Team Assault Is Accepting Beta Signups

By Quintin Smith on April 28th, 2011 at 2:56 pm.

Did you know the Red Cross call their security guards the Very Cross? It's true.

You lot got very excited last time I talked about upcoming turn-based World War 2 tactics game Team Assault: Baptism of Fire. And why wouldn’t you? I can’t imagine a better way to spend a Sunday than customising a force, taking it online, fighting other customised forces in the style of a tabletop miniatures game, drinking some tea, getting spanked by some French guy from Calais, pouring the rest of your tea down the sink in a seething rage and tweaking your force again.

On the subject, I have a couple of nice pieces of news to report. One, the devs have just started accepting beta signups. Two, they’ve announced that the game will ship with not only a map editor, but mod tools. That’s what we like to hear. Register away, lads!

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Berzee says:

Mod tools? They should just release the source code.
    *run away*

• Tams80 says:

*grabs Berzee* O no you don’t! You’re going to be held here until the mob arrives.

2. Inigo says:

pouring the rest of your tea down the sink

You are a horrible person and I hope you contract some sort of genitalia-related disease.

3. nanophage says:

I wonder if they realize the saying is “Baptism BY Fire,” not “Baptism of Fire” – which makes no sense.
    Looks interesting though. If the modtools are powerfull enough I propose a mechcommander mod!
    I wonder what ever happened to the Men of War mechwarrior/battletech mod on that note.

4. Aedrill says:

Why is the beta sign up form asking me about my address? I’m not happy about it, to be honest…

• nanophage says:

So they know where to send the hit squad when you break NDA by posting videos on youtube.

5. Legionary says:

Quinns, I really enjoy your writing. I just wanted to say that.

6. Teddy Leach says:

Beaten by the French? How dare you.

7. pipman3000 says:

i thought this was a company of heroes mod. it just looks like someone took company of heroes and made it brown

• Tetragrammaton says:

Ive always pictured WWII as more of an alizarin crimson myself.

8. thebigJ_A says:

Was this the game that one of you guys did a post on in which (crap, I only vaguely remember) you started in the top left of the map, had to take out Germans in the south, and split into two squads. One went down the East, the other West. There was off map support he couldn’t figure out, maybe. There were Germans manning artillery, and you had a scout vehicle wot got destroyed by panzers, and… and…

Dammit I can’t remember! It sounded awesome! The developer was in the comments…

Anybody know what I’m talking about? Anyone?