new maps for a game that’s still broken. It’s just irritating that it’ll sell ridiculously well regardless.

• Outsider says:

I got a lot of play out of Black Ops, not nearly as much as MW2, but enough hours to make the price of the game a good deal. Unfortunately for them though, they gave the first map pack as an xbox exclusive, and by the time it was released for PC, I had uninstalled the game and moved on, largely because there were weapon imbalances they never fixed and never seemed to have the interest to fix and I was tired of 98% of the playerbase using the Famas and AK74u only.

12. starclaws says:

$10 says they just listed all but 1-2 of the mission it ships with.

13. 12kill4 says:

I’m going to take a wild guess at the price and release date: 2 much/ 2 late.

14. Uglycat says:

I’d might consider buying BO dlc if the damn COD servers wouldn’t internally disconnect me even though there’s nothing wrong with my connection.

15. batteriesinc says:

very good,it’s very important for somebody as me,I can not express my feeling with words now,just can see one hundred time of thanks.
    Dell Studio 1537 battery