Section 8: Prejudice Launch Trailer Is Manly

By Quintin Smith on April 14th, 2011 at 8:28 pm.

Every general needs a fall guy.

GUNS! Kicks to the face! A knife fight! Jetpacks! Robots! …Robots having a knife fight! Some elderly dude doing a voice-over about how “The hunter does not question his purpose”! VTOL aircraft! Robots! Energy cannons! A guy hanging by his fingertips! Esplosions! Ground vehicles being delivered from orbit! A gun larger than my flat! It’s all after the jump. When’s this coming out again? May 4th? OK.

If you missed it, we posted Total Biscuit’s opinions on the Section 8: Prejudice beta, and his less bombastic and more rational take on things can be found here.

__________________

« | »

, .

1. patricij says:

EIGHTFACE!

2. Nogo says:

I do have an itch I’ve been meaning to strike.

3. SuperNashwanPower says:

Take it this is more about the MP experience? Saw “5 hour campaign” flash past there …

• Vinraith says:

I’m surprised it even has a single player campaign, I don’t think the first one did.

• Rei Onryou says:

The first one did, but it was mainly for getting used to the MP game side of things. Also, it was a terrible campaign. Nothing compared to the MP – shame about the GFWL. Does Prejudice debilitate itself with GFWL?

• J-snukk says:

The GFWL is there but only for the login, thankfully all the matchmaking and stuff is handled by the game.

4. Eddy9000 says:

“in the wild a hunter does not…”
    Yawn bloody yawn, wake me up when games become interesting again. If it’s not spacemen in armour shooting at each other for a war of no defined cause, then its elves and dwarfs rattling on about ‘the ancient evil awaking’.

• bwion says:

The answer is clearly Elves vs Spacemen.

(Actually, isn’t that pretty much the premise of Warhammer 40K?)

• The Army of None says:

@Bwion

To be fair, its also why Warhammer 40k is so awesome.

• Aedrill says:

How about elves and humans being racist bastards to each other and main character being used for dirty political games? Welcome to the world of The Witcher. Of course for me it’s easier to like since I know the whole saga but it’s still an interesting (in the best, oldschool meaning of this word) game.

5. Frank says:

somewhat stompy

6. Alexander Norris says:

I do so wish they’d stop releasing launch trailers before the game launches. It’s a launch trailer, y’see; it comes out at the same time as the game. It’s all in the name.

7. Koozer says:

May is a good month for birthdays.

8. Miker says:

I’m moderately excited about this game, having enjoyed the first game’s beta, but I won’t be buying it, as a GFWL-based multiplayer shooter is practically dead in the water.

• Dominic White says:

I’ve said this in every Section 8 thread, but NOBODY SEEMS TO NOTICE:

The game uses proper dedicated server software. Even the console versions – you download the file, you run it on a Windows or Linux box, and players join from the server browser. GFWL is just used for achievement tracking, friends lists, etc. The game itself doesn’t touch it.

• Miker says:

I’m well aware of all that, but I’ve still put off by the stories of “our clan or whatever tried to get into this game, but maintaining a server was such a huge pain that we just gave up. now the game is 80% bots.” It’s the type of game where it’s most active during the first month or so of release, but I’m not looking for that type of game — I have enough games to plow through to devote time to play Prejudice at launch, and if its community will be small by the time I get around to it, I just may not bother.

• poop says:

so you are saying that the games multiplayer is pure gold surrounded by a layer of shit you ahve to get past to acess it?

• Miker says:

I wouldn’t say pure gold, but I did like its scale, and I’m a sucker for power armor. And as I believe Dominic has mentioned before, it’s a shooter in which you don’t die instantly — always a plus in my book.

9. Warduke says:

I’m really hoping this does well but I’m not sure the price point is gonna be enough to push it over the edge into success. I played the first S8 starting in the beta and it was really discouraging that even on day one there were never more than 2 or 3 servers with people in them. I fear this game will suffer the same fate, on the PC at least..

10. Squishpoke says:

Games for Windows Live = No Buy.
    If it has GFWL, and SecuROM, there is no way in hell. I stupidly bought Batman: Arkham Asylum without reading the fine print on Steam, and guess what? It had GFWL and SecuROM, which installed without my knowledge and completely blindsided me when I tried to launch the game. As expected, the serial key did not work, and I sadly had to uninstall the game, Revo Uninstall GFWL, and finally download a SecuROM remover so that I can get rid of the rootkit.
    I might get around to downloading a pirated version of the damn game… that I paid for.

11. Olivaw says:

Ro-bot knife fiiight

Dun dun dundundun

Ro-bot knife fiight

Dun dun dundundun

12. mda says:

The big strong robot in the top pic is thinking “wheeeee!”. He’s skydiving in far too decadent a position to be thinking anything else.

13. drewski says:

I actually groaned at the alt-text, then came into this thread specifically to state that I groaned.

14. wazups2x says:

Hate the AUTO-AIM mode. There’s no need for that in a competitive multiplayer game.

Also, I really wish it didn’t use GFWL. That’s a big downside for me.

15. Predalienator says: