Assassin’s Creed Revelations Teaser & Pics

By John Walker on May 26th, 2011 at 5:00 pm.

I wish more games were about standing still and staring.

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations has information to spill. As we rejoin Ezio Auditore, running around Constantinople, this November it’ll be time to kick some Templar arse. And so far, Ubisoft are saying that includes the PC, although history suggests there’s the possibility that could change. What we know so far, some brand new screenshots, and a the first teaser trailer, are below.

As you explore the capital of the Ottoman Empire (where everyone’s legs are comfortably raised), you’ll have a bunch of new weapons and abilities. We know there will be the hookblade, bomb crafting, and a heightened Eagle Sense. There’s to be the mountain stronghold of the Assassins, Masyaf, alongside the busy streets of Constantinople.

As many were hoping, Altaïr is also in this game, as a playable character. Presumably Ezio finally follows in his footsteps far enough to actually catch up with him. There’s some new characters too, in the form of Yusuf Tazim, Prince Suleiman, and Sofia Sorto – the love interest.

They’re also promising a refined version of the multiplayer, with new modes and so on. But you want eye-based goods, right? Here’s the teaser:

More? Well, there’s three screenshots, and then three bits of artwork for no reason other than that they’re entertainingly wide. Click on each for a larger version.

, , , .

1. Nighthood says:

Why couldn’t they have done a new generation? So many options, but they stick with aging Ezio. It’s not even realistic any more, he’s far too old for this shit.

• nayon says:

Game Informer says he’s 50+ years old. Well, I guess he aged well :D

• Teddy Leach says:

How old is Sam Fisher supposed to be?

tomeoftom says:

• Jake says:

Sam Fisher is a sprightly 92 year old, I believe.

• DeepSleeper says:

• FalseMyrmidon says:

I get the feeling that Assassin’s Creed 2 was insanely expensive to make and that making these “sequels” where they get to reuse a lot of the assets is a way of recouping that investment.

• woodsey says:

“They are. This is the last Ezio one. After this it’s a new guy. So… y’know, just wait a couple years and you’ve got exactly what you want. They’re probably not using the “main” AC team for these spin-offs anyway.”

Pretty sure I’ve read they have around 600 people working on it. So I’d hate to see the “main” AC team.

QuantaCat says:

The doctor jokes in the beginning of AssBro that hes too old to heal fully. Which means hes probably 40 in the beginning of AssBro

AndrewC says:

Hey! A hill! Macro-geography is good for these games’ cities!

3. Jake says:

Another one! I still haven’t played the first one yet. It’s on sale on Steam for the first time ever at the moment – I’ve been waiting for that, but it still seems a bit expensive at £14 considering it’s so old. Compared to say, Just Cause 2 or Batman: AA that are often under £5.

• somini says:

The first one is totally worth it, although it’s Ubisoft weeklong sale, they might get it to 5 euros or something. If you have a not that bad PC with DirectX10 the graphics are amazing. Still couldn’t understand why ditching that engine for 2 and Bro…

cqdemal says:

They didn’t ditch it. They just dropped DirectX 10 support because it was probably not worth the time required to do it.

• brulleks says:

Totally different experience here. The first one becomes dull and repetitious long before the end. AC2, however, remained playable long after the main plot had ended.

Also, I bought AC for less than a tenner three years ago on Steam. Look around, seriously. You don’t want to spend £14.00 on it nowadays.

4. Matt says:

Man Raised by Puffins says:

Final Screenshot: Ezio, fresh from creating the world’s first pair of parachute pants, prepares for a trial run.

6. Seb says:

So, I’m still confused: Is this Assassin’s Creed 3, or 2-point-something-else?

• Dzamir says:

I think it’s more an “Assassin’s Creed 2: Episode 2″, then an Assassin’s Creed 3.

• Serenegoose says:

Legend of Ezio: Altair’s Mask.

• Baka says:

Well, at least this release-speed fits an episodic continuation.

• svge says:

Yeah Valve could take a leaf out of Ubisoft’s book regarding time between episodes.

7. Yzzerdd says:

Ezio’s cape will be missed.

8. nash93 says:

I am excite.

9. Outsider says:

Great costume design for the colder climates. Also noticed a crossbow on his back in one of the images.

