Anomaly: Warzone Earth Demo Creeps Out

By Quintin Smith on April 14th, 2011 at 10:07 am.

Is the real world this dangerous? We just don't know.

Anomalies are so named because they go nom nom nom and eat everything that investigates them. It’s true! Something else that’s true is that tower-defence-but-in-reverse game Anomaly: Warzone Earth now has a demo out, and you can get it here. Jim got on well with Anomaly, calling it a “novel idea, well-presented… well-executed”, and even comparing it to Defense Grid. I’ve spawned some footage of the game itself after the jump.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Jim Rossignol says:

I’d contrast it with Defense Grid, rather than compare it. ;)

• 11 bit studios says:

Hey Jim,
      We could do another classic TD but rather wanted to experiment. On one hand then a player has a hunger for fresh concepts and on the other he got used to well known formulas and expect more of them, when well executed. Which way is better? I guess there is no good answer to that.

2. PatrickSwayze says:

I bought this straight away on Steam and have enjoyed it massively so far.

My only bug bear was not realising there was a HIGHEST detail setting above HIGH and played the first few levels with slightly nerfed gfx.

I hate it that recent games have started pissing about with established labelling conventions in games.

I want to play my game on NORMAL difficulty with HIGH settings, not Regular Dude Bro and You’re Not A Real PC Gamer settings.

3. TheApologist says:

All words should have definitions which are based on an extrapolation of their onomatopoeic qualities to the general sense of their deployment.

4. mlaskus says:

I don’t understand one thing about Anomaly… Why does the commander have buttons on his back?! Does he have an aide who presses those when appropriate? If so, why is he not pictured in the game?

5. Man Raised by Puffins says:

Currently ping-ponging between this and Defence Grid and they compliment each other quite well. Building up an intricate death trap and then carefully teasing another apart has a pleasing symmetry to it.

6. Freemon says:

I tried this last night on steam. Great fun. I will buy it eventually. With Portal 2 and Crysis 2 eating away my wallet, I can’t afford to spend money I don’t have. But It’s a must-buy-soon-or-later for me. Fresh fun little game.

7. Orija says:

Anomaly always reminds me of STALKER

8. Rii says: