Prey 2 Trailer Is Live Action, Worrying

By Jim Rossignol on June 3rd, 2011 at 8:32 am.

Hello, ladies.
There’s some stuff you hope will never happen when you are trapped on a plane. This is one of those things. Nothing of the game is shown, of course, but for a live-action vignette to say a bit about how the game is going to be I think it works. Aliens get shot.

For a more in-depth reason to be interested, check out Alec’s preview of the game. Open-world space bounty-hunter has me intrigued…

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. Lagwolf says:

Nice, Johnny Cash and some live action alien hunting. Lot to live up to for the actual game mind.

2. werix says:

As apparently the only person on god’s green earth outside of Id that really liked Prey; thought the gameplay was good; the atmosphere great; the alien race not that bad; and the main character to be genuinely likable, even if a bit of a positive stereotype of a member of the First Nations; I will say I myself am concerned about the game seeming to at this point have no connection to the first one, other than a lipservice reference to the plane crashing on the sphere.

That on top of this trailer makes me not that excited. I’m at the the point where non-gameplay trailers do nothing to encourage me to want to buy a game. I actually use it as a negative until gameplay comes along. Thats all I want to see is the game, in action.

3. blainestereo says:

No portals?

No crazy gravity shenanigans?

Not interested.

Also so many effort has clearly been put into making the protagonist as generic as possible it makes me want to vomit.

4. KlaxonOverdrive says:

I would watch this show. And then if they made a game based on it I’d likely play that too.

5. Igor Hardy says:

Meh, with all the cool aliens on the screenshots I’ve seen before I thought you play as one of them – getting alien abilities, alien women, alien one-liners.

Instead it’s the same old generic male commando stuff.

• smoke.tetsu says:

That’s not a bad idea to go full on alien with it. Although technically the main character is the alien in that world. ;)

6. Iskariot says:

If this trailer is an accurate depiction of the atmosphere of the game then I am sold.
    I really, really hope the city looks just as awesome in the actual game. I hope it feels truly alive and kicking with npc’s that look they belong there, doing their thing. Not just being static objects waiting for you to approach them.

7. Garret says:

If the first game was indians, then I guess this one is cowboys. I love the premise though, as it gets closer to release and we see some actual gameplay footage I will allow myself to be excited.

8. Hensler says:

Forget Dead Island – this is the game trailer of the year.

9. Daniel Klein says:

This is AMAZING. I want this right now. And also, noticed how damn effective subtlety is? Instead of chewing through one-liners or making loud brash noises, this man (this man!) uses his mouth for one expressive thing: a minuscule smirk. He sees a giant half robot half flesh thing in front of him, notices there’s a bounty on it, and he smirks. YES! I want to be that guy, now.

10. DOLBYdigital says:

While I understand this has nothing to do with the game besides maybe a vague proof of concept and showing the atmosphere/vibe they are going for…. I thought this was very entertaining and would like to see a show like this. Hopefully the game will be able to capture this in a fun package. Also hope its not limited by the lowest common denominator (platform)…

11. Text_Fish says:

Umm. I want to run around on ceilings please?

12. kuran says:

Looks fantastic.

13. JackShandy says:

What an unsatisfying gun noise.

14. Unaco says:

I think you’ll find that it’s a cover of Rusty Cage, by Johnny Cash, from the album Unchained. It’s not acoustic Soundgarden.

15. Muzman says:

Well, it’s kinda acoustic Soundgarden. It’s just not acoustic Soundgarden played by Soundgarden.