10. Tyshalle says:

I kind of feel like this game is overstaying its welcome. I loved the first one, loved the second one, and started getting really bored with the third one about a quarter of the way through. I really think they should just have an all-Desmond version and then let the thing die gracefully. Instead it seems like it’s going the way of Halo. Pretty soon we’ll probably have a Real Time Strategy version of this game, and rumors of an MMO.

Sheesh!

11. cjlr says:

The last screenshots make it look like they fixed the Hagia Sophia. Good for them!

• Gormongous says:

There’s really no excuse for getting the geography and layout of the city wrong, since we have sites like http://www.byzantium1200.com/ and many sources documenting the changes the city experienced in the intervening four hundred years following that.

• skinlo says:

Gameplay>geography.

• Binho says:

Skinlo, how would you know? I doubt the geography would affect the gameplay at all. Medieval cities are quite narrow anyways. I’m pretty sure ubisoft haven’t tested out the real layout. I’d guarantee it would be just as good, if not better.

In fact the real medieval pantheon area in Rome was much better set out for parcours than the asscreed bro version.

• Consumatopia says:

Yeah, I’m sure this game will do just fine, but as graphics become more realistic, I do hope developers might actually stop to consider history, every once in a while.

Imagine you were playing a historically-based action/adventure game. As you’re walking down a street, it occurs to you that real people walking down that street in the real world centuries ago would have seen something almost exactly like what you’re seeing.

I can’t speak for everyone, but that would make a profound difference in how I feel about the experience.

• MrMud says:

But then again you dont want to spend half an hour traversing to get to where you are going.

• Schmitzkater says:

The developers very clearly stated that using a built Hagia Sofia was a conscious decision, so player could appreciate one more monument.

Plus they could always explain it away with errors in the Animus, or something.

12. Eidolon94 says:

Is that the Armor of Brutus Ezio is wearing? Because if it is, I’d be willing to bet he’ll lose it, along with the rest of his equipment, within the first 30 minutes of the game for some unfortunate reason.

• woodsey says:

I’ve heard he’ll die, and then be brought back to life two years later by a shady corpo-

Wait….

13. Dead_Cheiftain says:

I’m a big fan of the series and pretty impressed with the new location. However, canonically speaking, I am slightly puzzled by the fact despite the Assassin being a global organisation they appear to spend most of their time bumping off Catholics with a side interest in Islam that would make a Serbian death squad commander feel sullen and inadequate. In the original AC you do more damage to the warring sides of the Crusade than they could ever conceivable do to each other while in the sequel you kick about Italy like a sexy, overly pro-active embodiment of John Knox. I mean in the finale you beat the Pope to death with your bare hands (OK, one of the evil “lets not mention him popes but still…)!
    Not got round to Brotherhood yet but some how I doubt you set about the Dali Lama or go team handed against some Shintoists.

14. Betamax says:

It is perhaps unlikely, but with this being marketed as the end of Ezio’s story (but very much continuing the AC story alongside) could we end up seeing, or being given a clue about, the protagonist of AC3? Or even just the period in which it will be primarily set?

Would be a great teaser and might go someway to satisfying those who desire nothing more than the knowledge of where the series is going next (seriously, I’m enjoying this era guys and it hasn’t produced a duff note yet!)

It all reminds me of the GTA series. This is the San Andreas before the 4. Just happens to have the same protagonist. Similar to the GTA series though I imagine we will see a huge leap in terms of tech and gameplay changes between numbered games.

15. TheGrunt says:

I’m sure Muslim groups are going to protest the climbing of minaretts…

16. max pain says:

Nice wrist-hook. Gotta love medieval augs.

QuantaCat says:

As someone who enjoys reading/watching/hearing a good story, I hope this is the one where he dies, but has an offspring before that. no wait, that couldnt work? as soon as he has an offspring, desmond cant read the rest of his story anymore, can he?

18. Davey Jones says:

So… how long until they decide AssCreed needs to get the “Warrior Within” treatment, complete with an unfitting butt-metal soundtrack and “brutal” combo attacks via “insane” weaponry? *groans*

Please, kill this series now, and let’s pretend AssCreed II was the only title in it.

• Arachnyd says:

Don’t really know what you’re bitching about, I just finished Brotherhood and it was fucking awesome. I must have spent at least an hour just wandering around Rome randomly ordering the Assassin Recruits to pop out of a hay pile and gut someone for no reason other than it was sweet.