Win: City Of Heroes’ Wedding Theme

By Jim Rossignol on April 29th, 2011 at 10:21 am.

While RPS is displeased that Britain’s future king elected to go against tradition and marry a woman instead of a horse, we’re not entirely without heart. As such, we’re going to make the big day thematically appropriate for City Of Heroes players by giving away City of Heroes Wedding Packs. That’s right: NCSoft have give us the premium wedding DLC, worth £5.99, and we can give it away to thirty lucky, lucky readers. Lucky European readers, anyway, as it’s limited to Europe. More details below.

NCSoft explain:

The City of Heroes® Wedding Pack includes two new formal wedding costumes and four celebratory character emotes, offering Heroes and Villains the tools to celebrate in style!

The wedding dress costume includes a long lace veil, short stockings, and lace dress and bodice, as well as special “Excess Plus,” “Hearts Plus,” and “Angelic Plus” costume pieces for chest and hips (all available to female characters).

The tuxedo costume includes an elegant formal tuxedo jacket with tails (available to all characters).

The Propose emote lets players get on one knee to pop the big question with the proper amount of formality (or just speak in a particularly romantic fashion) and three celebratory emotes allow players to toss heart and diamond shaped confetti, rose petals, and of course, rice.

Woo!

You can apply to win by emailing us this address with a description of how you would propose to RPS, were one allowed to marry a website. The best proposals will win the codes. But get a move on, because I’ll be judging these as they come in, and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. SuperNashwanPower says:

All I can say is, may Wills and Kate get thoroughly lagered at their reception :D Maybe Harry will get a snog off a bridesmaid, bless im.

• Juiceman says:

I was under the impression that she already was lagered. I’d expect you’d have to be to marry a mug like his. I guess that’s where being a prince comes in handy.

• Burning Man says:

He does look awful, doesn’t he?

• SpinalJack says:

You can see he inherited his looks from his mother cos his father looks like a sack of spuds

• rivalin says:

Show some respect, peasants. (half joking)

• SuperNashwanPower says:

I think its all very nice **waves small flag**

• Grape Flavor says:

Oh come on, be nice. At first I was like “what’s the big deal”, but really, there’s something about the pageantry and the symbolism surrounding these things that’s rather charming.

Poke fun at them if you want but I think it’s rather nice that you Brits have a (nominal) leadership that represent the nation and not merely the ideological muck of partisan politics.

Obama et al. can say all the “unity” bullshit they want and all our pols may wear little flag pins but in the end everyone knows anyone in the apparatus of state is a Democrat/Republican first and an American second. (And a decent, sensible human being third, but that’s for another discussion)

• Tams80 says:

Harry’s already got it on. Didn’t you see?

• SuperNashwanPower says:

He was holding kate’s sister’s arm, which made me a touch jealous. or are you referring to something altogether more salacious?

2. Choca says:

I guess “I’d marry you in the butt” isn’t considered good enough :D ?

Well I haven’t played CoH in ages anyway.

3. Groove says:

Making a tank in a wedding dress is almost enough to make me go back to CoH.

4. Pobblepop says:

Computer norks.

5. Nighthood says:

I CAN’T GET AWAY FROM IT.

ARGH.

6. Mario Figueiredo says:

Shouldn’t it be limited to UK only. You know, with the royal marriage being strictly a UK thing I don’t give a fuck about?

Anyway my proposal to RPS goes more or less like this: Want to marry me for my benefit? You do the dishes, the laundry and get me the newspaper. I do the reading.

• Tams80 says:

Everyone is excited! Didn’t you get the memo? “All shall be excited, whether subjects or not; or else be banished to the Tower”.

• Hoaxfish says:

Don’t forget that the uk royal family also head the anglican church and the commonwealth…worldwide “organisations”.

Plus, almost every american thinks it’s some sort of disney princess wedding

7. Tams80 says:

I have got some of the “wedding fever”, but it would seem nowhere is sacred when it comes to it. The BBC website just painful to go on.

• Hoaxfish says:

Is that like jungle fever, but you resort to looking up wedding-themed “erotic gentlemen’s photos” instead

8. Sulkdodds says:

I stood up when Jerusalem came on and filled my lungs with air and had a religious experience where I communed with William Blake and spiritually committed myself to his mission of transforming this land out of its degraded and unjust state. I saw every person in that church consumed by an indiscriminate and joyous orgy and I knew the will of god. Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand. I’m pretty drunk, though, so take that as you will.

9. BreadBitten says:

Dear lord, even in a hicky little third world country there’s no escaping this madness…

10. Urthman says:

Only want this if it includes code to have all your nemeses show up at your wedding only to get smacked down by audience full of the couple’s superhero friends…

11. Arglebargle says:

Word is, ‘One World’ server access alignment starts May 1, barring a showstopper. Colonial invasions expected soon thereafter. And maybe some more lag.