Brink And You’ll Miss it: Brink Arrives Early

By Jim Rossignol on April 12th, 2011 at 8:29 am.

The beard is also a weapon
What! Another game arrives early this year? Something funny is going on in game dev, but it’s true. Brink has apparently wrapped up production a week early, and consequently the game will now release on May 10th in North America and May 13th in Europe. Hmm. I suppose that makes our review schedule a bit easier, anyway…

, , .

Malcolm says:

I pre-ordered this ages ago on a complete whim – hope it’s good!

• Chalkster says:

I did the same. Had a bunch of used game credit back when it was announced and couldn’t think of anything to use it on, so I preordered brink, which only had one video at the time. Glad my carelessness paid off.

• Orija says:

The game comes from the dev behind the two most hardcore multiplayer games on the PC. Nothing to worry about, I’d say.

2. Nemon says:

Too bad it takes three days to ship the code through the underwater internet tubes of the Atlantic :( .

3. Valvarexart says:

They probably realized that The Witcher 2 was going to be released on may 17th….

(Seeing as Brink was originally planned to be released on the same date)

4. Juiceman says:

This game interests me, but I don’t think I will commit to buying it until I get a chance to demo it first.

5. Tei says:

I got some honest trully terrific good fun from Quake Wars, and this seems more of that again.

But I will wait for some reviews.

6. Fringe says:

My character will definitely have a beard. DEFINITELY!

7. Rei Onryou says:

I’m planning on taking time off from work to play this game. Yes, I’m looking forward to it that much that it warrants a holiday!

The wait for its arrival is going to be torturous. I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to make sure I get it as early as possible after release. Steam (long download, possible delay of unlock), shop (9am open, have to get there and back) or online (possibly arrive early, but don’t know what time postman will deliver). Help!

• Sarlix says:

What a conundrum!

Surly the extra few hours wont make that much difference? I mean you’re getting it 7 days earlier than you previously thought. The drive from the bricks n mortar will only take an hour? less? And you will have the excitement of actually have a physical copy on your person. Wheres if you rely on steam your copy will be locked away in the steam vault for god knows how long. And postmen are too unreliable* ESPECIALLY when you’re waiting for something. It’s like they sense it and deliberately take their time. I say get the motor running and head out on the highway!

*apologies to any postpeople reading.

• neems says:

Order it from Shopto.net – most of the time pre-ordered games arrive on the Thursday or even the Wednesday before release. They are Gods.

• Rei Onryou says:

I’ve decided to get it delivered to work and enjoy it in the evening. If it doesn’t arrive, I can pick it up on the way home. Then I’ll take a couple of days off work and go crazy with it. ^.^

8. s0lidb0b says:

Another game arriving early… if nothing else this is a true sign that the end of days is coming!!
    The mayan’s where right… and I bet that we won’t even get to play Duke Nukem Forever before the end!

9. Navagon says:

I’m also going to wait for some reviews. But I’ve got high hopes for this one.

10. Delusibeta says:

Assuming most of the bugs have been ironed out, this is probably a good move, considering Brink’s original release date would have been the day two anticipated games comes out (The Witcher 2 for the PCs, and LA Noire for the consoles) and thus they would have risked being stuck in their collective shadows.

11. Vanderdecken says:

A game is finished EARLY? What is this witchcraft?

The Sombrero Kid says:

this will be problematic for my financial organisationals, still though, awesome!

13. paterah says:

So many games in May and almost no releases in April :S
    Well, we got Portal 2.

14. Koozer says:

Ah excellent, birthday o’clock.

15. pupsikaso says:

Well damn, I guess Brink gets my money before Witcher2 does =/

16. Kurina says:

I had a bit of spare store credit last month, so I purchased this on a whim as well. I was a bit hesitant at first, but honestly, this game just looks to be some good, old fashioned silly fun with some slightly new mechanics. Looking forward to it!

17. Tom OBedlam says:

Blimey, that’s disastorous news. The day after one paper is in but three weeks before the next two are in. Fuck… I might have to get an extension on compassionate grounds…

18. batteriesinc says:

Happy to see your blog as it is just what I’ve looking for and excited to read all the posts.
    Dell Latitude D620 battery